Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.2 Average
THE HINTS- VITAL TO SUCCESS
05-02-2019, 12:55 PM,
RE: THE HINTS- VITAL TO SUCCESS
(05-02-2019, 12:46 PM)fundamental design Wrote: Q &A with school kids on MW...

2)The treasure chest is cool. I like reading and I will get some books from the library to help me solve your puzzle. What books should I get?
You should get The Thrill of the Chase.

————————————————————

Sounds like the kid already has the puzzle (poem). Jenny is nearly pointing at the poem on the map. Interesting that f advises TTOTC book will help the kid solve his puzzle.
Not good news for the poem purists, but of course nothing really is.
05-03-2019, 01:31 PM,
Courtesy of Seannm:

seannm
1 day ago #1

All,

The new Playboy interview audio recently released by Jason had Forrest once again stating the whole “back in the box” advice. This got me thinking about what that may mean.

So what if the box is simply TTOTC, and Forrest’s mentioning that some are looking outside the box as if the solution lies out there somewhere, is him trying to tell us that there is no need to look outside of the book for any information save for marrying the clues to a map.

What this may mean, and I stress may, is that even the information we need to understand the subtle clues and how they help with the clues may be solely found within the book and there may be no need to look outside of it like researching history.

Here is an example of what I mean

So I wrote a poem containing nine clues that if followed precisely, will lead to the end of my rainbow and the treasure:

Could this be one of the subtle clues? If so all the information to understand what it may be trying trying to convey doesn’t require any research into history or any specialized knowledge.

Just a thought, would like your feedback.

Thanks

Seannm

Well, for me, I haven’t felt the need to contstrain myself with this approach you’re describing. That’s not to mention that Mdavis has “TTOTC” in his failure box. Might want to suggest to him that his personal guarantee that every item in his failure box isn’t correct.

You also equate “So many searchers are stomping on the ants while the elephants run by” to people who are caught up in the munitia- like subtle clues in the book and missing what is right in their face. I don’t agree with that.

Thats because I think you are the one who is caught up in the munitia and missing the big picture. In two of the questions the kids asked f, he answered that those questions are part of the puzzle you have to figure out. Questions numbered 4 and 9. That means f is not gonna tell you the answer to those parts of the puzzle. He has also said that about the hints in the book before. That doesn’t mean chalk it up to just being munitia.

What happens if what one thinks is a hint leads to a specific area or place on a map? What if the other hints do that too? And they all are in the same, specific area? Are maps frowned on around here? I’d go with that over this as a subtle clue/hint any day- So I wrote a poem containing nine clues that if followed precisely, will lead to the end of my rainbow and the treasure.

Howdy, Mister.
05-03-2019, 02:12 PM,
Well, he mentions a lot of things in the book (such as people). It probably doesn't hurt to think about why. That might involve some light research.
05-03-2019, 03:23 PM,
(05-03-2019, 01:31 PM)fundamental design Wrote: Courtesy of Seannm:

seannm
1 day ago #1

All,

The new Playboy interview audio recently released by Jason had Forrest once again stating the whole “back in the box” advice. This got me thinking about what that may mean.

So what if the box is simply TTOTC, and Forrest’s mentioning that some are looking outside the box as if the solution lies out there somewhere, is him trying to tell us that there is no need to look outside of the book for any information save for marrying the clues to a map.

What this may mean, and I stress may, is that even the information we need to understand the subtle clues and how they help with the clues may be solely found within the book and there may be no need to look outside of it like researching history.

Here is an example of what I mean

So I wrote a poem containing nine clues that if followed precisely, will lead to the end of my rainbow and the treasure:

Could this be one of the subtle clues? If so all the information to understand what it may be trying trying to convey doesn’t require any research into history or any specialized knowledge.

Just a thought, would like your feedback.

Thanks

Seannm

Well, for me, I haven’t felt the need to contstrain myself with this approach you’re describing. That’s not to mention that Mdavis has “TTOTC” in his failure box. Might want to suggest to him that his personal guarantee that every item in his failure box isn’t correct.

You also equate “So many searchers are stomping on the ants while the elephants run by” to people who are caught up in the munitia- like subtle clues in the book and missing what is right in their face. I don’t agree with that.

Thats because I think you are the one who is caught up in the munitia and missing the big picture. In two of the questions the kids asked f, he answered that those questions are part of the puzzle you have to figure out. Questions numbered 4 and 9. That means f is not gonna tell you the answer to those parts of the puzzle. He has also said that about the hints in the book before. That doesn’t mean chalk it up to just being munitia.

What happens if what one thinks is a hint leads to a specific area or place on a map? What if the other hints do that too? And they all are in the same, specific area? Are maps frowned on around here? I’d go with that over this as a subtle clue/hint any day- So I wrote a poem containing nine clues that if followed precisely, will lead to the end of my rainbow and the treasure.
Seannm is a walking contradiction. Here is his last post that got me rolling on the floor with laughter.

"I personally try very hard to ensure I insert words and phrases that steer clear of insinuating facts, especially about the chase. "

followed by his signature moto,
"In 'The Thrill of the Chase' world the side you take up is usually the one that falls under your own belief structure. Sometimes it has less to do with evidence and more to do with what you wish to believe."

The arrogant jackass incriminates himself every time he opens his mouth. His "belief structure" is the most biased belief system in the chase and never has anything to do with evidence.
05-04-2019, 07:57 AM,
^Lol.

Howdy, Mister.
05-09-2019, 11:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-10-2019, 12:00 AM by Top Secret.)
(06-08-2018, 04:10 PM)Top Secret Wrote:
(06-08-2018, 02:59 PM)Seannm Wrote: All,
I am the Chase's smartest treasure hunter, come and see me talk about myself on my self-centered youtube show, where you can see how perfect I really am.
Seannm
[Image: Ev657E0.png]
Continuing on with Seannm the walking contradiction & Mr. know-it-all's foot in mouth disease. I got a really good laugh tonight when I read a recent post form Seannm
where he thinks Fenn's response to school kids to read TTOTC is a vote for Poem Purists and the smart ones at MW tore him a new one.

Sometimes I wonder if he ever stops to consider how his posts make him an absolute idiot. Case in point, Poem purist only use the poem yet,
Seannm cites a "non-poem, non-TTOTC source" as proof that the poem is all you need to find the treasure"

Man you just can't make this stuff up. If there was a Darwin award for treasure hunters, seannm is a shoe-in.
05-14-2019, 02:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-14-2019, 02:47 PM by fundamental design.)
Some poem purists’ (I know, but I didn’t come up with the term) foundations rely on their often said advice that TTOTC book is filled with so many rabbit holes that it ain’t worth the time spent on going that route.

Like...how’s it going without the book then?

Then, we have this recently from Cynthia...

05-12-2019, 02:38 PM
RE: Why Frosty?
Once I asked Forrest why he changed Old Fred to Frosty and Miss Mary to Grandma. I asked him if it was to protect the actual people he's referring to? He looked at me like I was on crack and said I was "nit-picking". IMO, they are not hints. Once again, this is an example of "so many searchers stomping on the ants while the elephants run by." IMO.

I agree with that being nit-picking and that kind of hunt for the few hints would constitute into minutia. That’s why I’ve never gone the route of looking for that kind of answer to some of the things f wrote about in the book. I have been saying for years that I don’t think that is what constitutes as a hint. I give f much more credit for creating suberb hints in his Chase. If the tc is ever found, it’ll be the hints that shine the way, if the finder tells their story.

Howdy, Mister.
05-14-2019, 05:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-15-2019, 09:38 AM by crazyfamily.)
THE HINTS- VITAL TO SUCCESS
Seems that you too are an excellent example of nature’s far sightedness. lol

razyfamily
05-15-2019, 08:57 AM,
Everyone. Lol

Howdy, Mister.
05-22-2019, 09:46 AM,
Interesting to reflect back on how f defined the hints in the book in the beginning of the Chase. He used the terms “subtle clues”. I’m not sure of exactly when f updated his terminology of that by using the word “hints”.

The aspect I see interesting is why didn’t he use the word hint in the beginning to describe the hints in the book, lol. I mean, that is what the word hint is used for in all kinds of mysterious applications. It certainly seems more apt to be used than the awkward phrase of “subtle clues”.

It’s not like he didn’t use the word hint in the poem. Ahhh...that’s it, he was trying to mask the trail that there is an actual hint in the poem since he has/will never comment(ed) about that aspect of the poem before explicitly.

I might try and make myself some room at Top Secret’s autographing booth later on. I can only sign for half an hour.

Howdy, Mister.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Path To Success Silentfly 75 36,237 07-14-2016, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Silentfly
  Success Box decall 6 3,688 10-08-2015, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Buddy Allen
  The Book contains so many hints & clues, its ridiculous OR Are Forrests hints common to every place hes been ? SantaFe 23 11,705 03-06-2014, 12:29 AM
Last Post: deb