Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ring my bell
01-01-2017, 12:02 PM,
Ring my bell
Ring my bell? Forrest says THINK!! What do you think ring my bell means. Please give a description of the metaphor.!!!
01-01-2017, 12:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-01-2017, 12:11 PM by The Wolf.)
RE: Ring my bell
Woody, This is very good observation and one I have always underestimated. I have looked at the metaphorical approach and it is very interesting and mind expanding. Then I wondered or come to believe it may be a literal hint to the chest. A physical bell may even mark the chest location. Note the bel hangs suspended over his window between the book shelves.
[Image: 5557f63977b8e.image.jpg?resize=945%2C630]
01-01-2017, 12:18 PM,
Chicago John would always say "you can't unring a bell".
01-01-2017, 12:50 PM,
Bells are significant, f seems to attach a spiritual significance to his. A bell can be used to draw attention to something. I wonder if f has the bell placed over the window so that he will no when someone enters thru it?

In boxing when you get hit hard or knocked out they would say you got your bell rung.
01-01-2017, 02:42 PM,
Awhile ago I had some idea that the blaze was a bell at some historic site down in Texas with some inscription next to it that sent you to the next clue. What a silly idea that was.....

down with the evil twin

01-01-2017, 03:52 PM,
@ TC,

...no, not as silly as the old city hall bell in Denver that I was thinking of...or some historic belltower somewhere....
01-01-2017, 03:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-01-2017, 04:07 PM by geydelkon.)
I do know the story about the bell found at a branco near Taos. Anyway, a bell cant be rung if its missing, just an artist license in my solution.

The artistic license may also refer to the ability of an artist to apply smaller distortions, such as a poet ignoring some of the minor requirements of grammar for poetic effect.[1] For example, Mark Antony's "Friends, Romans, Countrymen, lend me your ears" from Shakespeare's Julius Caesar would technically require the word "and" before "countrymen", but the conjunction "and" is omitted to preserve the rhythm of iambic pentameter (the resulting conjunction is called an asyndetic tricolon). Conversely, on the next line, the end of "I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him" has an extra syllable because omitting the word "him" would make the sentence unclear, but adding a syllable at the end would not disrupt the meter.[2] Both of these are examples of artistic license.

Another example of artistic license is the way in which stylized images of an object (for instance in a painting or an animated movie) are different from their real life counterparts, but are still intended to be interpreted by the viewer as representing the same thing. This can mean the omission of details, or the simplification of shapes and color shades, even to the point that the image is nothing more than a pictogram. It can also mean the addition of non-existing details, or exaggeration of shapes and colous, as in fantasy art or a caricature.
01-01-2017, 04:25 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-01-2017, 04:28 PM by Woody Bogg.)
(01-01-2017, 03:55 PM)geydelkon Wrote: I do know the story about the bell found at a branco near Taos. Anyway, a bell cant be rung if its missing, just an artist license in my solution.

The artistic license may also refer to the ability of an artist to apply smaller distortions, such as a poet ignoring some of the minor requirements of grammar for poetic effect.[1] For example, Mark Antony's "Friends, Romans, Countrymen, lend me your ears" from Shakespeare's Julius Caesar would technically require the word "and" before "countrymen", but the conjunction "and" is omitted to preserve the rhythm of iambic pentameter (the resulting conjunction is called an asyndetic tricolon). Conversely, on the next line, the end of "I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him" has an extra syllable because omitting the word "him" would make the sentence unclear, but adding a syllable at the end would not disrupt the meter.[2] Both of these are examples of artistic license.

Another example of artistic license is the way in which stylized images of an object (for instance in a painting or an animated movie) are different from their real life counterparts, but are still intended to be interpreted by the viewer as representing the same thing. This can mean the omission of details, or the simplification of shapes and color shades, even to the point that the image is nothing more than a pictogram. It can also mean the addition of non-existing details, or exaggeration of shapes and colous, as in fantasy art or a caricature.
Good job nice read. Geydelkon. Your poetic gesture is really well done!! Did the bell found have lots of patina??
01-01-2017, 04:34 PM,
I've discovered some weak associations for both physical and metaphorical bells. On the metaphorical side, Will Smith has some potential. My problem with that is that I can't decide whether I should put the Fresh Prince ahead of Entourage on my Netflix queue. On the physical side, there's an old ship bell in Hawaii that may come in to play. Both of these are in the "save for later" category though, since I'm not sure what the rules are at this level of the game, and I still have lots of easier potential clues to filter through.
01-01-2017, 04:44 PM,
The bell at the Spanish church on San Lazaro Pueblo was broken in the Pueblo Revolt. F made special mention of it in The Secrets of San Lazaro Pueblo. I always thought it was interesting.

Also, Eric Sloane proposed that instead of celebrating July 4th with fireworks, Americans should celebrate instead with the ringing of bells...
Mindy's YouTube Channel and blog:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMAnEYj...UN1I6me_0g

http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No Emerald Ring - So who found the treasure first? Top Secret 12 1,109 12-17-2020, 11:09 AM
Last Post: LeadSolver
  Lumbers and numbers, a man shall ring a bell to raise the DeeepThnkr 0 912 07-14-2018, 11:37 AM
Last Post: DeeepThnkr
  END of Rainbow, Wy, piloting, Egypt, bell, eye, baseball, $1 DeeepThnkr 2 1,706 06-28-2018, 12:10 PM
Last Post: mikemarcum878
  Forrest told a story about finding a diamond ring. mikemarcum878 0 967 06-24-2018, 01:04 PM
  Forrest told a story about finding a diamond ring. mikemarcum878 0 923 06-24-2018, 01:03 PM
  That Burnin' Ring John Brown 16 7,088 06-11-2018, 08:58 AM
Last Post: John Brown