Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Weather-ill Spot
01-10-2017, 04:40 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-10-2017, 04:41 PM by pidmt.)
RE: The Weather-ill Spot
(01-10-2017, 04:36 PM)The Wolf Wrote:
(01-10-2017, 04:29 PM)TheTrueNorth Wrote: Weather was something that Sloan focused on, retained by the Air Force to teach pilots with his manual full of drawings, and he also wrote a book about predicting the weather the old-fashioned way. His real name being Everard Jean HinRICHS, also ties in with "riches".
There is a guy who gets it.

if my memory serves me well,sloane was also credited as the 1st weatherman on tv
******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
01-11-2017, 09:59 PM,
(01-10-2017, 04:40 PM)pidmt Wrote:
(01-10-2017, 04:36 PM)The Wolf Wrote:
(01-10-2017, 04:29 PM)TheTrueNorth Wrote: Weather was something that Sloan focused on, retained by the Air Force to teach pilots with his manual full of drawings, and he also wrote a book about predicting the weather the old-fashioned way. His real name being Everard Jean HinRICHS, also ties in with "riches".
There is a guy who gets it.

if my memory serves me well,sloane was also credited as the 1st weatherman on tv

It does serve you well, he arranged for local farmers to call in their reports to a reporting station.

Weather, Whether, Wether....We also can't forget MeriWETHER Lewis.
01-14-2017, 12:01 PM,
(01-12-2017, 11:00 PM)Andrew Jef Wrote: More over-thinking manifests itself. I have a lot of respect for FF, but I don't think that he used
a lot of complexity in his poem. Yeah, he tweaked it for many years until it was finely polished,
but even a finely-polished ball bearing is not complicated. It just has to be precisely crafted of the
right material to do its job. This is how I view his poem.

I don't think the name(s) of Wetherill, Richard, Rich, etc. relate to a good solve. Use maps, and
don't forget to show the poem to several children. And don't be stubborn. Change your mind if appropriate regarding your (tentative) solution to any clue. This is what I did, many times. Expect to spend hundreds of hours solving this thing.

Good luck to everyone. Don't forget to research how to be safe in the Rockies, where bears and mountain lions and scorpions and mosquitoes and ticks and snakes may live.

Refer to HowStuffWorks, "How do they get the balls in ball bearings so perfectly round and smooth?"

I agree with everything you said AJ, but while a ball bearing starts as a simple metal wire, a lot of thinking went into designing the "process" to turn it into a perfect ball.

There ARE names in the poem, the question is why?
And, is it worth thinking about or not?

There are other names in the poem too, besides those posted on this thread, if you see them. Tweaking the poem over the years, leads me to believe that single letters are important.

The matter of names in the poem does appear to be PART of the design of the chase process. Using a map is a given.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weather/Seasons/Mystical Places/Animals Folklore Mindy 2 1,440 04-19-2018, 05:54 PM
Last Post: easternOHsteve
  Weather in States of Interest LostFound 2 1,991 12-16-2015, 11:53 AM
Last Post: ksteph