Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Photoshop or altering photos .... Ff settles the debate
02-24-2017, 02:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-24-2017, 02:33 PM by Hammertime.)
RE: Photoshop or altering photos .... Ff settles the debate
(02-24-2017, 02:22 PM)Seeker9 Wrote: Didn't Forrest "alter" a photo in one of the scrapbooks and super impose Ben Afflecks face over his own?
Brad Pitt
But he doesn't know how to Photoshop. He just playing with the sheep

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

02-24-2017, 02:40 PM,
what about the floating hat,100 percent photoshopped
******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
02-24-2017, 02:53 PM,
I read the recent post on MW and this thread with interest, and I have come to a conclusion: there are no hints, clues, or confirmations in the pictures in TTOTC, unless there are.
02-24-2017, 02:54 PM,
(02-24-2017, 02:50 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: I remember Forrest saying that Dal photoshopped those.

its hard to determine if fenn is embellishing stuff like that or not,but seems to me i heard that to
******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
02-24-2017, 04:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-24-2017, 04:28 PM by TheTrueNorth.)
@ locolobo

I will second that emotion!

(02-24-2017, 11:43 AM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(02-24-2017, 09:17 AM)pidmt Wrote:
(02-24-2017, 09:11 AM)5GIRLS Wrote: And nobody thinks he left out CANADA on purpose to fennangle all us?

i do,but imo he did it for a reason that i can not discuss

Too much focus on a Canadian nickel?

Yes, I've really been wondering about the "Canadian Connection", maybe its because I am one. But I did notice that when Forrest flew out of Newfoundland, on his flight where his thumb covered Philadelphia, he spelled the name of the Canadian city that he flew out of, incorrectly. He wrote "Stevenville", whereas the correct spelling is "Stephenville".

And don't you think a beaver looks a lot like a porcupine?

Course there's the International Peace Park aspect to consider.
02-24-2017, 04:55 PM,
(02-24-2017, 04:21 PM)TheTrueNorth Wrote: @ locolobo

(02-24-2017, 09:11 AM)5GIRLS Wrote: And nobody thinks he left out CANADA on purpose to fennangle all us?

Yes, I've really been wondering about the "Canadian Connection", maybe its because I am one. But I did notice that when Forrest flew out of Newfoundland, on his flight where his thumb covered Philadelphia, he spelled the name of the Canadian city that he flew out of, incorrectly. He wrote "Stevenville", whereas the correct spelling is "Stephenville".

All good thinking TN but he spelled Stephenville correctly in the book, or at least my copy he did.
02-24-2017, 05:38 PM,
(02-24-2017, 04:55 PM)The Wolf Wrote:
(02-24-2017, 04:21 PM)TheTrueNorth Wrote: @ locolobo

All good thinking TN but he spelled Stephenville correctly in the book, or at least my copy he did.

Hmmmm....I could have sworn I saw it written differently on an on-line version of his story...I'll have to back and check on that. Thanks Wolf!
03-08-2017, 11:15 AM,
(02-22-2017, 09:03 PM)Kpro Wrote: http://mysteriouswritings.com/featured-q...ent-157416

This is awesome, puts the debate to rest.

Kpro

Email: kpro3@aol.con
Interesting sites:

Barry Bonds said he never used steroids. I guess we can go ahead and put that debate to rest and put him in the Hall of Fame.

Pictures don't matter to me as much as words though and Forrest starts the book by saying he's not obligated to tell the truth in his stories. So the REAL debate is which stories are false, which are exaggerated, etc. I've always had a theory that Fenn waited as long as he did so he can out live those that will contradict some of his stories. I'm pretty sure the waterfall story is not true. I was in the military and there is absolutely no way Fenn could of pulled that off in war time, in a foreign country, in a military owned aircraft.

If you put yourself in his shoes. You are 80+ years old. You've outlived everyone you know and you are writing your autobiography. Why wouldn't you just make up stories?? No body could prove you otherwise. Remeber Fenn's favorite quote is two can keep a secret if one of them is dead. I wonder how many are rolling in their grave due to Fenn's stories.
03-08-2017, 12:37 PM,
(03-08-2017, 11:27 AM)Kpro Wrote:
(03-08-2017, 11:15 AM)ryanrich Wrote:
(02-22-2017, 09:03 PM)Kpro Wrote: http://mysteriouswritings.com/featured-q...ent-157416

This is awesome, puts the debate to rest.

Kpro

Interesting sites:

Barry Bonds said he never used steroids. I guess we can go ahead and put that debate to rest and put him in the Hall of Fame.

Pictures don't matter to me as much as words though and Forrest starts the book by saying he's not obligated to tell the truth in his stories. So the REAL debate is which stories are false, which are exaggerated, etc. I've always had a theory that Fenn waited as long as he did so he can out live those that will contradict some of his stories. I'm pretty sure the waterfall story is not true. I was in the military and there is absolutely no way Fenn could of pulled that off in war time, in a foreign country, in a military owned aircraft.

If you put yourself in his shoes. You are 80+ years old. You've outlived everyone you know and you are writing your autobiography. Why wouldn't you just make up stories?? No body could prove you otherwise. Remeber Fenn's favorite quote is two can keep a secret if one of them is dead. I wonder how many are rolling in their grave due to Fenn's stories.

You make a good point but I make a distinction in my mind between (1) embellishing a story, and (2) chase related statements. He said to rule out some states, I believe him. He said he didn't photoshop, I believe him. He said it is not in a structure, I believe him. He said he hid a TC, I believe him.

There are many stories he shares that I think are embellished. Did he actually walk that far? I would think, is that even possible as I read one story? Nope he didn't, imo, but a good story and doesn't make much difference in the chase. I could name many stories which I dont believe every single factoid and yes he embellishes.

Kpro

Interesting sites:

kpro ,fenn could have had someone else do the photoshop part before printing, so that would make his statement true,but someone did, those who are trained to photoshop ,or if they know about printing
can see the signs in ttotc of it have been done,
03-08-2017, 01:31 PM,
(03-08-2017, 11:27 AM)Kpro Wrote: Did he actually walk that far? I would think, is that even possible as I read one story? Nope he didn't.

'I have fond memories of Bozeman. One time a friend and I walked from West Yellowstone to Bozeman, 91 miles. It was maybe the best trip I ever made.' ff

So you don't believe two healthy teen-age boys couldn't walk 91 miles in a week or so, fishing, camping, having a helluva good time the whole way?
Ha, that's exactly the kind of thing these independent kids would do, 1) to just enjoy doing it, and 2) to brag about it afterwards. It's what separates the boys from the girls.

How about the giant ball of string story where the ball was so big it wouldn't fit through his bedroom door? It disappeared one day and no one ever explained it to him. Now that's the one that stretches credulity. If you believe that one then you've got your shoes on backwards. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  For Christmas, he asked for nude photos Brakinbad 47 5,417 09-22-2020, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  Description of chest in new photos admin 4 1,475 08-04-2020, 06:02 PM
Last Post: æ___
  Fennboree 2019 Photos tyounis 1 1,097 07-07-2019, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  Info on when "Doty photos" of the chest were taken ? treasure of truth 1 1,076 12-21-2018, 11:06 PM
Last Post: treasure of truth
  The Cipher debate Bet 424 382,386 03-01-2018, 05:15 PM
Last Post: easternOHsteve
  Photos from the Fenn Money Bag Raffle tyounis 2 1,252 02-27-2017, 07:11 PM
Last Post: boomergirl