Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The game may change says Fenn
06-21-2017, 06:31 PM,
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/06/21/us...ml?referer=

“I am thinking of ways to make the search for my treasure safer, and expect to make an announcement in the next few days,” he said.
Ω  200 ft. Club  Ω
06-21-2017, 06:35 PM,
RE: The game may change says Fenn
Ruh Roh ...
06-21-2017, 06:56 PM,
Mr. F, what more can u do? Narrow down the elevation to exclude the Rio Grande? Take it out as a point by changing the elevation? ? It wont stop someone from falling off a cliff, being attacked by a bear, snake, or mountain lion. I don't know what more than "IT'S NOT IN A DANGEROUS PLACE", u can say. Take the kids. Would u put your kids in the Rio Grande? I sure hope not. Be prepared for the elements, climate, surroundings. "TAKE SOMEONE WITH YOU."Don't go where an 80 year old man carrying a 22 lb. load cant go. What language do people want you to use? You've been saying these things from the beginning. I may not be the sharpest tool in the box, but I get this, and so do the many thousands of other searchers who have had NO PROBLEMS.
06-21-2017, 08:37 PM,
(06-21-2017, 08:23 PM)admin Wrote: 3 searchers apparently drowned because of water. He should say you would never need to cross more then 2 feet of water. People will always try and twist his words thinking he didn't really mean it that way or he's trying to trick us etc. There's no stopping those who will do that.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

I think the problem is that he said in the NM video that it is wet. If he clarifies that, it would make a great deal of difference IMO. Otherwise they will pick it apart just as you say.

Kpro

Email: kpro3@aol.com
06-21-2017, 08:51 PM,
(06-21-2017, 08:38 PM)fallingrock Wrote: It can be wet and not be in moving water.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

It can be wet and not be in ANY water.
06-21-2017, 08:55 PM,
Possible issues: You may have to cross moving water, thus making this problem a lot more difficult for him to mitigate. Furthermore the depth and rapidity of the water may vary with time adding even more difficulty.
06-21-2017, 09:06 PM,
Water is a theme. It's in the poem. Fenn is wearing waders on the cover and his dad also, in the stumps illustration. "FEN" means marsh or swamp or bog. I honestly believe "forest" and "fen" are hints.
Imo, "saline door" and dragonfly on the square pottery under the floor tells me the box is under water.
Worth the cold
Look quickly down
shadow across water
strong hints at water
Buried perhaps like baptism
etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Ω  200 ft. Club  Ω
06-21-2017, 09:30 PM,
How about if Forrest just came out and said - Wading a river is not necessary to reach the hidey spot!...

Problem solved!...

If you think you must cross a river, then use a freakin' bridge like normal people!...

Don't go where a 79-80 year old man can't go carrying a 42 pound box!...If your spot means you have to wade across a river, YOU'RE SPOT IS WRONG!!!

Believe it or not, there is NO WATER anywhere near the chest's location...

And I know you won't believe me, because most everyone thinks those are just simple words in the poem and can't wrap their head around other possibilities...

Forrest knows words and he knows people...He said exactly what was needed to make people look for the wrong things...The poem has performed its function admirably!...

P.T. Barnum was right!
06-21-2017, 10:30 PM,
(06-21-2017, 09:30 PM)timebandit Wrote: Don't go where a 79-80 year old man can't go carrying a 42 pound box!...

He made two trips, so likely half that weight was carried at a time. And probably in a backpack, I'd venture to guess.
06-21-2017, 10:36 PM,
He's kind of damned if he does, damned if he doesn't at this point regarding moving water. He needs to take it off the table somehow. If he doesn't, people are going to assume that moving water is in play and maybe even necessary. A cliff is common sense to me, but people seem to keep ignoring all of the warnings for moving water.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  the secret game Chris Yates 9 1,419 07-20-2019, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Chris Yates
  A little change Mindy 0 483 10-30-2018, 05:08 AM
Last Post: Mindy
  If True, Sacha's Latest Quotes Change the Game... minotaur_moreno 33 6,645 10-20-2018, 04:50 PM
Last Post: Chris Yates
  Did something change? John Brown 41 17,040 06-02-2018, 12:13 AM
Last Post: heyoka
  Why did he change the name? decall 10 3,851 09-16-2017, 04:20 AM
Last Post: whatiff
  The waiting game CasualHunter 22 6,024 02-12-2017, 07:52 PM
Last Post: imsunbuddynow