Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Correct Solve" (New Periodic Words)
06-03-2017, 08:06 AM,
RE: "Correct Solve" (New Periodic Words)
(06-03-2017, 07:36 AM)astree Wrote: This is nothing new, is it? There have been threads devoted to the armchair vs boots-on-ground; various quotes by Forrest's quotes have been used by the armchair solve group. I am in that group.

*go with confidence
*walk right up to it
*lead precisely to the treasure
*etc

His poem is a work of precision. It should get one within fractions of a meter.

He may be sneaking additional information into this first "periodic words"

Astree

I think that confidence is subjective, and the ability to walk right up to it does not necessarily indicate precision. I'm also not aware of where Forrest has said that the clues will lead precisely to the treasure - he wrote that the poem contains "nine clues that if followed precisely, will lead to the end of my rainbow and the treasure." There's a subtle difference.

However.... if we can interpret Forrest's rather garbled response to Jon Lackman, it's pretty clear that all of the clues can be solved from home in theory.

Forrest's first Periodic Words appear to reinforce this - taken literally, he expects that the clues will get us to within a few steps of the treasure, and it's reasonable to assume that he means footsteps - otherwise he could have just used the word "clues".

Now... does this mean that Forrest's clues lead us precisely to a spot within a fraction of a meter before we travel? Not necessarily. If I tell you to go to a meadow and look for the blue-painted man waiting for you, you don't need to know his precise location beforehand. If you get to that field, you will see the man Smile

Archer
06-04-2017, 12:22 PM,
coin a new phrase... Never underestimate the value of a quarter(or something like that?)
The right blaze..
06-05-2017, 03:12 PM,
"Within several steps" - referrng to "stairs/stares", which is marvel gaze? To co8in ir bukk wiuth a General on it,,, So maybe a penny/Lincoln who was a General... Thus look for a place named after said General, whoever he is..Or is hidden under some stairs or is hnting that we all are staring right at the correct solve/right under our noses/within plain sight, etc... ???
06-06-2017, 12:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-06-2017, 12:33 AM by Milan.)
The important words in Fenn's comment are "knowingly go".

He uses these words to distinguish from "unknowingly go", which means someone (me) has unknowingly been within several steps of the chest, imo. Too bad I can't use this information to narrow things down in a practical manner. Maybe next year, if my wife allows...

Edit: therefore, I'm part of the "several steps" club, which is better than the "200 feet" club.

Milan
06-06-2017, 12:56 AM,
(06-03-2017, 02:26 AM)Andrew Jef Wrote:
(06-02-2017, 08:48 AM)decall Wrote: http://mysteriouswritings.com/periodic-w...sure-hunt/

* Let’s coin a new phrase. You can’t have a “correct solve” unless you can knowingly go to within several steps of the treasure chest. Otherwise you have a “general solve.” What do you think? f (posted June 2nd, 2017)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

FF has encouraged us to look up the meaning of the word "several".

His latest words contain a "teaser" or hint that tends to confirm
an already good (or better than merely good) solve that was partly based
on some BOTG hiking. He may be eager for someone to find the TC --
while FF is still alive. All IMO.

#AJ

I finally got what he is talking about.....I just had to keep going over and over it. But, if finally popped into my little Mexican head. Smile
06-06-2017, 01:21 AM,
Speaking oif military rank, page 76, "My War For Me", ..."When the Vietnam War came along, I found myself a fighter pilot major in the Air Force."
This came out of Google search : To be commissioned as an officer, a minimum of a bachelor's degree is required. This is becoming an officer in the Air Force. And notice FF did not use caps on the FPM, so what does this mean?
06-06-2017, 09:59 AM,
(06-06-2017, 01:21 AM)5GIRLS Wrote: Speaking oif military rank, page 76, "My War For Me", ..."When the Vietnam War came along, I found myself a fighter pilot major in the Air Force."
This came out of Google search : To be commissioned as an officer, a minimum of a bachelor's degree is required. This is becoming an officer in the Air Force. And notice FF did not use caps on the FPM, so what does this mean?

Means nothing really 5G's...Reread page 73, TTOTC to see how he became a pilot. During the Korean conflict, pilots were sorely needed so enlisted men could become pilots and officers through schooling if they qualified for the training. What Google shows are 'modern' requirements for becoming an officer.

I don't know if the opportunity exists today, but in the '70s an enlisted man still had the opportunity to become an officer. Any young enlisted man could qualify for and attend a 1 year prep school for acceptance to the USAF Academy. It was a bypass method to earn a degree and become an officer without a special recommendation or appointment to the academy.

Oh, and military rankings are seldom capitalized unless attached to a name. Rank becomes a 'title' then. Such as; "Forrest Fenn was a pilot and a major in the USAF." OR "Major Forrest Fenn was a pilot in the USAF." Either is correct.
06-06-2017, 10:25 AM,
(06-06-2017, 09:59 AM)timebandit Wrote:
(06-06-2017, 01:21 AM)5GIRLS Wrote: Speaking oif military rank, page 76, "My War For Me", ..."When the Vietnam War came along, I found myself a fighter pilot major in the Air Force."

Means nothing really 5G's...Reread page 73, TTOTC to see how he became a pilot. During the Korean conflict, pilots were sorely needed so enlisted men could become pilots and officers through schooling if they qualified for the training. What Google shows are 'modern' requirements for becoming an officer.

I don't know if the opportunity exists today, but in the '70s an enlisted man still had the opportunity to become an officer. Any young enlisted man could qualify for and attend a 1 year prep school for acceptance to the USAF Academy. It was a bypass method to earn a degree and become an officer without a special recommendation or appointment to the academy.

Oh, and military rankings are seldom capitalized unless attached to a name. Rank becomes a 'title' then. Such as; "Forrest Fenn was a pilot and a major in the USAF." OR "Major Forrest Fenn was a pilot in the USAF." Either is correct.

Also consider, he retired in 1970....the 'rules' were likely very different in 1950 when he joined and throughout the years he served.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Confirming The Correct Forrest Fenn Where Warm Waters Halt (W.W.W.H.) Essay - $25 minotaur_moreno 28 3,593 06-16-2019, 08:34 PM
Last Post: minotaur_moreno
  Confirming The Correct Forrest Fenn Where Warm Waters Halt Essay minotaur_moreno 10 2,223 05-27-2019, 11:44 PM
Last Post: realistrealist
  faith the foundation of the correct solve paulb 14 3,452 08-21-2018, 09:48 PM
Last Post: Shark
  Periodic Table knighterrant 12 3,596 02-28-2018, 10:51 PM
Last Post: fundamental design
  Periodic Words decall 26 13,610 07-09-2017, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Kpro
  The correct solve camstah 15 8,205 06-29-2017, 11:42 AM
Last Post: decall