Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.2 Average
THE HINTS- VITAL TO SUCCESS
01-28-2020, 08:53 PM,
RE: THE HINTS- VITAL TO SUCCESS
1st few clues are in stanza 1, don't be confused by his statements about the first clue is wwwh, for wwwh is found at the geographical location found in first line of poem. You see, people don't think about this. 1st line contains right area, which contains wwwh. It's really quite simple. Don't box yourself in. Example: line 1 gives you, say, Spanish Peaks and there is a, say, Dry Creek. Begin IT, the actual trail/path etc at Dry Creek. First clue is wwwh/Dry Creek, which you found by solving line 1. Wwwh existed in line 1 and wwwh exists in line 5. This doesn't dispute anything he said. Don't be so literal people. The right area, found in line 1, contains wwwh, thus clue 1/wwwh is found in line 1.. Line 5 just contains the words WWWH, not the actual clue.
01-29-2020, 12:54 AM,
Some have thought that maybe the movie The Da Vinci Code had a hint. Well, it does. "People seldom notice what is right in front of their face." Lol
01-29-2020, 07:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-29-2020, 08:24 AM by fundamental design.)
(01-28-2020, 06:12 PM)Chris Yates Wrote:
(01-28-2020, 04:07 PM)fundamental design Wrote: [Image: c179bb9f8202088052bad9593a0a9797.jpg]

I saw this post by Chris Yates and I wanted to provide reasons why I don’t agree with his assessment.

He states “as the clues are solved” one will be able to figure out more focused geographical areas.

What I see Chris miss here is that the clues can’t be solved by just using the clues themselves. I take that from f’s response about one needs other ingredients to solve for the correct wwwh (paraphrased). As well as, the clues are consecutive and contiguous and f’s nope, nope reply.

Therefore, f could have simply designed some “backstory” in the poem. Maybe that’s why the first clue is in the second stanza.

i don't see you dis-agreeing with anything here except with something that i've never said

a claim you've essentially fabricated out of thin air

so it seems you're having a debate with yourself?

not sure who will come out on top here. you or you. could go either way really
Ummm, you did say what I put in quotes. That’s why I put that part in quotes. The rest wasn’t important to my counterpoint so paraphrasing is valid.

As far as what I disagreed with, I stand by my statement that I don’t agree with your assessment. That’s what I said I disagree with...the assessment you made. You did make an assessment.

And yes, I also disagree with other things in your post that I never brought up yet. But, I also said where I think you missed something because you didn’t bring it up. I brought it up and posted f statements that back up why I think that.

I don’t think it’s a gray area that one needs backstory to solve the first clue, let alone subsequent clues. I think one does need backstory to do that as I explained.

Pays to be a winner.
01-29-2020, 10:22 AM,
"Sometimes a man likes to get you into an argument first to show that he is as smart as you are. And when you begin refuting one another’s reasons, fussing back and forth, you generally do what a nationally known industrial relations authority warns you against: you wallow in the mud with the pig. He says, “Never wallow in the mud with a pig, because the pig likes it.” That is exactly what he wants, because you are on his home ground. He can think of arguments as well as you can, so where do you come out?" -- 1946, Richard P. Calhoon (Calhoon disclaimed credit and attributed the remark to an unnamed “industrial relations authority”. QI conjectures that the referent was Cyrus Stuart Ching.)

In January 1948 “The Saturday Evening Post” published the first strong match from Ching as noted previously:

"I hope you won’t take this personally, but I am reminded of something my old uncle told me, long ago, back on the farm. He said. ‘What’s the sense of wrestling with a pig? You both get all over muddy . . . and the pig likes it.'”"

I don't mean to imply that anyone on this thread is a pig. But I want to point out in words that most people are familiar with (a humorous metaphor?) what I think about this thread in general. I think it is essentially a complete waste of time for all parties involved, unless you enjoy endless discussion of how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

And yes, I know that getting dirty while wrestling with a pig goes much further back in time -- it's the addition of "the pig likes it" in the 1940's that made it a bit more humorous.
Smile
01-29-2020, 11:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-29-2020, 12:54 PM by fundamental design.)
(01-29-2020, 10:22 AM)Beavertooth Wrote: "Sometimes a man likes to get you into an argument first to show that he is as smart as you are. And when you begin refuting one another’s reasons, fussing back and forth, you generally do what a nationally known industrial relations authority warns you against: you wallow in the mud with the pig. He says, “Never wallow in the mud with a pig, because the pig likes it.” That is exactly what he wants, because you are on his home ground. He can think of arguments as well as you can, so where do you come out?" -- 1946, Richard P. Calhoon (Calhoon disclaimed credit and attributed the remark to an unnamed “industrial relations authority”. QI conjectures that the referent was Cyrus Stuart Ching.)

In January 1948 “The Saturday Evening Post” published the first strong match from Ching as noted previously:

"I hope you won’t take this personally, but I am reminded of something my old uncle told me, long ago, back on the farm. He said. ‘What’s the sense of wrestling with a pig? You both get all over muddy . . . and the pig likes it.'”"

I don't mean to imply that anyone on this thread is a pig. But I want to point out in words that most people are familiar with (a humorous metaphor?) what I think about this thread in general. I think it is essentially a complete waste of time for all parties involved, unless you enjoy endless discussion of how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

And yes, I know that getting dirty while wrestling with a pig goes much further back in time -- it's the addition of "the pig likes it" in the 1940's that made it a bit more humorous.
Smile

And like I’ve said before, I don’t agree with you that this thread has been a complete waste of time. That would imply that no one anywhere has gotten something out of it. Are you willing to bet that’s the case?

Among other things, we are discussing whether backstory is necessary to solve the clues. That’s not arguing and it’s not without value. You are welcome to start a more apt thread, or any thread or comment on any thread if this one distresses you so much.

It’s understandable when fans go to a NBA game and get upset when a referee interjects to the point of making the game about himself/herself instead of the game.

Pays to be a winner.
01-29-2020, 03:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-29-2020, 03:05 PM by Chris Yates.)
part of what you stated to represent my assesment was

He states “as the clues are solved” one will be able to figure out more focused geographical areas.

you aren't, and haven't, said anything that disagrees with this statement. right?

then you go on to say

What I see Chris miss here is that the clues can’t be solved by just using the clues themselves.

but i have never made any such claim. you created your own fake counter point and then go on to disagree with yourself. the way your post reads you make it sound like you are disagreeing with something i said.

your point that we need more information and ingredients is true, and obviously i agree. as you pointed out f said as much but its so obvious he didn't need to say it. there is no way to identify with certainty a specific geographic spot just from "begin it where war waters halt"

you are taking this idea of needing more information, and further describing at as "backstory in the poem". hadn't thought of it like that, but yes, i agree with that too. my own solve uses stuff relating to the Ute indians that could be described as some of their back story.

point being, you are introducing a new subject, "backstory in the poem" which is a different subject than the one i am talking about in the reply you posted from me. that subject is backstory separate from the poem. which f has given us a lot of that in stories and what happened leading up to the treasure hiding etc etc

so my belief, which i think i said in that post, is that because i interpret many comments from f saying only the poem can lead us there, then nothing is required from backstories (separate from poem) to solve any clue.

so thing is, you start off saying here are reasons you disagree with my assessment, but then you don't say anything that disagrees with my assessment

and why did you mention there are "some other" things that you disagree with? i mean, thats kinda odd. if there is something you disagree with, then just say what it is LOL. because as of now, you haven't.

i mean, seriously, feel free to say whatever you might disagree with. and if you have a good point to make that doesn't contradict anything i've said, then just make the point. you don't need to "pretend" to disagree with me.
02-01-2020, 11:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-01-2020, 01:41 PM by fundamental design.)
You said the backstory is probably helpful. I say I think it’s necessary.

You now say you were originally equating “the backstory” as backstory outside of the poem. I didn’t equate “the backstory”, in regards to the Chase, to just that as I’ve never seen “the backstory” or “backstory” defined by f, or any searcher, as solely outside of the poem info. To me, “the backstory” or “backstory” in the Chase includes all possible backstory, as f would see it, not less specifically noted otherwise. I didn’t always think that. Sure, I’ve seen plenty assume or not pick up on the idea that there may be backstory in the poem when they see or hear “backstory”.

So, I said you might have missed an opportunity (backstory possibly in the poem). Which you agree you did miss.

The first stanza does tell us what someone(s) did in the past and that’s before the first clue. I’d call that backstory.

I already explained the rest. I stand by my comments.

Pays to be a winner.
02-01-2020, 12:45 PM,
Polonius:

"This business is well ended.
My liege and madam, to expostulate
What majesty should be, what duty is,
Why day is day, night night, and time is time,
Were nothing but to waste night, day, and time.
Therefore, since brevity is the soul of wit...."

Hamlet
by William Shakespeare

Post #750 in this thread. Talk about a waste of time. Instead of being a few crisp points made by you, followed by a few differing viewpoints to be judged by the reader, it has been turned into a nightmare of argument so that you can point out to people the error of their ways, and/or the mistakes in their arguments.

It doesn't really matter whether you are right or wrong. It matters that you are wasting people's time.
02-01-2020, 12:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-01-2020, 02:03 PM by fundamental design.)
I made a crisp point that Chris admits he missed, so how is that not something new and interesting? That’s not on me and he has been asking for more clarification. I see the explanation for the ill defined use of “the backstory” as a win/win for all like Chris alluded to. You not seeing that makes me worry about you.

Maybe some prefer political talk.

As the Seals say “Pays to be a winner”.

To be helpful, I will no longer reply to you two on the repeated topics. I’m asking you two not to post on this thread about things you have recently brought up. We get it.

Pays to be a winner.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Path To Success Silentfly 75 44,316 07-14-2016, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Silentfly
  Success Box decall 6 4,463 10-08-2015, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Buddy Allen
  The Book contains so many hints & clues, its ridiculous OR Are Forrests hints common to every place hes been ? SantaFe 23 13,721 03-06-2014, 12:29 AM
Last Post: deb