Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Are The Nine Clues?
06-24-2013, 03:51 PM,
What Are The Nine Clues?

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
Beckie from WV - I am still convinced that the treasure chest is in a more civilized location. My thinking refuses to go up mountains, down canyons, across creeks, & in the woods. FF said that we will be surprised by where it is hidden.
</div>

Wow - that is a very huge assumption. I often wonder where people are going wrong as well - I have concluded that they have most likely made inappropriate assumptions which is real easy to do because of the vagueness of the poem. One needs to be in the mind of Fenn to succeed!

The Wolf
06-25-2013, 05:20 PM,
What Are The Nine Clues?
I believe the most definitive clue lies in line 2 of stanza 2. "Take it in the canyon down". Note that I believe there are multiple clues within the main clue.

1. Take your journey from here after you started at wwwh.

2. In the canyon implies that this begins in the canyon, not well above it as many people are interpreting it. Whether your wwwh is a hot spring or a dam or other (which I don't want to elaborate on my solution), you must be in the canyon to begin with. The poem does not say, take it down the canyon----creating an entirely different starting point. Again, take it IN the canyon down.

3. Down in this case is in my mind a geographic direction or whichever the river or lake or stream or creek is flowing after leaving halting warm waters.

That's it for now. Except for......

I am new to this web site as I was relatively active lurker and sometimes poster on Dal's other site. I have been completely engrossed in this chase for a couple of years now and have learned a lot on here and a lot more from research. I hope to post pictures and solution of our next trip in the very near future. But most of all I hope I have a gleaming picture for all to see.
06-25-2013, 06:22 PM,
What Are The Nine Clues?
Say more please......all interpretations of what the clues are are invited. Nobody knows what the nine clues are until it is found. All the clues are written before our eyes so nobody's interpretation will ever dictate the absolute until the final solution is disclosed by recovery of the trove.
06-25-2013, 06:34 PM,
What Are The Nine Clues?

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Becky from WV on June 23, 2013, 11:56 pm</b>

Stephanie - I don't want you to give up actual searching. Why would you? VGBoss claims to have solved the poem at 110% & has supposedly headed out today to obtain it. I think he's full of crap, but ... he's positive about his solution. I like what Goofy says. He has my vote. I still do not have a probable home of Brown. What are others stuck on?
</div>

Look quickly down, your quest to cease. What does this mean? Bottom of blaze, bottom of canyon below blaze, in a cave, under scored tree, under ff, south on the map, directly under the phoenix, below the Zia? I guess I'll know when he/she finds it.