Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not On Tailwaters
04-25-2017, 11:18 PM,
Not On Tailwaters
I know this has been posted some places previously and I've posted it myself about a year ago on HoD but I haven't seen it discussed much. Maybe it's considered "dangerous" but I believe we are entering the phase of the chase where it's time to throw caution to the wind.

http://imgur.com/a/mfjjH

is an image of the poem aligned to a grid without space or punctuation. Column 11 down clearly reads "NOT ON TAILWATERS" wrapping from the last line back to the top.

Yes, I realize that I used "the answer I already know..." version vs "the answerS I already know..."

I would note that Fenn said "Where Warm Waters Halt is not related to any dam" about the time that the answer/answers issue came up. So basically, not giving away anything. Leveling the playing field if you will.

To be clear, from Wikipedia - "Tailwater refers to waters located immediately downstream from a hydraulic structure, such as a dam (excluding minimum release such as for fish water), bridge or culvert"

I would consider this to be a "HINT" and not a "CLUE" but also think that this can not be 'random' or 'confirmation bias'.

Have others found similar 'hints' contained in the poem? Care to discuss?

Do you agree this is a hint or think it's just random? Again, happy to discuss publicly or privately.

-S
04-25-2017, 11:34 PM,
RE: Not On Tailwaters
Any solve is a good solve till we get some kind of confirmation.... I have been thinking a lot about Fenn's purpose in all of this.... codes and ciphers don't seem to benefit FF in any way, it leaves no legacy. Neither does 20 ft. deep. Nor hidden in a way that it's never found.
Human nature, it was meant to be found, and it will likely be some kind of story espectacular

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Ω  200 ft. Club  Ω
04-25-2017, 11:40 PM,
Totally agree. Think this is just a "HINT" and not the path to a "SOLVE". Maybe a remnant from an earlier version of the poem. It was 'tweaked' for 15 years. There are others. And by stating "WWWH is not related to any dam" while NOT exactly the same message ... basically throws this away.

I'm curious about other 'hints' that anyone would be willing to share. Like they say, you show me yours.. I'll show you mine. No, it's not in a mine, either, or a well for that matter.... I checked.
04-25-2017, 11:42 PM,
My solve is at fenntreasure.com

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Ω  200 ft. Club  Ω
04-25-2017, 11:53 PM,
I remember reading it when you first posted it. I love it. I personally think you took one wrong turn... and missed 2 or 3 key hints in the book.
04-25-2017, 11:57 PM,
(04-25-2017, 11:53 PM)Stealth Wrote: I remember reading it when you first posted it. I love it. I personally think you took one wrong turn... and missed 2 or 3 key hints in the book.
Maybe so..
But should I ignore the 800' salamander and floating hat?.. fantastic grave mound in the middle..
Ω  200 ft. Club  Ω
04-26-2017, 12:02 AM,
(04-25-2017, 11:34 PM)decall Wrote: Any solve is a good solve till we get some kind of confirmation

really
04-26-2017, 06:40 AM,
(04-25-2017, 11:57 PM)decall Wrote:
(04-25-2017, 11:53 PM)Stealth Wrote: I remember reading it when you first posted it. I love it. I personally think you took one wrong turn... and missed 2 or 3 key hints in the book.
Maybe so..
But should I ignore the 800' salamander and floating hat?.. fantastic grave mound in the middle..

I read your solve and thought it was pretty good. Have you able to search it yet?
04-26-2017, 03:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-26-2017, 03:06 PM by Rich.)
(04-25-2017, 11:18 PM)Stealth Wrote: I would consider this to be a "HINT" and not a "CLUE" but also think that this can not be 'random' or 'confirmation bias'.

Have others found similar 'hints' contained in the poem? Care to discuss?

Do you agree this is a hint or think it's just random? Again, happy to discuss publicly or privately.

-S

I don't think it is confirmation bias. It could well be random though. If you found a half dozen more such things, then it would clearly mean something, but I don't think those things are there. We're all aware that other similar ideas have been considered in which people read the poem vertically and slid various lines around. Those all required random rules to be applied in order to determine which lines to move and which to ignore, etc in order to get anything intelligible out. The rule makers then retroactively rationalized their choices. At least I thought this is what they did because their justifications never made any sense to me. In any event I never took those other efforts as worthy of consideration. I like this one much better as you made just three choices: (i)no punctuation and (ii) "answer" over "answers" (iii)tailwaters was wrapped. Your result does depend on those choices though. Change the choices and you lose it. The bottom line is that if this had gone anywhere it's unlikely you'd be posting it on the chase chat. If you wanted to test how likely it would be to find 3 words in the same column in a horizontal poem it wouldn't be that hard. Enter a bunch of poems into spread sheets and then look to see how often you get a ten letter contiguous word.

(04-26-2017, 12:02 AM)Chris Yates Wrote: really

not really

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  tailwaters Chris Yates 24 3,170 09-05-2019, 11:09 PM
Last Post: Chris Yates