Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.2 Average
THE HINTS- VITAL TO SUCCESS
10-12-2018, 06:22 AM,
RE: THE HINTS- VITAL TO SUCCESS
I wanted to add a little something to the what versus where warm waters halt discussion of which is more important to know first.

One aspect of the ones who favored to find what wwh first haven’t achieved is showing how they aren’t just assuming that f gave us the what of wwh in the poem. With only so many lines in the poem, there’s little time to give us specific information about the what of wwh. Or the specific what of any clue. Maybe that’s why we can’t start in the middle of the poem and try to solve for clues in the middle. As in, the mechanics of the clues aren’t set up that way in the first place.

I see the reasoning by those that have said that the clues feed off of some earlier information. It’s why one can’t go figure out what canyon down, what creek or what water high is just by using those lines in the poem. I believe it’ll take knowing the correct where warm waters halt to extract the correct clue solutions for clues after the first clue.

Similarly, I see the reasoning in one won’t be able to solve for the correct where wwh or what wwh by just using that line. One will need previous hidden information in the poem to unlock the correct area. Then, begin it at wwwh like the poem says. Precisely...

They call me the Finderofthepath since the Pathfinder has already been taken. I suggested the Pathfinder jr.
10-12-2018, 08:20 AM,
Seems reasonable, but I am getting a little concerned for your Lord Buckethead persona. Hopefully not an early sign of some sort of dementia. Or another searcher falling victim to "chase psychosis". OK, I made that up.

Smile
10-12-2018, 09:28 AM,
(10-12-2018, 08:20 AM)Beavertooth Wrote: Seems reasonable, but I am getting a little concerned for your Lord Buckethead persona. Hopefully not an early sign of some sort of dementia. Or another searcher falling victim to "chase psychosis". OK, I made that up.

Smile
I appreciate the concern but I have decided that you should be blasted into deep space if you don’t vote for me in the next elections.

They call me the Finderofthepath since the Pathfinder has already been taken. I suggested the Pathfinder jr.
10-16-2018, 06:18 AM,
I saw one thing in f’s response about the little girl from India that I haven’t seen mentioned before.

- The little girl in India cannot get closer than the first two clues. There are many disabled people who are deeply into maps and geography, and they are having a lot of fun.

I can’t recall much, or any, discussion about f’s second sentence. He brings up many disabled people who are deeply into maps. I’d say f is mysteriously alluding that they have more detailed maps than the little girl from India when comparing just her one map of the entire Rockies. How could it mean anything else?

We also have the part that they are having a lot of fun. Some searchers, without analyzing that, might assume f is alluding to an upper limit where the best they can do is have lots of fun exploring their different detailed maps and geography. But, nowhere does it say that is the upper limit. F certainly could have tried to mask the real possibility that those many disabled people, if participating in the Chase, would be able to get more clues solved from where they live than the little girl from India with the better resources they have at their disposal as the question and answer allowed.

It’s just f’s tricky weaving of the possibilities that hide the truth.

10-19-2018, 01:13 PM,
Try to reverse engineer the first stanza is all the Bucket has to say.

10-23-2018, 07:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-23-2018, 07:55 AM by fundamental design.)
I posted the following on Dal’s yesterday in response to someone so I thought I’d put it here too...

Wanted to give an example of a way to have a later clue help an earlier clue. I generally agree with that later clues can’t help earlier clues. But, I think that f could have found a way to do this and not run afoul of his own rule for what a clue is (gets one closer to the tc) and that the clues are consecutive.

The hypothetical example- A searcher figures out the geographical location nearby the correct wwwh from the first stanza of the poem.

Then, the searcher Begins it wwwh. Takes it in the canyon down while following the poem to Put in below the hoB.

Draw on a map just these clue answers and a possibility exists that when that searcher puts in below the hoB that he/she could be on the opposite side of the wwwh from where they began (just depending on how the dirt road travels, or loops, around the wwwh in this example).

That is how a later clue can help or help confirm a previous clue and not run afoul of f’s statements. The hoB can confirm the correct wwwh by naming it. This would help a searcher nail down the first clue like we have been told by f is essential. The searcher is closer to the tc at the point of putting in below the hoB than he/she was when they began it. Nothing says f can’t use another name for what a searcher has already figured out in a previous clue. In this case, the correct wwwh.

10-23-2018, 08:26 PM,
To go along with the theory I posted above, water high could be another example of a part of a clue referring to an earlier clue. If wwwh is something like a lake then when water high is mentioned, it’s referring to the lake or such (marsh, etc.). The no paddle up your creek could be the outlet of the lake’s occasional runoff.

10-24-2018, 07:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-24-2018, 07:58 AM by fundamental design.)
The line Hint of riches new and old.

This idea comes from the definition of the word hint which is “suggest or indicate something indirectly or covertly.”.

To me once you throw in the definition of hint into that line, then one can elevate that line as really being something being indicated indirectly or covertly. I think that’s the first step of figuring out a possible indication in the first stanza but one needs to then see the big picture of the first stanza. Why are the lines there in the order they are? Cause they have to be to tell the hidden story. I think the magic of the first stanza is that f was able to tell a hidden story and still have all the necessary actions or steps rhyme. I think the rhyming kinda helps hide the important event that took place. Imo

10-26-2018, 07:04 PM,
Swell; using your logic would be the inflow to the lake? I think my take would be most accurate as a swell is a small valley running into a mountain... Who knows?
just saying ss
10-27-2018, 09:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-27-2018, 11:59 AM by fundamental design.)
I’ve watched some of Seannm’s last few shows after a buddy posted that Seannm had mentioned that he was thinking about having Mindy and I on an episode of his show. As for me, Sean was thinking that a topic that he and I have discussed often in the past would make for an interesting discussion. That topic features his poem purist view that we should stay in the box of using the book, with poem included, to help us solve the clues. He contrasted that with my view that the hints are vital to success in cracking the clues in the poem as I have titled this thread.

I thought it would be interesting to do, especially since, Seannm said in one of those videos that I should tell him if he is misrepresenting my view. So, I am telling him that he is misrepresenting my view. I think it’s kinda easy to have your side of a discussion look good if you are not telling the other side’s position accurately. You should give the other side an opportunity to tell their view themselves.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Path To Success Silentfly 75 32,015 07-14-2016, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Silentfly
  Success Box decall 6 3,144 10-08-2015, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Buddy Allen
  The Book contains so many hints & clues, its ridiculous OR Are Forrests hints common to every place hes been ? SantaFe 23 10,501 03-06-2014, 12:29 AM
Last Post: deb