Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anybody know they have the first clue solved?
12-16-2013, 08:59 PM,
Forrest I know you are getting anxious. I am taking off tomorrow. I got a new pair of boots that I am real excited about. There's no county road maintenance but that never stopped anyone. Sleeping bag is in the truck and it's four wheel. I know I've been making it too hard but you don't have to share my work. There'll be landslide and talus deposits and alluvium pleistocene gravel locally. Nobody wants to get hit in the head with a sack of those rocks. Other folks worked hard they're tired too. They ought to be able to go in peace. Quit being so dang pushy. I am going to put side by side pictures on here of my old boots and my new ones. So you can see. This week everybody's buying lottery tickets instead of searching anyway. You can shoot me down I still won't quit. I learned that someplace.
12-16-2013, 09:27 PM,
It depends upon what you mean by "know." People can know the solution to the first clue, yet not know they know it. Conversely a bloody hell of a lot of people have claimed they know the solution to the clues, but oddly enough they have not found the treasure.
12-16-2013, 09:32 PM,
As for certainty, it is my belief that I know within 13 miles where the hidden treasure chest is; I have no certainty that is true, but I have a fair level of confidence that it is true. Given a week off from work, I would go to the area where I think the treasure is and pick it up. :-)
12-16-2013, 10:21 PM,
I have been 100% certain I have found the first and second clue at least a dozen times, ha. Perhaps I was correct and just walked on past the blaze.
12-16-2013, 11:14 PM,
I think I know the first clue. But I'm not tellin'. Wink
12-16-2013, 11:34 PM,
Probably lots of people think they know all nine clues. Most can't find out for sure until the Spring.

I think a person's certainty would depend on what method was used for the solution. If a cipher key was found and used and the poem turns into prose that reads like cook book, then probably that person should feel pretty confident. But if a person finds a hot spring near a canyon where some dude named Brown lives, and goes by that alone... then probably the confidence level should be less.
12-16-2013, 11:43 PM,
I'm 99% certain that I do not have the first clue solved.
12-16-2013, 11:59 PM,
@ Thrillchaser...maybe that 1% is all you need. You never know.
12-17-2013, 04:40 AM,
What a loaded question. LOL

I will go with, the magic 8 Ball says....maybe.
Shhh they aren't listening.
12-17-2013, 07:21 AM,
@dreamcatcher, When the chest is found, the clues may or may not appear to fit the location. Everything is a matter of perception, and our sense of perception is as individual as our fingerprints. What Mr. Fenn sees as useful clues, may not click for anyone else. Remember that he said the finder will think just like him. And if they don't, then chances are they won't get the clues.