Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I could have written the poem before
02-02-2017, 06:31 PM,
I could have written the poem before
I could have written the poem before I hid the chest, but I didn't.
I could have writ ten clues into the poem before I hid the chest, but I decided to stop at nine.
02-02-2017, 07:07 PM,
RE: I could have written the poem before
(02-02-2017, 06:31 PM)Timraywa Wrote: I could have written the poem before I hid the chest, but I didn't.
I could have writ ten clues into the poem before I hid the chest, but I decided to stop at nine.

He does say it contains nine clues.
He does not say it contains only nine clues.
02-02-2017, 08:02 PM,
I just now counted all of the clues,from the poem, to the end of my solve.
17 clues
The last one being BRAVE AND IN THE WOOD.
9 or 10 clues gets me to the x
All the rest must be figured out on the spot.
Only filler lines in my solve are
AS I HAVE GONE ALONE IN THERE
AND WITH MY TREASURES BOLD
I CAN KEEP MY SECRET WHERE
JUST TAKE THE CHEST AND GO IN PEACE
SO HEAR ME ALL AND LISTEN GOOD
I GIVE YOU TITLE TO THE GOLD
02-03-2017, 01:13 AM,
(02-02-2017, 07:07 PM)TheTicTocMan Wrote:
(02-02-2017, 06:31 PM)Timraywa Wrote: I could have written the poem before I hid the chest, but I didn't.

He does say it contains nine clues.
He does not say it contains only nine clues.

Didn't Fenn say something like he didn't count the clues till after he was done with the poem and there were 9? Wheres a quote master when I need one....

down with the evil twin

02-03-2017, 02:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-03-2017, 02:03 AM by The Count.)
(02-03-2017, 01:52 AM)locolobo Wrote:
(02-03-2017, 01:13 AM)The Count Wrote: Didn't Fenn say something like he didn't count the clues till after he was done with the poem and there were 9? Wheres a quote master when I need one....

Yes, and no.....yes on he didn't count till done, and no on "saying" how many!! Smile
Forrest, Did you intend for there to be 9 clues, or did it work out to be just right with 9? ~ halo

Nice thinking halo, I didn’t count the clues until the poem had been finalized. Although I changed it a few times over the months I think the number stayed about the same.f

Halogetter tried to get him to commit, but no dice!! Smile

"number stayed about the same"??.....maybe just 9?.....mebbe more?
Thanks quote master! I think I'll just reply to everyone of your post because I know in a day or 2 it might be gone Wink

down with the evil twin

02-03-2017, 09:32 AM,
(02-03-2017, 02:00 AM)The Count Wrote:
(02-03-2017, 01:52 AM)locolobo Wrote:
(02-03-2017, 01:13 AM)The Count Wrote: Didn't Fenn say something like he didn't count the clues till after he was done with the poem and there were 9? Wheres a quote master when I need one....

Yes, and no.....yes on he didn't count till done, and no on "saying" how many!! Smile
Forrest, Did you intend for there to be 9 clues, or did it work out to be just right with 9? ~ halo

Nice thinking halo, I didn’t count the clues until the poem had been finalized. Although I changed it a few times over the months I think the number stayed about the same.f

Halogetter tried to get him to commit, but no dice!! Smile

"number stayed about the same"??.....maybe just 9?.....mebbe more?
Thanks quote master! I think I'll just reply to everyone of your post because I know in a day or 2 it might be gone Wink

My thought is there might be 9 main clues with other stand-alone words that point back and confirm the main clues. Such as "alone" confirming clue 8 or w/e. I never worried about counting them though, I think it can be a barrier in your mind that can hinder your progress. "I have 9 solid clues, I'll stop looking for more now, time to shell out $1000 and put BOTG."
02-03-2017, 10:22 AM,
"I could have written the poem before I hid the chest, but I didn't."

The simplest understanding of this is had by inserting "down" before "before" - it was only in his mind.

An alternative reading is that the poem wasn't complete when he hid the chest, but the clues to that point got you to the general vicinity. Then he worked on the last few clues or tweaked the earlier ones to fit the precise location sufficiently.

Or, more likely, something completely different! p

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SB233 and the book that was never written. crazyfamily 0 444 11-16-2019, 12:04 AM
Last Post: crazyfamily
  If there is nothing worse than facts written wrong... crazyfamily 5 2,103 07-17-2018, 05:53 AM
Last Post: Mindy
  Forrest writes a Beatles Tune written to the 9 Clues ( Something easier like say "Strawberry Fields Forever" vs WWWH ) ? SantaFe 6 3,266 04-11-2016, 10:22 PM
Last Post: E.C. Waters