Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you think Mr. Fenn wants the chest to be found in the near future
03-30-2014, 07:44 AM,
Spoken like a person that has truly never been hungry....belongs in a museum ? Gold coins were made to be spent and rare jewels were made to be worn. Nuggets were made to go in my poke. I'll use the chest for empty brass. It's pretty gold too.
03-30-2014, 09:10 AM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from JohnRicko on March 21, 2014, 1:52 pm</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from deb on March 18, 2014, 10:34 pm</b>

I think he wants it all back. He may offer the finder cash for the treasure, remember he said he could take it with him? In my thoughts on that line, then he could donate it to the Smithsonian. That way he gets remembered for it all, gets the tax deduction for the donation and knows his treasure will be protected forever. Now doesnt that sound like, he" thought of it all" ? Smile
</div>

"It belongs in a museum." Dr. Jones Smile

I like that. I would rather have the cash, but I'd also want all the searchers to get a chance to hold the treasure in their hands at least once before it's locked away behind a glass case.</div>
</div>

<b>CASH for GOLD</b>... <b>WATER in a BOTTLE</b>... now I've seen everything Big Grin

Title to the Gold...

03-30-2014, 09:13 AM,

<b>Quote from Ripsaw on March 30, 2014, 8:44 am</b>

Spoken like a person that has truly never been hungry....belongs in a museum ? Gold coins were made to be spent and rare jewels were made to be worn. Nuggets were made to go in my poke. I'll use the chest for empty brass. It's pretty gold too.
</div>

I don't know, you can't eat GOLD... just ask MIDAS...

<b>GOLD COINS are pretty hard to spend</b>, with the necessary REPORTING and all... <b>whereas CASH is a BEARER's Document</b>...

<b>GOLD COINS are best used as BARTER... but what to barter for ?</b> Land, Houses & Cars enter into "Declarations of Value for Tax Purposes"...

There are some places where you can "BARTER for PROPERTY with GOLD COINS", <b>I GIVE YOU TITLE to this LAND, HOME, CAR or other PROPERTY "for the sum of $1 and other good and valuable consideration".</b> ( Who is to say that the "other good and valuable consideration" wasn't some number of GOLD COINS )

If I were "HUNGRY"... I'd go for CASH... but that would be "the TITLE HOLDER's" Decision, if Forrest was to make such an offer... which Forrest hasn't...

03-30-2014, 10:06 PM,

</div>

Nice.
03-31-2014, 04:35 AM,

<b>Quote from Nora Kelly on March 30, 2014, 11:06 pm</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">

</div>

Nice.</div>
</div>

Spoken like a person that has truly never been hungry.... <b>"Empty Brass" for RELOADING ? </b>

How many "GOLD" COINS do you need to rid yourself of that "ONE SPARK" in the "CHINESE FIREWORKS FACTORY" explosion ?

<b>You sound "MORE" like a person who's truly never been...</b> well, er... almost as odd as <b>"REPUBLICANS on FOODSTAMPS"</b>... Big Grin

<b>"REPUBLICANS on FOODSTAMPS"</b> => <b>'Royal' Couple Allegedly Claimed Welfare and Food Stamps While Living on $1.2 M Yacht</b>

Big Grin
08-16-2014, 11:14 AM,
Its like any huge mystery or cold case for a detective... you have to keep digging and digging and digging until you find new clues... The part that gets frustrating is when you have found the place... And "your quest to cease" however locating the exact hiding spot in that place is tougher than you could ever imagined. FF has the final laugh in this... remember he walked back to his car laughing at what he did. I am sure he may have seen others around him and they probably just looked over and wondered what an old man was laughing about and went along with their day never knowing they saw and heard a legend of a man and his story.

He said it won't be found by accident... that really means it is well hidden. Someone will not just come across a shrub cut by DOT or a hiker stumbling over a rock and uncovering it... This Chest is hidden in a place where it can stand the test of time. The longer that Chest is hidden the more remarkable and of value the find will be... I hope if I don't find it, my kids or their kids will... I will pass on my secret theories to them..

08-17-2014, 04:55 AM,
What are the chances that some random person was near the parking lot of the Chest, saw Forrest walking back to his car laughing, this person then became aware of the Chase, looked up a picture of Forrest, recognized him, and put it all together in their head?
08-17-2014, 01:57 PM,
tomwhat...I would say slim to none..Think Mr. Fenn to be craftier than to let anyone have any idea what he was up to...Figure when he went "in there" he knew no one was in the vicinity at the time... Smile
08-17-2014, 10:29 PM,
The day he went there everyone was Christmas shopping.
08-18-2014, 04:05 PM,
Hidden on the Friday after Thanksgiving? Tongue