Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.2 Average
THE HINTS- VITAL TO SUCCESS
05-03-2019, 01:31 PM,
RE: THE HINTS- VITAL TO SUCCESS
Courtesy of Seannm:

seannm
1 day ago #1

All,

The new Playboy interview audio recently released by Jason had Forrest once again stating the whole “back in the box” advice. This got me thinking about what that may mean.

So what if the box is simply TTOTC, and Forrest’s mentioning that some are looking outside the box as if the solution lies out there somewhere, is him trying to tell us that there is no need to look outside of the book for any information save for marrying the clues to a map.

What this may mean, and I stress may, is that even the information we need to understand the subtle clues and how they help with the clues may be solely found within the book and there may be no need to look outside of it like researching history.

Here is an example of what I mean

So I wrote a poem containing nine clues that if followed precisely, will lead to the end of my rainbow and the treasure:

Could this be one of the subtle clues? If so all the information to understand what it may be trying trying to convey doesn’t require any research into history or any specialized knowledge.

Just a thought, would like your feedback.

Thanks

Seannm

Well, for me, I haven’t felt the need to contstrain myself with this approach you’re describing. That’s not to mention that Mdavis has “TTOTC” in his failure box. Might want to suggest to him that his personal guarantee that every item in his failure box isn’t correct.

You also equate “So many searchers are stomping on the ants while the elephants run by” to people who are caught up in the munitia- like subtle clues in the book and missing what is right in their face. I don’t agree with that.

Thats because I think you are the one who is caught up in the munitia and missing the big picture. In two of the questions the kids asked f, he answered that those questions are part of the puzzle you have to figure out. Questions numbered 4 and 9. That means f is not gonna tell you the answer to those parts of the puzzle. He has also said that about the hints in the book before. That doesn’t mean chalk it up to just being munitia.

What happens if what one thinks is a hint leads to a specific area or place on a map? What if the other hints do that too? And they all are in the same, specific area? Are maps frowned on around here? I’d go with that over this as a subtle clue/hint any day- So I wrote a poem containing nine clues that if followed precisely, will lead to the end of my rainbow and the treasure.

Howdy, Mister.
05-03-2019, 02:12 PM,
Well, he mentions a lot of things in the book (such as people). It probably doesn't hurt to think about why. That might involve some light research.
05-03-2019, 03:23 PM,
(05-03-2019, 01:31 PM)fundamental design Wrote: Courtesy of Seannm:

seannm
1 day ago #1

All,

The new Playboy interview audio recently released by Jason had Forrest once again stating the whole “back in the box” advice. This got me thinking about what that may mean.

So what if the box is simply TTOTC, and Forrest’s mentioning that some are looking outside the box as if the solution lies out there somewhere, is him trying to tell us that there is no need to look outside of the book for any information save for marrying the clues to a map.

What this may mean, and I stress may, is that even the information we need to understand the subtle clues and how they help with the clues may be solely found within the book and there may be no need to look outside of it like researching history.

Here is an example of what I mean

So I wrote a poem containing nine clues that if followed precisely, will lead to the end of my rainbow and the treasure:

Could this be one of the subtle clues? If so all the information to understand what it may be trying trying to convey doesn’t require any research into history or any specialized knowledge.

Just a thought, would like your feedback.

Thanks

Seannm

Well, for me, I haven’t felt the need to contstrain myself with this approach you’re describing. That’s not to mention that Mdavis has “TTOTC” in his failure box. Might want to suggest to him that his personal guarantee that every item in his failure box isn’t correct.

You also equate “So many searchers are stomping on the ants while the elephants run by” to people who are caught up in the munitia- like subtle clues in the book and missing what is right in their face. I don’t agree with that.

Thats because I think you are the one who is caught up in the munitia and missing the big picture. In two of the questions the kids asked f, he answered that those questions are part of the puzzle you have to figure out. Questions numbered 4 and 9. That means f is not gonna tell you the answer to those parts of the puzzle. He has also said that about the hints in the book before. That doesn’t mean chalk it up to just being munitia.

What happens if what one thinks is a hint leads to a specific area or place on a map? What if the other hints do that too? And they all are in the same, specific area? Are maps frowned on around here? I’d go with that over this as a subtle clue/hint any day- So I wrote a poem containing nine clues that if followed precisely, will lead to the end of my rainbow and the treasure.
Seannm is a walking contradiction. Here is his last post that got me rolling on the floor with laughter.

"I personally try very hard to ensure I insert words and phrases that steer clear of insinuating facts, especially about the chase. "

followed by his signature moto,
"In 'The Thrill of the Chase' world the side you take up is usually the one that falls under your own belief structure. Sometimes it has less to do with evidence and more to do with what you wish to believe."

The arrogant jackass incriminates himself every time he opens his mouth. His "belief structure" is the most biased belief system in the chase and never has anything to do with evidence.
05-04-2019, 07:57 AM,
^Lol.

Howdy, Mister.
05-09-2019, 11:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-10-2019, 12:00 AM by Top Secret.)
(06-08-2018, 04:10 PM)Top Secret Wrote:
(06-08-2018, 02:59 PM)Seannm Wrote: All,
I am the Chase's smartest treasure hunter, come and see me talk about myself on my self-centered youtube show, where you can see how perfect I really am.
Seannm
[Image: Ev657E0.png]
Continuing on with Seannm the walking contradiction & Mr. know-it-all's foot in mouth disease. I got a really good laugh tonight when I read a recent post form Seannm
where he thinks Fenn's response to school kids to read TTOTC is a vote for Poem Purists and the smart ones at MW tore him a new one.

Sometimes I wonder if he ever stops to consider how his posts make him an absolute idiot. Case in point, Poem purist only use the poem yet,
Seannm cites a "non-poem, non-TTOTC source" as proof that the poem is all you need to find the treasure"

Man you just can't make this stuff up. If there was a Darwin award for treasure hunters, seannm is a shoe-in.
05-14-2019, 02:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-14-2019, 02:47 PM by fundamental design.)
Some poem purists’ (I know, but I didn’t come up with the term) foundations rely on their often said advice that TTOTC book is filled with so many rabbit holes that it ain’t worth the time spent on going that route.

Like...how’s it going without the book then?

Then, we have this recently from Cynthia...

05-12-2019, 02:38 PM
RE: Why Frosty?
Once I asked Forrest why he changed Old Fred to Frosty and Miss Mary to Grandma. I asked him if it was to protect the actual people he's referring to? He looked at me like I was on crack and said I was "nit-picking". IMO, they are not hints. Once again, this is an example of "so many searchers stomping on the ants while the elephants run by." IMO.

I agree with that being nit-picking and that kind of hunt for the few hints would constitute into minutia. That’s why I’ve never gone the route of looking for that kind of answer to some of the things f wrote about in the book. I have been saying for years that I don’t think that is what constitutes as a hint. I give f much more credit for creating suberb hints in his Chase. If the tc is ever found, it’ll be the hints that shine the way, if the finder tells their story.

Howdy, Mister.
05-14-2019, 05:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-15-2019, 09:38 AM by crazyfamily.)
THE HINTS- VITAL TO SUCCESS
Seems that you too are an excellent example of nature’s far sightedness. lol

razyfamily
05-15-2019, 08:57 AM,
Everyone. Lol

Howdy, Mister.
05-22-2019, 09:46 AM,
Interesting to reflect back on how f defined the hints in the book in the beginning of the Chase. He used the terms “subtle clues”. I’m not sure of exactly when f updated his terminology of that by using the word “hints”.

The aspect I see interesting is why didn’t he use the word hint in the beginning to describe the hints in the book, lol. I mean, that is what the word hint is used for in all kinds of mysterious applications. It certainly seems more apt to be used than the awkward phrase of “subtle clues”.

It’s not like he didn’t use the word hint in the poem. Ahhh...that’s it, he was trying to mask the trail that there is an actual hint in the poem since he has/will never comment(ed) about that aspect of the poem before explicitly.

I might try and make myself some room at Top Secret’s autographing booth later on. I can only sign for half an hour.

Howdy, Mister.
06-14-2019, 09:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-14-2019, 10:11 AM by fundamental design.)
Sorry for the long post...

Thought I’d review and comment on the latest Flipside video where they were talking about subjectivity and objectivity in the Chase again. They sure like that subject even though they seem to only scratch the surface of it. Like mostly obvious projections and views from the view of a poem purist. I do think they should bring someone in addition to Decall to help explain how some non poem purists view the topic.

I’ll go over a few things that stood out. Sean brought up early that I recently posted on ChaseChat this “I think one thing poem purists haven’t figured out is many who aren’t poem purists prbly still spend 98-99% of their solving time on the poem.”

Later he repeated it and then said that the small percentage of the solving time by the non poem purists not used on the poem is what trips them up. It gets them so far out of the box, looking into historical figures, or history in general, and leads to naive assumptions that lead you to these rabbit holes.

He says that like every non poem purist does that. Sounds to me like he’s cherry picking some solves he’s read or heard and placing every non poem purist in that same boat. That isn’t being objective. What’s wrong with looking into history? Is that forbidden? Sean already agreed with me before that history is involved emphatically with the Chase. That’s what an objective person would figure out. So, why try to diss it now? I don’t get it.

It’s not like I’m worried about wacky solutions I hear having any chance on interfering with the one, certain process of solving it all. Is he saying that no poem purist’s solve is subjective or one can’t find something weird (subjective) in it? Here’s a challenge. Let’s see some poem purists solves (complete or incomplete) that have been released before or someone wants to step up to the plate. Has there ever been a complete poem purist solve that went public? I’ll do an objective analysis of that solve and post it back to the community. I’ll just look into the objectivity and subjectivity angle of the solve and point out what I find.

I think the poem purists on the show think they are more objective than all non poem purists. I wouldn’t even answer half the questions or topics they brought up on the show because they are subjective. Like when Sean asked their opinion on get back in the box and if that means get back to the poem only or ttotc book in general which includes the poem. It’s subjective...you ain’t ever gonna figure that out so who cares.

Another point Sean was trying to make was that he believes f has changed his advice from years of it being (paraphrased) read the poem very slowly many times then read the book looking for hints that will help you with the clues in the poem. Sean thinks he changed that by more recently advising newcomers to the Chase to read his poem only.

What Sean misses is that it is important to look at adjectives and such around nouns. Just like when Sean points out we need to do that in the poem when they were discussing “warm” in the poem. Decall essentially brought up that he didn’t think synonyms were the best route to go in the poem (subjective rabbit holes) but Sean said f did that with his definition of “warm”...and that surrounding words are needed to be defined for context. Ok, then you are forgetting an important word that f has used to describe his advice about read the poem and then the book to find hints to help the clues. F said that was his “best” advice. Hard to beat his best advice if he doesn’t ever say later something else is his best advice. One’s best advice doesn’t change when you give other advice later on. One can give advice on many levels or topics after giving one’s “best” advice on how to find the treasure and it doesn’t supplant it.

When they immediately got stuck on the subjectivity/objectivity of the word warm in the first clue, it goes to what I’ve been posting for a long time on this thread. The clues are subjective. I believe you ain’t ever gonna figure out where the treasure is by just looking at the clues. I’ve said from OP of this thread that it’s my thinking that the hints in the Chase are what someone can find some piece of objectivity in them. Sean often mischaracterizes that position to mean I only talking about hints in the book. Nope, I’ve repeatedly said hints in the book and poem. I didn’t differentiate the two when I first said it’s the hints.

For example this question:

Dear Forrest,

You tell us that we should find “where warm waters halt” before trying to solve any of the other clues. Imagining that we haven’t seen the rest of the poem, and all we have to go on is:

a. “begin it where warm waters halt” and

b. “somewhere in the mountains north of Santa Fe”

Do you think that we can confidently determine the starting place for your treasure trail?

Steve No, if all you have to go on are those two clues you cannot proceed with confidence. Look at it this way. If you were making a cake and you left out a few ingredients, would you achieve your goal?

The gang on the show did produce the idea that there’s prbly something important in the first stanza of the poem. I agree with that and that’s what I’ve been saying for a long time on this thread and elsewhere. I’ve gone into great detail why, instead of just the obvious opinion, that it’s important.

F says you can’t proceed with confidence with those two clues where wwwh is one of them. You didn’t get to see the rest of the poem. The clues are consecutive. First clue is wwwh. Pretty much means the first stanza is where you get help figuring out wwwh. It has the word “hint” in it. I’d like Sean to read out loud the poem to us with how f defines the word hint for us...

As I’ve gone alone in there
And with my treasures bold
I can keep my secret where
And hint (help us with the clues) of riches new and old

Treasure hunters in the Chase don’t need a synonym for the word hint. It is self explanatory just like the word clue is. They can’t be interchanged though according to f or he wouldn’t have defined them in a different way.

So, is the hint in the first stanza objective or subjective? Is a recipe objective or subjective? If you leave out a few ingredients in a recipe then you are doing some subjective cooking/baking. A recipe is objective, it’s the fault of the one following the recipe if they don’t precisely follow the recipe by missing ingredients. If we need to follow the clues precisely sounds like f is saying we need to follow the hints precisely too. Some will “say sounds like” is subjective. If you say that, then I’ll say I think you want f to hold your hand and take you to the tc himself. You got to figure some things out by yourself and it’s not gonna be an objective route the whole way through the 9 clues. I’m saying the only part of the correct clue path that will have a taste of objectivity will be any of the hints you figure out. The rest just “hinges” on that.

Howdy, Mister.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Path To Success Silentfly 75 39,317 07-14-2016, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Silentfly
  Success Box decall 6 3,970 10-08-2015, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Buddy Allen
  The Book contains so many hints & clues, its ridiculous OR Are Forrests hints common to every place hes been ? SantaFe 23 12,574 03-06-2014, 12:29 AM
Last Post: deb