Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the Poem a test for the one who is wise?
12-30-2013, 09:25 AM,
My "solution" suggests he might've found something previously discovered by an earlier searcher. The only way I know to probe this idea is to go to a library somewhere on the east coast. Fenn won't answer it as long as the chest is out there. He might not know anyway.
12-30-2013, 09:32 AM,
John :::Your answer is in Virginia I think I'll have to check on that.
12-30-2013, 09:34 AM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from John Brown on December 30, 2013, 9:25 am</b>

My "solution" suggests he might've found something previously discovered by an earlier searcher. The only way I know to probe this idea is to go to a library somewhere on the east coast. Fenn won't answer it as long as the chest is out there. He might not know anyway.
</div>

That's interesting, JB. Some of my own theories run along similar lines. Not sure about the East Coast library thing though. Do you have a particular previous searcher in mind (not necessarily asking you to share the name).

mdavis19
12-30-2013, 09:44 AM,
Knowing or understanding Mr. Fenn's disdain for academia being in control of archaeology and hiding things rather than put them on display for people to enjoy...Maybe he is actually hoping for another Indiana Jones type, as himself, to carry on his legacy at San Lazaro Pueblo, and discovery of new sites and artifacts there and elsewhere, etc....someone with the spirit and mettle to continue his work?...Does this sound plausible?...Does anyone think this way?... Smile
12-30-2013, 09:48 AM,

<b>Quote from samsmith on December 30, 2013, 9:44 am</b>

Knowing or understanding Mr. Fenn's disdain for academia being in control of archaeology and hiding things rather than put them on display for people to enjoy...Maybe he is actually hoping for another Indiana Jones type, as himself, to carry on his legacy at San Lazaro Pueblo, and discovery of new sites and artifacts there and elsewhere, etc....someone with the spirit and mettle to continue his work?...Does this sound plausible?...Does anyone think this way?... Smile
</div>

So you think maybe he put the deed to San Lazaro in the chest?

mdavis19
12-30-2013, 09:49 AM,
an archeological heir...? hmmmm... has Fenn ever mentioned why he has only excaveted 1 percent of the site? d
12-30-2013, 09:56 AM,

<b>Quote from mdavis19 on December 30, 2013, 9:48 am</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from samsmith on December 30, 2013, 9:44 am</b>

</div>

So you think maybe he put the deed to San Lazaro in the chest?

mdavis19</div>
</div>

Not necessarily, however he did put a little of himself in the chest...I've seen it discussed but has Mr. Fenn ever really said what that little was?...Was really referring to the hypothesis that he may be looking for hoping for the finder to be someone "worthy" of the trove... Smile
12-30-2013, 10:11 AM,
I
12-30-2013, 10:37 AM,

<b>Quote from John Brown on December 30, 2013, 9:25 am</b>

</div>

would your thought fall in lines with 3 documents, for lack of a better term? that's all I'll ask.
12-30-2013, 11:00 AM,
Someone mentioned aberration...

Confusedomething (such as a problem or a type of behavior) that is unusual or unexpected.

I completely agree with you Woody, that some things are worth keeping and some aren't. We all just need to decide what those things are for ourselves, I guess. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Test your Chase IQ Top Secret 4 1,806 05-23-2019, 11:57 AM
Last Post: Top Secret
  The easy way to test WWWH validity Top Secret 56 10,161 02-26-2019, 10:39 AM
Last Post: mikemarcum03
  test of time John Brown 13 5,199 08-02-2018, 09:45 AM
Last Post: John Brown
  The ETA (Ending Treasure Area) Accuracy Test Iron Will 68 30,880 05-03-2017, 09:40 PM
Last Post: fundamental design