Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.2 Average
THE HINTS- VITAL TO SUCCESS
09-06-2017, 01:28 PM,
RE: THE HINTS- VITAL TO SUCCESS
So it would go
Adam, Beth, Carl, Debra, Ernest, Fiona...?
09-06-2017, 01:36 PM,
THE HINTS- VITAL TO SUCCESS
(09-06-2017, 01:28 PM)Itchy Ideas Wrote: So it would go
Adam, Beth, Carl, Debra, Ernest, Fiona...?

Something like that. Smile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mindy's YouTube Channel and blog:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMAnEYj...UN1I6me_0g

http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
09-07-2017, 07:14 AM,
My favorite question about the poem is why would who's speaking in the first stanza hint at their secret that they say they can keep just one line above. Why hint at it? Lol

Pays to be a winner.
09-07-2017, 08:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-07-2017, 08:55 AM by fundamental design.)
(09-07-2017, 07:24 AM)ROLL TIDE Wrote:
(09-07-2017, 07:14 AM)fundamental design Wrote: My favorite question about the poem is why would who's speaking in the first stanza hint at their secret that they say they can keep just one line above. Why hint at it? Lol

That is only a valid question if one assumes 'riches new and old' is the secret that is being kept.

'hint of riches new and old' does not necessarily mean this is the secret that's being kept.

Yep, and I wouldn't penalize anyone who chooses to believe that the 'hint' is tied to the secret. It's pretty easy to keep an open mind and go down both paths...the hint is tied to the secret mentioned and your thought that it may not. Then, see which way gets one further.

And I'm not only saying that hint of riches new and old is the secret that is being kept. I'm saying that to specifically hint at whatever the secret is can be a major hint in itself as to what the secret is...specifically the old secret.

Pays to be a winner.
09-07-2017, 09:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-07-2017, 09:07 AM by fundamental design.)
(09-07-2017, 08:56 AM)ROLL TIDE Wrote: Both paths should always be considered, is all I was saying. There's always at least two ways to read Fenn.

As I have gone alone in there, I can keep my secret where.
And with my treasures bold, hint of riches new and old.

I read 'secret where' as 'secret place'.
The secret place is 'in there', the place he went alone. Nobody else knows what place he is talking about. It's a secret.

Begin it where.
Where = there.
There = place.

Sounds good, I just think there's a deeper, hidden meaning in that stanza than what you have described.

Pays to be a winner.
09-07-2017, 09:29 AM,
(09-07-2017, 09:06 AM)fundamental design Wrote:
(09-07-2017, 08:56 AM)ROLL TIDE Wrote: Both paths should always be considered, is all I was saying. There's always at least two ways to read Fenn.

As I have gone alone in there, I can keep my secret where.
And with my treasures bold, hint of riches new and old.

I read 'secret where' as 'secret place'.
The secret place is 'in there', the place he went alone. Nobody else knows what place he is talking about. It's a secret.

Begin it where.
Where = there.
There = place.

Sounds good, I just think there's a deeper, hidden meaning in that stanza than what you have described.

Remember when Fenn made the word "wet' sound like "whet"? He's doing just the opposite with the word "where". I think "where" really means "ware." And secret should be secrete, as in a liquid secretes out of something.

Then the line would read, "I can keep my secrete ware." So there is an image of a piece of silverware, pottery ware, glass ware, etc. that has water seeping out of it.

Nearby are things that are new and old.

His treasures bold do not relate to the treasure chest. They are also images nearby.

These crazy ideas are only because they are what I see where the clues have led me.
09-07-2017, 10:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-07-2017, 10:21 AM by delayah.)
(09-07-2017, 09:29 AM)trigace Wrote: "The word that is key is directly related to it."

If a searcher solves the actual "word that is key", without solving the entire poem, they stumbled upon it out of happenstance.

If someone stumbles upon the word that is key and can actually tie that in to anything significant, they have done so out of order and it would be a miracle if they could solve the poem with that knowledge only.

The word that is key serves as confirmation for the most part.

Regarding Mr. Fenn's latest post about dictionaries and rendering of Es Spanol, and on another distinction; What do metalinguistics have to do with TTOTC anyway?
09-07-2017, 10:26 AM,
(09-07-2017, 10:13 AM)delayah Wrote:
(09-07-2017, 09:29 AM)trigace Wrote: "The word that is key is directly related to it."

If a searcher solves the actual "word that is key", without solving the entire poem, they stumbled upon it out of happenstance.

If someone stumbles upon the word that is key and can actually tie that in to anything significant, they have done so out of order and it would be a miracle if they could solve the poem with that knowledge only.

You are for the most part correct.
09-07-2017, 10:29 AM,
(09-07-2017, 10:13 AM)delayah Wrote:

Good point about the word that is key if the whole poem isn't solved. Interesting to consider.

Pays to be a winner.
09-08-2017, 08:20 AM,
I remember at the last Fennboree chatting with Dal and a few other searchers about the Chase and so I asked Dal "what about the hints in ttotc book?" He thought about it for a second or two then asked how many times is Yellowstone brought up in the book. I said many times and he nodded his head and said that's the thing that he takes as being a hint in the book. And I wanted to nod my head the other way.

I don't see the craftiness in that approach. I'd think f is much more adept to coming up with a crafty way to hide the hints. A way that would actually follow f's description of how the hints will reveal themselves...as an abberation.

Pays to be a winner.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Path To Success Silentfly 75 50,253 07-14-2016, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Silentfly
  Success Box decall 6 5,111 10-08-2015, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Buddy Allen
  The Book contains so many hints & clues, its ridiculous OR Are Forrests hints common to every place hes been ? SantaFe 23 15,041 03-06-2014, 12:29 AM
Last Post: deb