Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Are The Nine Clues?
06-19-2013, 12:23 PM,
What Are The Nine Clues?
You may be right, hence, my interpretation.
06-19-2013, 03:23 PM,
What Are The Nine Clues?
At one point I thought that the nine clues might be nine letters that spelled out a very specific location. Once found, the remainder of the poem could be used almost literally and the pieces would fall into place visually as one frolicked about merrily checking off bits of the poem until you magically came to uncover the treasure. I went on several outings in my best frolicking garb only to realize that there was more to it. Now I think that every part of the poem is a clue. But which parts are what part of what clue...?
06-21-2013, 09:24 PM,
What Are The Nine Clues?
Definetly no limit stated other than a minimum of nine. My problem is that I can't identify with certainty even one exact clue within the poem let alone solve it with clarity or follow precisely.
06-22-2013, 03:36 PM,
What Are The Nine Clues?

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Yasstaru on June 19, 2013, 8:49 am</b>

This has been my interpretation of the nine clues:

1-Begin it where warm waters halt

2-Take it in the canyon down

3-not far, but too far to walk

4-put in below the home of Brown

5-from there it's no place for the meek

6-the end is ever drawing nigh

7-there'll be no paddle up your creek

8-just heavy loads and water high

9-if you've been wise and found the blaze

Not sure if I'm right, but I am leaning towards the consecutive 9 lines in the poem.
</div>
that is the nine clues exactly how i used then and yes it led me to a spot....yes yes yes i know im right now...i have an answer for all 9 and they match markings on map
06-22-2013, 03:40 PM,
What Are The Nine Clues?
they are all clues steve33gar@gmail.com......I KNOW WHERE IT IS....
06-23-2013, 03:25 PM,
What Are The Nine Clues?
You guys are getting too hung up on "nine". He could have said 1 clue; the the poem. There's nine sentences, so he said nine clues. Some of the clues have sub-parts. Everything is important but some things are more important because there's more juice in some lines than others.
06-23-2013, 10:56 PM,
What Are The Nine Clues?
Stephanie - I don't want you to give up actual searching. Why would you? VGBoss claims to have solved the poem at 110% & has supposedly headed out today to obtain it. I think he's full of crap, but ... he's positive about his solution. I like what Goofy says. He has my vote. I still do not have a probable home of Brown. What are others stuck on?
06-24-2013, 09:48 AM,
What Are The Nine Clues?
Steve, When are you going to get it?
06-24-2013, 02:15 PM,
What Are The Nine Clues?
Becky- I am so totally stuck on everything at this point! Each and every one of us thought we had it solved when we went out, or we wouldn't have gone. I did, and I was wrong or blind, not sure which. I had to laugh when I saw how well one spot had been searched, there weren't even any spider webs left under the rocks. One spot I did not get to search as well as I would have liked would really have been exactly on the heels of Stephanie's so I am sure I could not have found what she did not. Therein lies my quandary. How can this many of us be so wrong? What is missing? I am now just going to read the book again and the poem again and again and see if there is some small fact in there that thousands have missed. In the mean time lots of smiles and good luck!
06-24-2013, 03:00 PM,
What Are The Nine Clues?
Sue - That poem is burned into my brain like a song that plays over & over. I truly hate it. I am still convinced that the treasure chest is in a more civilized location. My thinking refuses to go up mountains, down canyons, across creeks, & in the woods. FF said that we will be surprised by where it is hidden. I like to keep up with what everyone else is doing, but actually it is distracting. Their ideas always seem to make more sense than mine - until they come back empty-handed. I have no intentions of going west again ever. Not fun for me. I don't want any part of heavy loads & being cold & brave. I will not be the one to retrieve the chest, but I can try to solve the poem from WV. I probably have 3 chances of doing that - fat, slim, & none ... but "experienced treasure hunter" looks awfully good on my resume.