Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.2 Average
THE HINTS- VITAL TO SUCCESS
10-18-2017, 09:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-19-2017, 03:48 PM by fundamental design.)
RE: THE HINTS- VITAL TO SUCCESS
I’ve got to believe that John Charles whatever refers to John Charles Fremont. Seems like the chances of f referring to anyone else are slim to none. The focus on the part of the story about his mom reinforces it.

Pays to be a winner.
10-18-2017, 09:59 AM,
What do you like location wise? I like Pathfinder dam, and of course the area from his fourth expedition.

" Bryan's book provides many details about Fremont's fourth. It covers the 34-man party's route from Bent's Fort on Nov.15, 1848, to El Pueblo and then through the Wet Mountains and the Sangre de Cristos; across the Wet Mountain and the San Luis valleys; into, up and back down the San Juan mountain range; and finally to Taos, N.M., where the men arrived Feb. 12, 1849 -- a total of 390 miles. "

I have been to the area in La Gartia where they got snowed in. Actually saw the biggest bear I've seen in the wild there.
10-18-2017, 11:36 AM,
(10-18-2017, 09:23 AM)fundamental design Wrote: I’ve got to believe that John Charles whatever refers to John Charles Fremont. Seems like the chances of f referring to anyone else are slim to none. The focus on the part of the story about his mom reinforces this match.

_______The keeper of the key

There are about as many Fremonts in the Rockies as there are wwh, my dear man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mindy's YouTube Channel and blog:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMAnEYj...UN1I6me_0g

http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
10-18-2017, 11:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-01-2018, 09:24 AM by fundamental design.)
(10-18-2017, 09:59 AM)TrapperJ Wrote: What do you like location wise? I like Pathfinder dam, and of course the area from his fourth expedition.

" Bryan's book provides many details about Fremont's fourth. It covers the 34-man party's route from Bent's Fort on Nov.15, 1848, to El Pueblo and then through the Wet Mountains and the Sangre de Cristos; across the Wet Mountain and the San Luis valleys; into, up and back down the San Juan mountain range; and finally to Taos, N.M., where the men arrived Feb. 12, 1849 -- a total of 390 miles. "

I have been to the area in La Gartia where they got snowed in. Actually saw the biggest bear I've seen in the wild there.

Good stuff, Trapper J. I like the area where this explorer crossed paths with another explorer later on his journeys. The other one being possibly hinted at by f in ttotc also...Robert Redford.

In this way, there is no guessing which area is the only location that matches up between the two in the Rocky Mountains. I think one needs to dig a little harder on The Pathfinder’s areas of travel. Good luck!

Pays to be a winner.
10-19-2017, 03:56 PM,
I’ve seen many searchers comment about one or another line from the first stanza. Then I think to myself, do they ever consider that it may not be the correct approach to separate the first stanza lines when trying to decipher them. It may be that we have to consider them all together and what that resulting recipe represents.

Pays to be a winner.
10-21-2017, 12:07 AM,
(10-19-2017, 03:56 PM)fundamental design Wrote: I’ve seen many searchers comment about one or another line from the first stanza. Then I think to myself, do they ever consider that it may not be the correct approach to separate the first stanza lines when trying to decipher them. It may be that we have to consider them all together and what that resulting recipe represents.

I like this idea and think that it can be generalized something like this.

Fenn has stated there are nine clues. I think each clue is a collection of hints. Some clues have more hints, some have less. It may even be that a solved clue becomes part of the collection of hints for another clue. To elaborate on your comment, the first stanza could be considered a collection of hints to the first clue.
10-22-2017, 11:31 PM,
I wanted to dedicate this post to Kpro since she mentioned this thread recently.

Nov. 2015:
"No, many people have found the first clue but they didn’t know it. Until someone finds the treasure they will not know for sure that they have discovered the first clue." f

I saw this quote on another thread earlier today and I liked the discussion that was presented. Then, I had a thought pop up as this quote has really put many a searcher in a funk with what it says about discovering the first clue. All the more reason that my thread here could have it pegged correctly. A searcher could still ascertain some aspect of each “hint” as being known for sure before finding the treasure. This could lead a searcher on the right path, make the find possible and still jive with what f has said.

I better take a screenshot of my own post here. Smile

Pays to be a winner.
11-12-2017, 06:09 PM,
Don’t forget the importance of figuring out the hints.

This post dedicated to seanm...

"Well in my book there is a poem and there are 9 clues in the poem and the clues are in consecutive order; If you want to find the treasure chest, you have my book there, I'll tell you how to do it. Read the book just normally, the poem and the rest of the book, then go back and read the poem 6,8,10 times, study every line, every word, then after you do that read the book again slowly with the idea of looking for clues or hints that are in the book that will help you follow the clues. You can find the chest with just the clues, but there are hints in the book that will help you with the clues." ff -- Report From Santa Fe with Lorene Mills(May 13-16th 2011).

"What I tell people to do…if you’re really serious about looking for the treasure…get ‘The Thrill of the Chase’ and read it and then go back and read the poem over and over and over again. And then go back and read the book again, but slowly looking at every little abstract thing that might catch up in your brain, that might be a hint to help you with the clues. Any part of some is better than no part of any.” ff -- Moby Dickens Book Shop in Taos/11-2-13.

Don’t forget the possible action in the new book too.

Pays to be a winner.
11-12-2017, 08:16 PM,
(10-18-2017, 09:23 AM)fundamental design Wrote: I’ve got to believe that John Charles whatever refers to John Charles Fremont. Seems like the chances of f referring to anyone else are slim to none. The focus on the part of the story about his mom reinforces it.

@fd
It does't. Think about it a second; he doesn't want you to concentrate on John. whatever... ??? imo
just saying ss
11-12-2017, 11:43 PM,
He wants you to focus on Charles. Google the founding brothers of Methodism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Path To Success Silentfly 75 50,245 07-14-2016, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Silentfly
  Success Box decall 6 5,111 10-08-2015, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Buddy Allen
  The Book contains so many hints & clues, its ridiculous OR Are Forrests hints common to every place hes been ? SantaFe 23 15,041 03-06-2014, 12:29 AM
Last Post: deb