Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.2 Average
THE HINTS- VITAL TO SUCCESS
06-07-2018, 09:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-07-2018, 09:04 PM by Top Secret.)
RE: THE HINTS- VITAL TO SUCCESS
(06-06-2018, 11:34 AM)Seannm Wrote: But if we cannot, with any level of certainty, identify what those hints are within the 28,000 +/- words in the book, how can we even then understand how they are the supposed to"help" us? (that's a rhetorical question) I mean has Forrest not told us that we cannot know that we have the first clue correct until we have the treasure, then is it not fair to infer that we then cannot know with any certainty what those subtle hints are within the book prior to discovering the chest?

Seannm
Anyone who thinks this way or believes in this line of thinking, has a defeatist attitude and will NOT succeed at Fenn's challenge. This is very flawed logic. You look at Fenn's words too simplistically and have not thought hard enough to understand his intent. There are many things you have not considered which clearly explains Fenn's statement. If one bases the foundation of their solve upon this logic, then they may find cracks in that foundation.

I recommend that you go back and think a little, well a lot harder and longer. It may then come to you.
06-08-2018, 07:43 AM,
(06-07-2018, 09:47 PM)brubr Wrote:
(06-07-2018, 09:00 PM)Top Secret Wrote:
(06-06-2018, 11:34 AM)Seannm Wrote: But if we cannot, with any level of certainty, identify what those hints are within the 28,000 +/- words in the book, how can we even then understand how they are the supposed to"help" us? (that's a rhetorical question) I mean has Forrest not told us that we cannot know that we have the first clue correct until we have the treasure, then is it not fair to infer that we then cannot know with any certainty what those subtle hints are within the book prior to discovering the chest?

Seannm
Anyone who thinks this way or believes in this line of thinking, has a defeatist attitude and will NOT succeed at Fenn's challenge. This is very flawed logic. You look at Fenn's words too simplistically and have not thought hard enough to understand his intent. There are many things you have not considered which clearly explains Fenn's statement. If one bases the foundation of their solve upon this logic, then they may find cracks in that foundation.

I recommend that you go back and think a little, well a lot harder and longer. It may then come to you.

Ignore him, TS. About all Sean will produce in this treasure hunt is a string of videos expounding wrong ideas. E.g., one sentence = one clue.
Good advice, that dialogue was a really one of the better ones...

sean: "All, gather around I have to tell you what a great thinker I am"

Forrest Fenn: "Oh man, here we go again"

sean: "9 sentences are the 9 clues, ain't I the greatest mind in the chase?"

Forrest Fenn: "Ah sean, clue one is the second sentence, WWWH"

sean: "No its not, who are you to tell me how to think?"

Forrest Fenn: " Ok sean you know best, carry on..."
06-08-2018, 09:00 AM,
(06-06-2018, 11:34 AM)Seannm Wrote: And while my methodology to solving this maybe different than yours, is does not take away from how you go about solving it, I just chose to limit the amount of what I call noise.

Seannm

Some peopre make riving extlacting signar flom noisy data.
06-08-2018, 09:01 AM,
(06-07-2018, 09:00 PM)Top Secret Wrote:

Seannm

I’m surprised that Sean, being the flip side guy, doesn’t infer the opposite of what he says here...I mean has Forrest not told us that we cannot know that we have the first clue correct until we have the treasure, then is it not fair to infer that we then cannot know with any certainty what those subtle hints are within the book prior to discovering the chest?

Sean is making our point for us with that f quote. Combining that quote with other well known f quotes about having to nail down the first clue or stay home and play Canasta makes for a reasonable case of knowability of the hints. F hasn’t ruled out that some aspect of the hints can be known prior to the treasure being found unlike the first clue quote Sean posted. F’s following quote explains...The hints in The Thrill of the Chase text will not be made public because they would say more than I want to reveal. Discovering which hints to use is part of the mystery.

Pays to be a winner.
06-08-2018, 12:48 PM,
All,

I have read through the responses to my response to Fundamental design. What should be clear to any rational thinker is that my methodology to solving this does not take away from any one else's way of solving this because the method of a poem purist sticks with just the core evidence provide, the poem. And if you chose to use the poem and other things such as the books and all else, that is just in addition to the poem. So just sticking with the words in the poem does not by any means take away from others methodology. So to say I am wrong, or that my methodology is flawed is simply short sighted and more than likely just a personal thing with you, not me.

It seems as though you all are more interesting in attempting to prove another wrong rather than objectively look at "The Flip Side" of the debate, and that is just expensive folley, because no ones ideas or theories can be proven right or wrong until they are and that cannot happen until the treasure is found.

Seannn
06-08-2018, 01:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-09-2018, 07:55 PM by Top Secret.)
(06-08-2018, 12:48 PM)Seannm Wrote: It seems as though you all are more interesting in attempting to prove another wrong rather than objectively look at "The Flip Side" of the debate, and that is just expensive folley, because no ones ideas or theories can be proven right or wrong until they are and that cannot happen until the treasure is found.

Seannn
Same could be said about you. Fundamental Design made a good point, that you finally figured out and you just repeated to make it sound like its your idea.You've got nothing we haven't discussed, we just don't like being told how to think. At CC we feel we can discuss freely each other's concepts without censoring opposing thoughts and giving the illusion that everyone agrees with YOUR thinking.

It is pretty obvious from your past tactics of using multiple aliases to attack members here, that your sudden appearance is to cause drama, so this will be my last response to you, but people should know that you are a self-serving creep looking for material to talk about on your blog bashing paranoid rampage.

I am a poem focused searcher (purist sounds too much like the second coming) but I don't try and tell people how to think, but I do tell those self-serving "media hounds" who like to grand stand and "teach" us "dumb searchers" how to think where to go. So back to your camera room and talk to yourself and your select group of censored robots, because we are tired of you calling down anyone who doesn't agree with you, the Jesus Christ of the Chase.
06-08-2018, 02:59 PM,
(06-08-2018, 01:20 PM)Top Secret Wrote:
(06-08-2018, 12:48 PM)Seannm Wrote: It seems as though you all are more interesting in attempting to prove another wrong rather than objectively look at "The Flip Side" of the debate, and that is just expensive folley, because no ones ideas or theories can be proven right or wrong until they are and that cannot happen until the treasure is found.

Seannn
Same could be said about you - so STFU! Fundamental Design made a good point, that you finally figured out and you just repeated to make it sound like its your idea.You've got nothing we haven't discussed, we just don't like being told how to think. At CC we feel we can discuss freely each other's concepts without censoring opposing thoughts and giving the illusion that everyone agrees with YOUR thinking.

It is pretty obvious from your past tactics of using multiple aliases to attack members here, that your sudden appearance is to cause drama, so this will be my last response to you, but people should know that you are a self-serving creep looking for material to talk about on your blog bashing paranoid rampage.

I am a poem focused searcher (purist sounds too much like the second coming) but I don't try and tell people how to think, but I do tell those self-serving "media hounds" who like to grand stand and "teach" us "dumb searchers" how to think where to go. So back to your camera room and talk to yourself and your select group of censored robots, because we are tired of you calling down anyone who doesn't agree with you, the Jesus Christ of the Chase.
Top Secret,

Please site where you believe I have attempted to prove others are wrong, because I believe I have not done that here. I have recently stated that Fundamental design and I just approach this in a different way, so I don’t believe I said he was wrong nor did I attempt to prove he is wrong. And any attempts to do so in this endeavor Would be an exercise in futility, in my opinion. Now yes, I believe that attempting to isolate the hints in the book may lead one down a myriad of rabbit holes, and may never provide one with certainty, but that is strictly my opinion, and in no way does that prove that the hints cannot help someone with the clues, how they help is of course up to interpretation.

And I don’t believe I’m trying to tell anyone how to think, your all free thinkers, I believe, and have the ability to filter out that which you want to listen to, myself included. (Hint: There is an ignore feature)

And no I am not here to cause drama my friend. I simply answered Fundamental design’s post, one in which he called me out by name. It was you, who then decided to interject yourself into the conversation, with what I felt was some pretty harsh criticism directed at my character, which you are of course completely entitled to do. But you were just as entitled to ignore my comments, but did not, and apparently cannot. So there is that.

Either way, have a nice day. Wink

Seannm
06-08-2018, 03:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-08-2018, 04:36 PM by minotaur_moreno.)
For the record, I believe that both the "poem purists" and the searchers that believe you need TTOTC to find the treasure, like myself, will ultimately be correct.

IMO, once it is found, the poem purists will be able to say, "See, just like I said, it was all right there in the poem for you to find it."

I also believe, the searchers who use TTOTC will be able to say, "See, I told you. Look at that hint right there in the book that helps you unlock that clue in the poem. Without unlocking that hint you would've never been able to find the chest with any amount of confidence to go and check unless you were already familiar with the area."

MM
06-08-2018, 03:53 PM,
(06-08-2018, 03:36 PM)minotaur_moreno Wrote: For the record, I believe that both the "poem purists" and the searchers that believe you need TTOTC to find the treasure, like myself, will ultimately be correct.

IMO, once it is found, the poem purists will be able to say, "See, just like I said, it was all right there in the poem for you to find it."

I also believe, the searchers who use TTOTC will be able to say, "See, I told you. Look at that hint right there in the book that helps you unlock that clue in the poem. Without unlocking that hint you would've never been able to find the chest with any amount of confidence to go and check unless you were already familiar with the area."

MM

Nothing better breeds good judgement but failure, and confidence is best gained through that experience.

Seannm
06-08-2018, 04:10 PM,
(06-08-2018, 02:59 PM)Seannm Wrote: All,
I am the Chase's smartest treasure hunter, come and see me talk about myself on my self-centered youtube show, where you can see how perfect I really am.
Seannm
[Image: Ev657E0.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Path To Success Silentfly 75 50,070 07-14-2016, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Silentfly
  Success Box decall 6 5,083 10-08-2015, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Buddy Allen
  The Book contains so many hints & clues, its ridiculous OR Are Forrests hints common to every place hes been ? SantaFe 23 15,005 03-06-2014, 12:29 AM
Last Post: deb