Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hear Me All and Listen Good
06-22-2017, 11:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-22-2017, 11:39 PM by Jbrewski.)
Hear Me All and Listen Good
It is your responsibility to protect yourself during the Chase.

My 10 year old daughter and I just returned from our first search. As total city slickers, we knew it would be an adjustment. Of course we didn't find the treasure. If any of you think you are just going to waltz into the Rockies and unearth the treasure that this whole community has been searching for over many years then you are foolhearty. We did however accomplish the following milestones:

1. Met locals in our search area, learned about their experiences there, and most importantly, heeded their advice on the dangers that they have encountered in that area.

2. Studied all of our search areas both historically and geologically.

3. Got a feel for what it is like to exist inside the elements of our search area.

4. Called off searching in areas when we knew that we were ill equipped to be there. Google searching and mapping an area will not prepare you fully for being immersed there.

Forrest seems to be taking a lot of flack for inspiring all of us lately and it is your fault for not preparing properly and respecting nature. I do not mean to disrespect the dead or their families but Mr. Fenn gave us a gift. He owes us nothing. In one of my search areas, I had to sign a liability waiver just to get there. I had no problem with it because we all know that we are responsible for our own actions and nature can hurt or kill you.

I did not find the treasure but I returned fully intact and with so much more knowledge and respect for nature than I had last week so guess what...my trip was a success. Ask many others and they will tell you the same thing.
06-23-2017, 01:14 AM,
RE: Hear Me All and Listen Good
Preaching to the choir , I have been saying that forever. Maybe that's because I am more near in age to Forrest than most of you good people? It's all good , as long as we get home alive and well.
Shhh they aren't listening.
06-23-2017, 05:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-29-2017, 08:35 AM by delayah.)
------
06-24-2017, 05:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-29-2017, 08:36 AM by delayah.)
------
06-26-2017, 06:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-29-2017, 08:36 AM by delayah.)
------
06-26-2017, 08:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-26-2017, 08:35 AM by John Brown.)
(06-22-2017, 11:33 PM)Jbrewski Wrote: It is your responsibility to protect yourself during the Chase.

My 10 year old daughter and I just returned from our first search. As total city slickers, we knew it would be an adjustment. Of course we didn't find the treasure. If any of you think you are just going to waltz into the Rockies and unearth the treasure that this whole community has been searching for over many years then you are foolhearty. We did however accomplish the following milestones:

1. Met locals in our search area, learned about their experiences there, and most importantly, heeded their advice on the dangers that they have encountered in that area.

2. Studied all of our search areas both historically and geologically.

3. Got a feel for what it is like to exist inside the elements of our search area.

4. Called off searching in areas when we knew that we were ill equipped to be there. Google searching and mapping an area will not prepare you fully for being immersed there.

Forrest seems to be taking a lot of flack for inspiring all of us lately and it is your fault for not preparing properly and respecting nature. I do not mean to disrespect the dead or their families but Mr. Fenn gave us a gift. He owes us nothing. In one of my search areas, I had to sign a liability waiver just to get there. I had no problem with it because we all know that we are responsible for our own actions and nature can hurt or kill you.

I did not find the treasure but I returned fully intact and with so much more knowledge and respect for nature than I had last week so guess what...my trip was a success. Ask many others and they will tell you the same thing.

Good post. Over the weekend I was reconnoitering and wanted to gain the top of this little rock ridge which involved a climb of about 600'. From the meadow below it looked brutal. Just rough as all heck. So I started probing around looking for a line that would give. My mantra was not only "don't go anywhere a 79 year old wouldn't go", but also "don't do anything a 79 year old wouldn't do". It was fun. Basically every step I took I looked for the easiest way to gain the top. I never once got whacked in the face by a branch. I never slipped on a rock. I didn't step on any loose rock. I never once swore. It was very different from my usual style of storming up. It was actually a lot more fun too!

(06-26-2017, 06:53 AM)delayah Wrote: I agree on the circularity part as it's a bit too far to walk for me... I'll try to hitch a ride. Smile
Thanks for the encouragement sir!

There's clearly a circle reference in the book and the poem. That's why "wise" is the 83rd word in the 166 word poem. That's also why he had "Great", "Bell Tolls" and "Time" in the trash. That being said, I am not convinced that one needs to traverse a circle to recover the chest.
06-26-2017, 05:50 PM,
Beef cattle in general aren't dangerous (i.e., aggressive), at least around here, but I don't know about half-wild ones on big ranges out West or the Brahma crosses. Dairy bulls are. However, they're bigger than you are and can do a lot of damage accidentally knocking you down. Oh, and watch where you walk Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Listen for Key 5GIRLS 3 639 04-03-2020, 12:30 AM
Last Post: easternOHsteve
  listen up all Chris Yates 10 2,495 10-29-2019, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Chris Yates
  Hear me all and listen good..... BackTL 30 6,531 03-10-2019, 12:25 PM
Last Post: mikemarcum03
  Change is good....more is good. Gordon Lightfoot 3 1,693 11-01-2018, 05:14 AM
Last Post: fundamental design
  Listen all and listen good. mikemarcum878 8 3,342 07-15-2018, 06:28 PM
Last Post: mikemarcum878