Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frosty my friend
12-04-2013, 03:14 AM,
Frosty my friend
indecision is the key to flexibility ....

this is a reference to freedom from plans, see page 13, making plans is antagonistic to freedom, so indecision equals flexibility

Latitude means freedom to move

... and that's why i waited so LONG to secret my cache

so we have a reference to LAT and LON in the hiding of the cache, and also in the proper order, Lat comes first
12-04-2013, 03:24 AM,
Frosty my friend
no frosty .... you da man ... no frosty, not me .. you .... no ... you frosty .. you da man

[Image: ldjcp-frosty.jpg]
12-04-2013, 07:32 AM,
Frosty my friend
@ Christ Yates - thanks for the interesting and thought provoking ideas. One thing I get caught up on with this idea, as well as my own way of looking at the poem, is consistency. I would think that for a method to work in solving the poem it would have to be applied consistently from beginning to end. You mentioned that a specific word (below, being the 48th word) has meaning related to text on page 48 of TTOTC. Then you point out that the 148th and 149th words happen to fall in the line that references the word cold. Using the same methodology, I would think that one would use the word cold as the 151st word and relate that to some content on page 151 of TTOTC.

Conversely, you could argue that "below" appears in the same line as the home of Brown, which then might direct you to look at page 48 for an allusion to the home of Brown. My point being is that this method seems to have multiple means of application and interpretation.

I have the same issue with my current solve. By my count, there are 8 "triggers" throughout the poem instructing me to apply a particular method. The first 7 instances all work in exactly the same fashion while the 8th takes a slightly different form, albeit very similar.

So, my question is if there is some variation in the method you're using, does that necessarily mean that the method is flawed? Would Forrest have been consistent from beginning to end leaving no room for ambiguity? I would like to think so as anything less would render it virtually impossible to gain any significant level of confidence. The bad part is, it may not bode very well for me and my method!
12-04-2013, 08:05 AM,
Frosty my friend
Chris Yates,

If the poem does hold coordinates, some where in the poem it must tell you where those are. As you explained with your example of NW hemisphere and china. I do understand that the spot is in the Rocky Mountain, because FF said so... but that was after the fact. So unless the poem itself tells you where to 'use' the coordinates, it would be just a guess on where they work.

So my question would be, How does one know where to use the lat/long.? But, I like your line of thinking.

Edit: How does one use the poem to find the correct coordinates , I mean. Seem if the "only" place to find them was in the book, that would be a big clue and not so much a subtle.
12-04-2013, 02:57 PM,
Frosty my friend
@SidnyCharley there is a lot that I don’t say. We all have to decide if hints we are finding are convincing enough or are they too flawed in consistency. Really we are asking ourselves did F place this as a hint. For me there is enough here to be more than convincing but that isn’t going to mean much to you becuz you won’t know all that I am basing that on.

You are using correct logic I think to extend the meaning of cold to a certain page, I didn’t want to go there really, but you did already, so there it is. And on the HOB if you want to know about that, well, use the same logic that you did for the cold.

@Jason I will share one more that is a hint I think. Page 34 of the book, it says FORT WORTH. I believe this is a subtle reference to eFFORT WORTH the cold. Right below that it says 10 JULY, change JULY to a number and it would be 10 7. The hint I think being that the correct longitude degree is -107

@Seeker imo you have to know what WWH is first, or else the hints at the coordinates in the book and poem wont make any sense, and you won’t even recognize them. You cant shortcut the poem by finding coordinates but you can recognize coordinate hints in the book and poem once you know where the end of the canyon down is located. Trying to look for coordinates w/o having first solved stanzas 2 and 3 in the poem (at least) is pointless, that’s what im saying. and I am also saying hints to the coordinates are in the poem as well as the book. But you cannot pull the individual numbers out of either one, or else that would make it possible to shortcut the poem.

12-04-2013, 03:38 PM,
Frosty my friend
I had a beer or two but teachers with ropes could be alpha teacher could be point A and rope could be the distance between two points and at the end might refer to point B.

12-04-2013, 04:15 PM,
Frosty my friend
The basic Lat/Long numbers I got are 36 and 105.

The 36 inch bathtub in Olgas small house makes no sense until you realize he said 36 inches LONG. (LONGITUDE)

The Latitude number may possibly be from the number of bombs on the bombers from Operation Arc light. Forrest says 105 but I have found different numbers when I look up that plane. So did he say 105 intentionally?

Those 2 numbers on a map put you right in the Taos NM area.

http://www.mapsofworld.com/usa/states/ne...-long.html

There are also other clues to put you in the Taos area. I strongly feel there are to many references in the book to Lat and Long to be a coincidence...

His mother has LONG sightedness.

second the minute hand touched

polarity

36 inches LONG
12-04-2013, 05:36 PM,
Frosty my friend
indecision is the key to flexibility ....

this is a reference to freedom from plans, see page 13, making plans is antagonistic to freedom, so indecision equals flexibility

Latitude means freedom to move

... and that's why i waited so LONG to secret my cache

so we have a reference to LAT and LON in the hiding of the cache, and also in the proper order, Lat comes first
12-05-2013, 05:56 AM,
Frosty my friend

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Jason on December 5, 2013, 12:32 am</b>

Chris Yates,

So is it the number 80 that's important? Or maybe 13?? Or 50??? If this is the correct blaze, then the quest is nearly over..... so maybe one of these numbers completes the Lat/Long coordinates?? Such that you can now "move with confidence" to the chest location using this last number input?

</div>

Jason, where did you come up with the number 50? I'm not into the whole lat/long thing but one of my solves does involve the number 50.
12-05-2013, 12:53 PM,
Frosty my friend
Tralou2you - wrote <b>fifty</b> books that were all clever

But with Forrest saying all you need is the poem it would seem the book is not needed to find the chest?

I feel the book is needed to find the <b>starting point </b>to apply the poem clues. If this is the case then FF statement of all you need is the poem is correct. All you need is the poem if you can find WWH but if you cant find the starting point then the book will help you. (Lat Long possibly)

This to me is another of FF's play on words or being clever. Him being a pilot makes the use of Lat Long a strong possibility.

Also some seem to think because Forrest has said subtle clues are in the book they cannot be Lat/Long. Subtle simply means "hidden and not obvious" so yes numbers sprinkled through out the book can indeed be Lat/Long in my opinion. Same as words in the poem corresponding to lines in the book.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why Frosty? crazyfamily 52 4,549 05-16-2019, 10:00 AM
Last Post: crazyfamily
  Google is not your friend John Brown 5 694 04-17-2019, 07:58 AM
Last Post: John Brown
  Sandwich/Flashlight/Teeth/Friend/Car running Riddlemethat 4 582 03-27-2019, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  Florida in Frosty Chmaanta 3 1,677 01-30-2018, 01:17 AM
Last Post: Chmaanta
  Uphill battle on frosty nite 5GIRLS 2 1,376 01-25-2018, 12:56 AM
Last Post: 5GIRLS
  Frosty the Ruler... What is Fenn measuring? glock20 27 19,103 06-19-2016, 06:15 PM
Last Post: pidmt