Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ignorance
07-30-2017, 04:29 PM,
Ignorance
Being ignorant to the dangers of nature is not a liability you can put on someone else. In my opinion there have been two involuntary suicides on this search.

If you do not know a trigger fires a gun and you put one to your head and pull, it is still a suicide; not an accidental death.

Same goes for not knowing wilderness safety and dying out there.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
07-30-2017, 04:40 PM,
RE: Ignorance
If you give someone who has never handled a gun a loaded gun with the instruction "don't be stupid" is that his fault or yours or both?
07-30-2017, 04:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-30-2017, 04:52 PM by EnigmaticThree.)
It is the recipients fault.

(07-30-2017, 04:50 PM)EnigmaticThree Wrote: It is the recipients fault.
Unless the recipient is visibly incompetent to handle a firearm or otherwise apparent to not be an appropriate handler

07-30-2017, 04:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-30-2017, 05:02 PM by The Count.)
Its stupid to hand some one a loaded gun that has no experience with it so there for the one handing the gun is the stupid one and don't take advise from stupid ones, which is why no one should listen to Debbie. What's it called oxymoron.....

Lots of what Fenn has said is safety advice but people think its clues, example : sandwich,flashlight,ect....

Another thread that merits deletion..... One star.... Or at lest move them to the therapy room....Speaking of I think Debbie needs a therapy room Wink

Someone should come up with a thread called EDUCATE YOUR SELF PEOPLE!

down with the evil twin

07-30-2017, 04:59 PM,
Ignorance
Sad this makes me sad, especially for the families involved. I disagree, and it is not because I am silly or stupid. I have respect, tact (sometimes) and enough wisdom to know what you have said is simply not the case.

Kpro

Email: kpro3@aol.com
07-30-2017, 05:23 PM,
(07-30-2017, 04:53 PM)The Count Wrote: Its stupid to hand some one a loaded gun that has no experience with it so there for the one handing the gun is the stupid one and don't take advise from stupid ones, which is why no one should listen to Debbie. What's it called oxymoron.....

Lots of what Fenn has said is safety advice but people think its clues, example : sandwich,flashlight,ect....

Another thread that merits deletion..... One star.... Or at lest move them to the therapy room....Speaking of I think Debbie needs a therapy room Wink

Someone should come up with a thread called EDUCATE YOUR SELF PEOPLE!

I would classify this comment as a personal attack against CC forum rules, wouldn't you Old Drum?

Not advocating banning or TO, but it seems like a warning is in order.
07-30-2017, 05:55 PM,
Blame is part of the 2nd stage of grief, and the relatives of those who have died (3 now) are naturally looking for a scapegoat - someone to blame other than their deceased loved one.

Most searchers - and anyone who is thinking objectively - recognize that Fenn is not responsible for the deaths, but these relatives aren't thinking in a clear-minded way at this time (perhaps understandably...).
07-30-2017, 06:40 PM,
(07-30-2017, 04:59 PM)Kpro Wrote: Sad this makes me sad, especially for the families involved. I disagree, and it is not because I am silly or stupid. I have respect, tact (sometimes) and enough wisdom to know what you have said is simply not the case.

Kpro

People are responsible for their own actions. When you eliminate emotion, bias, sympathy, it is the only fact in regard.

07-30-2017, 06:52 PM,
Ignorance
(07-30-2017, 06:40 PM)EnigmaticThree Wrote:
(07-30-2017, 04:59 PM)Kpro Wrote: Sad this makes me sad, especially for the families involved. I disagree, and it is not because I am silly or stupid. I have respect, tact (sometimes) and enough wisdom to know what you have said is simply not the case.

Kpro

People are responsible for their own actions. When you eliminate emotion, bias, sympathy, it is the only fact in regard.

That is the day when someone is not human. Won't happen for me. Always bring the human element in and try to be kind, even if our society is moving away from this. My mom was that way, and I strive to be like her every day.

This chase is simply not more important to being a decent human being. I will get off my soap box as I am seeing some things I hate about this chase.

I just say try to be kinder, I will try, today especially. And think about people who have lost a loved one. A pastor, a friend, a son, a dad. When the next is a ten year old boy, hopefully the remarks are more caring. Actually, they should be caring to all.

Kpro

07-30-2017, 06:54 PM,
It's not a way of living it's a way of thinking, it's called logical reasoning. Determining Fact with your brain. Don't for a moment think that I am with out sympathy for those lost and their loved ones. That has nothing to do with fault and responsibilities.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pardon my ignorance total1ty 0 542 10-30-2018, 06:53 PM
Last Post: total1ty