Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Fenn Will Know Its Been Found?
12-17-2013, 10:51 PM,
Hi gang.

I've been following the Fenn Treasure for a while now, reading forum posts, watching videos, etc.

One thing that has intrigued me is that Fenn has never wavered from his "I'll know when the chest has been found" stance. People keep asking him over and over (probably on a daily basis) if its been found, and he's always confident when he says "no".

So, why is he so confident that he'll know when the chest has been found?

Does anyone think old Forrest put a GPS beacon into the chest, letting him instantly know if its been moved? How much would such a device weigh?

My own belief on the subject is this: Forrest clearly stated that among the items in the chest is a 20,000 word autobiography. It wouldn't be too much of a stretch for him to include a phone number across the top of that document saying "call this number if you're reading this", nor would it be beyond him to have a dedicated phone line to, say, his house for this specific purpose.

That's just my two cents. What say you all?

-- Hal
12-18-2013, 12:53 AM,
Hello HALLO, I'll take a punt at that..

I think the person who finds the treasure will be somebody who put months or years of effort into it. It's hard to imagine somebody finding an answer to a great riddle and not wanting to share the experience with the patron.

If somebody finds the treasure by accident, maybe it would stay a secret. But Mr. Fenn says nobody will chance upon it. I don't know if you've been out to look yet, but when you get out there you realize just how easy it is to hide something. Being off by five feet could easily mean not finding it.
12-18-2013, 05:13 AM,
could be someone found note to re-hide something..I can't wait to get back out. Since I always have my own ideas and hard to convince otherwise, my solves are my own, but when I read the blogs, and Forrest's comments, it's like people are reading my mind.

12-18-2013, 04:29 PM,
I always thought he had a devise to keep watch of the chest to see if it was moved or the chest would be empty with a note to contact him

for the contents. I have found this on amazon that has email capability and cell phone connection http://www.amazon.com/LTL-Acorn-Wireless...s_indust_2
12-18-2013, 05:00 PM,
This one fits better cause its solar power and never has to change batteries http://www.amazon.com/5210MM-Trail-Hunti...ail+camera
12-18-2013, 05:30 PM,
This isn’t the first time this same question has come up on this forum.

I’ve said it before,

I’ll say it once more

There is a note tied to the bracelet. In the note he offers to meet in private and purchase the bracelet for $2,000,000 cash under the table. The note also contains a phone number (that only Forrest knows) to a throw away cell phone so you can contact him directly. Forrest also promises in the note that the entire transaction will be kept on the sly.

He really only needs the bracelet back to prove the chest has been found. The 2 million is the incentive.

I can’t think of anyone who wouldn’t jump at that deal!

So I will answer the question with a question. If you found the chest, and there was a note with a 2 million dollar offer for the return of the bracelet, would you keep the bracelet and the chest a secret? Or would you take the briefcase with the 2 mil in exchange for the bracelet?

12-18-2013, 05:39 PM,
I think someone will read the poem. Find the tear. Learn of Temescal Gateway Park. Learn of Brown at the top of the Mountain, then follow it down to the waterfalls (while following the poem and doing so). Then learn of the sentence from the visual of the poodle. Then see how the poodle changes into another 'thing and then into a final special bracelet, but NOT the one in the chest. I believe the path from A. to B. (from what I just mentioned) will end with a person going to His location and handing Him the bracelet that is associated with the discovery in the poem. Then He will hand over his chest.

~my opinion- <i><b>he still has his chest</b></i>.
12-19-2013, 08:51 AM,
At the end of the day these are all guess cause the only one that knows the facts is Forrest
12-19-2013, 11:40 AM,
I Highly doubt there is a note inside the chest saying... I have your treasure and/or the chest. If that was even remotely true, I'd toss the search and start a different one. If FF means what he said he doesn't care about the treasure not being found for Hundreds of years, then why would there be a note at all?
12-19-2013, 12:16 PM,
The note is there so Forrest will know if the chest has been found. It is there only for him... (or his designee). Obviously, once Forrest leaves us, he will not care if the chest has been found (EDIT ADDSmile and the note will be a moot point. Yes, this is all conjecture but a very viable way for Forrest to know if it has been found and keep the method private to him and the finder... just sayin'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I Found Fenn’s treasure!!! Really Mongo 5 1,474 03-27-2019, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Mongo
  Forrest fenn will not know when is TC is found. mikemarcum878 0 940 07-18-2018, 06:05 PM
Last Post: mikemarcum878
  Do you think Fenn wants the chest to be found soon? GoneAlone 16 9,405 06-22-2017, 09:31 AM
Last Post: illinoisghost
  Would you notify Fenn immediately if you found the chest? GoneAlone 24 14,292 07-26-2016, 10:34 AM
Last Post: Indy
  If Fenn should pass away before the chest is found... GoneAlone 11 6,027 07-12-2016, 11:52 AM
Last Post: djjmciv