Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TFTW written a long time ago?
12-01-2013, 08:21 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from admin on December 1, 2013, 8:00 pm</b>

David are you going to still talk to me if I eat all those turkeys?
</div>

"Eat?" <b>EAT?!?!?!?!?!</b> I thought you were going to <i><b>RESCUE</b></i> them!
12-06-2013, 01:23 AM,
As an accountant, I must say if you donate the entire treasure to the Smithsonian or any other legitimate history or art museum, you will have absolutely no tax problem.
12-06-2013, 03:01 AM,
If you find it and remain hush and sell it to privite collectors you have no tax problems

And I would donate a vast majority of it to St. Jude...for the kids
12-06-2013, 08:07 AM,

<b>Quote from admin on December 6, 2013, 6:49 am</b>

As an accountant mafirst, is it true that as a gift...if Forrest hasn't already given away more than 5 million...that if it's considered a gift that it could be tax free?
</div>

The Infernal Revenue "Service" and I never speak to each other except to threaten each other, so I do not know about such things--- but if I recall correctly one must report monetary gifts, and gold is money. Far better to never tell anyone about finding the treasure.
12-06-2013, 03:27 PM,

<b>Quote from Desertphile on December 6, 2013, 8:07 am</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from admin on December 6, 2013, 6:49 am</b>

As an accountant mafirst, is it true that as a gift...if Forrest hasn't already given away more than 5 million...that if it's considered a gift that it could be tax free?
</div>

The Infernal Revenue "Service" and I never speak to each other except to threaten each other, so I do not know about such things--- but if I recall correctly one must report monetary gifts, and gold is money. Far better to never tell anyone about finding the treasure.</div>
</div>

Any individual may receive up to $14,000 as a gift in any given year without incurring taxes by the IRS. However, if an individual receives more than $14,000, the tax burden is on the individual who gave the gift. I will not get into corporate taxes, because it makes my head swim. And I'm supposed to be retired from all that crap.

However, Mr Fenn has stated in his last televised interview that the treasure is not a GIFT. He considers it EARNED by the individual(s) who find the treasure, freeing him of paying any taxes. In fact he would be able to "write off" the value of the treasure from his own tax return. However, the value of the treasure is open to debate. A monetary value cannot be placed on the treasure until it is sold. So, if you choose to leave the treasure as a centerpiece on your dining room table, tax problem solved.
12-06-2013, 04:54 PM,
It all depends on whether or not a person goes public. FF has said if you're smart you will keep quiet, but he does not believe the individual(s) who find the treasure will be able to keep quiet.
12-06-2013, 05:24 PM,
personally I don't think it matters to the Author. once it is found, it would be totally out of his hands. and I don't believe he even gave it a thought.
12-06-2013, 06:11 PM,
Ma when did Fenn say if you are smart you wont mention it?

Shhh they aren't listening.
12-08-2013, 11:07 PM,
I personally don't think it was pre-written. It feels homemade. I like all the artwork, plus its nice that this book has a table of contents. Smile

Always,

A_The_A
12-08-2013, 11:37 PM,
If you look on Forrests blog, he posted some of those same chapters (stories) in early 2011 on his blog. Not sure if that's when he wrote them but he may have already had them written prior to TTOTC.