Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The peak of the Chase
08-02-2017, 10:56 PM,
RE: The peak of the Chase
(08-02-2017, 08:30 PM)Indy Wrote:
(08-02-2017, 04:30 PM)debbiedowner Wrote:
(08-02-2017, 04:13 PM)waveseeker Wrote: Here's your data:

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore...%2F0rpg245

Interestingly enough, the other prominent country for search is Germany.

Regards,

ws
Great information. So the 2 greatest spikes or peaks for searches prior to any death-related searchers is 2013 and 2015. With the greatest peak being 2015.

Any insight as to why this hasn't peaked higher than 2015 given all the additional national exposure?

There is an easy answer to that question. There comes a point in which a treasure hunt will transition from scavenger hunt like phase and become a real treasure hunt similar to Oak Island, Lost Cabin, Dutchmen Mine etc...

I figure that point is around 5-6 years and that's when people realize it's not going to be easy and after that the rate of new searchers will slow and the rate of veterans leaving will increase. At some point the search will become a smaller group of highly knowledgeable searchers. It doesn't mean the hunt has become less important or less well known (who doesn't know about the Lost Dutchman's mine), but the chase will be known for the difficult challenge and many will know they lack the skills to solve it.
well said sir

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I think that I was at the right place on Aqua Fria Peak... Gordon Lightfoot 9 4,647 07-03-2017, 09:02 AM
Last Post: fallingrock
  This is what interested me in Aqua Fria Peak, 10 minutes into my search... Gordon Lightfoot 7 3,595 07-02-2017, 09:31 AM
Last Post: The Count