Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.2 Average
THE HINTS- VITAL TO SUCCESS
01-10-2018, 07:10 AM,
RE: THE HINTS- VITAL TO SUCCESS
(01-09-2018, 11:25 PM)Becky from WV Wrote: @Mindy - I'll now attempt to explain myself better about how I believe the hints are hidden in the stories of TTOTC. Let's assume FF's stories contain the following sentences.

#1 When I was 8 yrs old my brother Skippy & I were sent to spend Easter with my great Aunt Emma. She was my dad's mother's sister, & was she ever a terror. She was one of the most wicket people you could ever meet.

#2 She lived down the block from us, past the cemetery, & around the corner on Dambuster Street. I remember there was a pawn brokers shop across the street from Aunt Emma's house where I spent hours just looking in the window at all the goodies.

#3 Aunt Emma had three ducks & a dog named Rover. That crazy dog would do a half jump, half roll, & end up in a heap in the corner. He had no less than six plastic balls ... blue, yellow, red, green, black, & orange. I kid you not. And his name was Jaws. I guess Aunt Emma must have been a fan of the movie.

#4 Friends would often drop by to visit. Skippy & I used to hide behind the furniture whenever the Tea-Lady showed up. She had a face that looked as if it had been beaten with one of those wooden hammer kitchen utensils. I have since learned it was a mallet. She was one hard banana, & would squeeze & crush the pillows on the sofa until the stuffing threatened to burst loose. POP!

There are several words in those sentences that point to one thing. Can you discover what that is?

@jdigginsz - If you keep your secrets to yourself, there's NO chance of them being made public.

@becky,
The only thing I can think of this early in the morning is croquet. Lol.
Mindy's YouTube Channel and blog:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMAnEYj...UN1I6me_0g

http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
01-10-2018, 08:28 AM,
(01-10-2018, 07:10 AM)Mindy Wrote:
(01-09-2018, 11:25 PM)Becky from WV Wrote: @Mindy - I'll now attempt to explain myself better about how I believe the hints are hidden in the stories of TTOTC. Let's assume FF's stories contain the following sentences.
There are several words in those sentences that point to one thing. Can you discover what that is?

@becky,

I think you are both very tough competitors.
01-10-2018, 08:43 AM,
(01-10-2018, 08:28 AM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(01-10-2018, 07:10 AM)Mindy Wrote:

@becky,

I think you are both very tough competitors.

@BT,
I haven’t played croquet since I was a kid, but I think I’m fairly good at it. Or not... lol Smile

01-10-2018, 10:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-10-2018, 10:57 AM by fundamental design.)
(01-09-2018, 09:48 PM)legacyhelper Wrote:
(01-09-2018, 08:08 PM)fundamental design Wrote:
(01-09-2018, 07:48 PM)Skipper Wrote:
(01-09-2018, 06:30 PM)Mindy Wrote:
(01-09-2018, 06:08 PM)dejoka Wrote: Omar Khayyam did not die in the 1st quarter of the twelfth century.

And Eric Sloane didn’t die at a traffic light. Smile

And Robert Redford did write a book. lol.

My work here is done. Smile

Good one (one of many "good ones", that is). I have been amused by
dozens of comedians, and possibly dozens of online alter-egos. Perhaps
by creating another one, there would be some more of "your" work still undone.

Oh . . . about the hunt . . . I think any use of the word "quarter" may be
seen as a hint.

Then I’ll reconsider. I’ll try to sneak in an application to use GrizzledProspectorSkipperSuperflyMartyMcFlyIndiaBigJimFredEstaireKinasta as my new username...I’m sure that one hasn’t been used.

Thanks for sharing your idea that the use of quarter could be used as a hint.

That brings me to a thought...

Some searchers say that the problem gets exponentially larger if one takes the route of looking for hints in ttotc book (they usually leave out the thought that there could be a hint in the poem too). Basically, they say it’s hard enough to try and figure out all the clues in the poem. Add to that an over abundance of confirmation bias in picking out what is a hint in the book.

I think that’s a simple explanation that really doesn’t go that deep into possibilities of how f set his hunt up. In general, we know that f has told us which clue is the toughest to figure out. He has done so in many statements about the first clue. Like if you don’t have that one nailed down you don’t have anything. So, f knows and has told us the first clue is the toughest and the clues get easier from there.

It’s hard to come up with the correct wwwh, out of the many out there, by just using the biwwwh line in the poem. F knows this. So, he could have accounted for this in his design. Then reinforce that when he gave his best advice for finding the tc.

F could have made the few hints in ttotc easier to figure out than figuring out the first clue by itself. It’s also understandable that f could have made the few hints in the book facts but have an aberration within his story about them. When one uncovers the actual fact, they can be used to make an X on a map. It’s understandable that f could have only inserted in the book a few instances of that approach therefore it’s not as tough to pick out the actual hints as some assume. The poem can have an instance of some story that points to the same distinct area on a map.

This is why the hints can be easier to find and use than just looking at the clues to figure out the clues, imo.

Pays to be a winner.
01-10-2018, 12:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-10-2018, 12:01 PM by Becky from WV.)
@Mindy - CROQUET! Excellent! I believe that's exactly HOW the hints are hidden in FF's stories. The words are normal, but they also refer to something else ... ONE thing. However, if a searcher is NOT familiar with the game or the terminology, it would be IMPOSSIBLE for him/her to make that connection. See what I mean?

Remember FF gave us that word "crean"? I think he said it means a car being dented up or something like that. Anyway it is NOT in use anymore ... yet FF knows it. I mean he knows the meaning of that obsolete word. I truly believe the poem solve is simple, Mindy ... IF you know FF's terminology. Did explain it well enough?
01-10-2018, 12:14 PM,
(01-09-2018, 11:26 PM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(01-09-2018, 10:07 PM)jdigginsz Wrote: My intent was not to bring questionability to Mindy, please don't read it that way.

I think dejoka likes to take cheap shots whenever he/she can, especially after sincere apologies are offered. Does dejoka ever offer any posts of value? Just wondering.

I charge at least a nickel, sometimes a quarter, for my cheap shots.

i know where the power of a quarter leads a person to,it is a place with so much imagination,if i posted it and yall googled it ,there would be hundreds of people there tomorrow
******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
01-10-2018, 12:21 PM,
(01-10-2018, 12:01 PM)Becky from WV Wrote: @Mindy - CROQUET! Excellent! I believe that's exactly HOW the hints are hidden in FF's stories. The words are normal, but they also refer to something else ... ONE thing. However, if a searcher is NOT familiar with the game or the terminology, it would be IMPOSSIBLE for him/her to make that connection. See what I mean?

Remember FF gave us that word "crean"? I think he said it means a car being dented up or something like that. Anyway it is NOT in use anymore ... yet FF knows it. I mean he knows the meaning of that obsolete word. I truly believe the poem solve is simple, Mindy ... IF you know FF's terminology. Did explain it well enough?

Yes, and that’s the theory I lean toward the most...it’s for that reason I bought a dictionary of obsolete words...

Remember how he always says that he’s like someone to ask “what color is a daffodil?” Well, in the obsolete dictionary, there’s an entry:

Butter and eggs: daffodils

Smile

01-10-2018, 12:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-10-2018, 12:27 PM by Becky from WV.)
@Mindy - So how would that word "daffodils" have been used in a sentence? Maybe in an eatery where the cook would ask someone else to hand him the "daffodils" ... meaning the butter & eggs?

Give me another obsolete word, if you can. I don't have that dictionary.

PS - We may be on to something important.
01-10-2018, 01:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-10-2018, 01:44 PM by Mindy.)
THE HINTS- VITAL TO SUCCESS
(01-10-2018, 12:27 PM)Becky from WV Wrote: @Mindy - So how would that word "daffodils" have been used in a sentence? Maybe in an eatery where the cook would ask someone else to hand him the "daffodils" ... meaning the butter & eggs?

Give me another obsolete word, if you can. I don't have that dictionary.

PS - We may be on to something important.

Let me grab me notes....I have a little time right now...

Butter-and eggs was the archaic term for a daffodil. It doesn’t say slang or how they used it. Here’s the book I’m looking at, and the entry (I just realaized I’m not in a Tapatalk, so I’ll add the pics in a few):

[Image: 6594be9b93dab526fdc15fb053d64dfd.jpg]

[Image: f294c605f3f0a30ee40ee07383da3dbd.jpg]

And here are some archaic meanings you probably won’t find online for other poem words (from volume one of this 2 volume set)

BRAVE:
1. Finely dressed, GOOD
2. A boast, a vaunt.
3. A bravo, a ruffian
4. WELL, in good health
5. A TROPHY

BUT:
This one had many definitions—I’ll include all of them to give folks an idea of the diversity of word meanings—
1. A peculiar kind of conical basket used for catching salmon.
2. A cast; a throw.
3. Contended or struggled with
4. A founder or place
5. Without, unless
6. A piece of ground, portion of a garden. Also the thick or fleshy part of a plant.
7. A shoemakers knife
8. A buttock of beef
9. Any large vessel or cart
10. Strong leather
11. “But and ben” the inner and outer part of only two rooms
12. A hassock
13. A beehive
14. Suddenly
15. A kind of cap
16. Rough or ragged
17. To exchange or barter.

CAN:
1. A milk pail
2. To know
3. To be able
4. Began to

COLD:
1. Could; knew
2. To grow cold
3. Sober; serious
4. Nothing to the point or purpose

DOWN:
1. A company of hares
2. To knock down, TO FALL
3. Sickly, poorly
4. Disconsolate, cast down
5. A HILL
6. Having one’s eye nearly blind
7. A BANK OF SAND.

FAR:
1. “I will not.”

HALT:
1. A shrub, a copse
2. Held, KEPT
3. A strong hamper, as used with a pack saddle
4. Animal deposit

HINT:
1. Seized, took
2. A cause or subject

And here’s one I think is pretty good:

A RICHARD-SWARY was a dictionary. (Riches old and. Ew?)
I’ll post some J-Z words later if anyone wants. And if anyone has a particular word you want me to look up, let me know.

01-10-2018, 02:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-10-2018, 02:17 PM by pidmt.)
when fenn 1st said there was no human trail in close proximaty to the tc.he said this PROXIMATY not proximity i finally found the definition for that word it means anchor
******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Path To Success Silentfly 75 50,117 07-14-2016, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Silentfly
  Success Box decall 6 5,088 10-08-2015, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Buddy Allen
  The Book contains so many hints & clues, its ridiculous OR Are Forrests hints common to every place hes been ? SantaFe 23 15,021 03-06-2014, 12:29 AM
Last Post: deb