Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First impressions
11-24-2013, 09:34 AM,
First impressions
I believe that our first impressions about the chase are the best. I think that the first impressions that we get, are the most psychic and that second guessing our selves quickly becomes a lost cause. Since the first human took the first step, first impressions have played a vital roll in human survival, and probably play the vital roll in the chase.
11-24-2013, 10:37 AM,
First impressions
Rational thought (or our best approximation thereof) has also played a vital roll in human survival.
11-24-2013, 11:21 AM,
First impressions

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from James Perotti on November 24, 2013, 9:34 am</b>

I believe that our first impressions about the chase are the best. I think that the first impressions that we get, are the most psychic and that second guessing our selves quickly becomes a lost cause. Since the first human took the first step, first impressions have played a vital roll in human survival, and probably play the vital roll in the chase.
</div>

Er, two problems there:

1) There is no such thing as a "psychic" ability: nobody is "psychic."

2) There was no such thing as "the first human:" evolution does not work that way.
11-24-2013, 11:56 AM,
First impressions

</div>

My first impression took me down the same dead-end road so many others have traveled. I thought dams and fish. I am now firmly convinced that is totally wrong. I've changed my mind a couple of times since I was a newbie Fenner. Nothing will convince you your first impression is seriously wrong like going out into the field to your spot in the middle of nowhere that you spent months researching, convinced that you and only you have it cracked, only to find it absolutely covered with fresh footprints, tire tracks and evidence of digging. That's when you realize a lot of people are getting the same first impression as you, and we are all wrong.

The poem is very tricky and misleading. I'm convinced that Forrest spent most of the 15 years he says it took him to perfect it just doing obfuscation. He designed it to give us all the wrong first impression, no matter what your particular first impression may be. That's why the treasure hasn't been found yet. The poem has wheels within wheels and depths as deep as the ocean. It is going to take a lot of thought and re-thought to eventually solve it.

Also, Desertphile is right, there's no such thing as psychic powers. It's just another name for fooling ourselves.

mdavis19
11-24-2013, 12:53 PM,
First impressions
I agree wholeheartedly mdavis19! Unless there is some miracle that leads this poem to my original spot, my first impression was WAY off! The deeper I look into what Forrest is saying, the more I learn about what he means.
11-24-2013, 05:33 PM,
First impressions

</div>

I happen to agree with James Perotti that our first intuition/impression is very important and possibly, the best. For me, I intuitively believed in a certain area for WWWH last April when I started on this adventure. I am glad I felt strongly about my own "gut" feeling, as everything has lined up since then.

11-25-2013, 07:18 AM,
First impressions
@ Postmaster, Maybe first impression is to ambiguous. The first thing I got from the poem right off the bat, was the names of two places North of Santa Fe, then I used a commercially produced map to connect the dots, and then made a hand drawn map of the places, and the lines connecting them. So, after almost a year of collecting information, reading the Blog's, other peoples solves and searchers, ect. I haven't come up with anything to change my mind about my original solve. There have been times when someone has brought something up that seemed to contradict my ideas at first glance, but then when I take a closer look, I really don't see anything more compelling than what I already have. Maybe I should have said, "sort of first impressions".
11-25-2013, 09:28 AM,
First impressions
@James Perotti, I added the word intuition to your word impression I guess to more accurately explain the "feeling" I have had from the start. I understand that not everyone believes in "intuition", but it is something that is part of my life. Regarding the word impression, my husband has always remarked that I am "spot on" with my impression of people the first time I meet them.

Although I have only worked on the treasure location for 8 months now, after also collecting countless amounts of information, I have not waivered in my solution from my original "feeling" about WWWH. It has served my well.

Finding real confirmation of my clue solutions along this journey will continue to thrust me towards the final location. Those confirmations are there. Good luck.
11-27-2013, 11:38 PM,
First impressions
A coworker showed me the poem in September 2011 and asked for my thoughts. I had not heard of this hunt and had no idea who this "millionaire in Santa Fe" was. I read it quickly and said that it was pretty general and could be pointing anywhere. However one stanza really jumped out at me and I commented that it "screams" a certain area to me. He didn't think much of it so I gave the poem back and completely forgot about it until February 2013 when I saw a report of the treasure hunt on the news.

After reading the poem again in February, I had the same general feeling about it and again the same stanza jumped out at me. I have not been able to look at this stanza differently and it has proved to be an integral part of my solutions.

I've always thought first impressions, whether about people or other things should be considered and followed if possible until proven wrong. But I wonder if following this first impression will be my ultimate failure in this hunt, as I have looked for other clue solutions to fit with this area. I know I may have to let go of this interpretation some day, but all four lines speak to me as if written specifically for me. The other five stanzas do nothing.

I feel confident in saying the hunt would be over if the poem were stanza 3 only. Well, maybe one more stanza with the exact x spot and how deep to dig would help a bit.

First impressions are great.. except when they're wrong.

jdh
11-28-2013, 12:55 AM,
First impressions
When I first heard about the thrill of the chase in a local news story, I followed a link to Forrest's blog and read the poem. I had an initial thought about what WWWH could be followed by a second a couple days later when I started looking more closely at the poem. I ordered the book (TTOTC) but had to wait well over a month due to it being on back order. I started reading some of the blogs, which was probably a mistake, and found myself quickly getting sucked into group-think about what WWWH was or could be - listening to others and being swayed by their oratory is never a good thing. After conjuring up a number of crazy ideas based upon other peoples' thoughts, I finally received the book and started reading and focusing only on what Forrest was saying/had written - ignoring the blogs and the ideas people were putting out there in regards to how I was approaching my search for the treasure chest; probably the wisest thing I have done. After quickly dismissing a number of ideas based upon what I read and doing some thinking, I found myself a bit frustrated as nothing was coming close to fitting the places that I was looking at.

So I finally pushed everything aside, dismissing all the notions I had formed in my head and wiping the slate clean, and went back to my very first thought. I started researching the area and was surprised how a number of things fell into place, and how a number of lines in the poem suddenly made sense and had real meaning... needless to say, I have yet to find an area better fitting the poem than my first impression. In an effort not to box myself into one spot, I will take ideas that I have about the poem and look at other places ever couple of weeks, but I have yet to find anything else that has kept my attention for more than a day or two. However, I have found many places that I now would love to go and see just because of the histories or the unique beauties of the various locations; I have Forrest to thank for that, so many wonderful places to see and adventures to go on.

In the experiences of my own life, I look back and can confidently say that first impressions are much better followed than the questioning, second guessing, and overthinking that always inevitably follow.