Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.2 Average
THE HINTS- VITAL TO SUCCESS
11-02-2018, 08:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-03-2018, 08:27 AM by trigace.)
RE: THE HINTS- VITAL TO SUCCESS
I think the key words that Forrest is talking about are words that specifically describe the final search area. They aren't words from the poem. Everyone knows what the poem words are. But everyone doesn't know what is at the final search area and what you have to do at the final search area. If you can tell him that, he knows you are getting close. That is what he is looking for when he scans searcher emails.

"Three people have said key words." Or, it could be that one person has said key words three different times.
11-02-2018, 10:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-02-2018, 10:15 AM by John Brown.)
(10-16-2018, 06:18 AM)fundamental design Wrote: I saw one thing in f’s response about the little girl from India that I haven’t seen mentioned before.

- The little girl in India cannot get closer than the first two clues. There are many disabled people who are deeply into maps and geography, and they are having a lot of fun.

I can’t recall much, or any, discussion about f’s second sentence. He brings up many disabled people who are deeply into maps. I’d say f is mysteriously alluding that they have more detailed maps than the little girl from India when comparing just her one map of the entire Rockies. How could it mean anything else?

We also have the part that they are having a lot of fun. Some searchers, without analyzing that, might assume f is alluding to an upper limit where the best they can do is have lots of fun exploring their different detailed maps and geography. But, nowhere does it say that is the upper limit. F certainly could have tried to mask the real possibility that those many disabled people, if participating in the Chase, would be able to get more clues solved from where they live than the little girl from India with the better resources they have at their disposal as the question and answer allowed.

It’s just f’s tricky weaving of the possibilities that hide the truth.

Problem is that the internet is the great equalizer. Any information on the internet that the disabled can obtain, the little girl from India can also obtain. Earthpoint has free USGS overlays for google earth. Moreover, all the USGS quads are freely available on the internet. You can print them out and tape them together into as large a topo map as you have the patience to construct. there is, however, information in various libraries that cannot be found. My first failed attempt (which at one point I figured had a 2% chance of being correct and offered to cover 1-50 bets, meaning if you won I'd pay you 1 and if I I won you'd pay me 50, which led unscrupulous CC-ers to tell lies about me, go figure) relied on that notion. I obtained maps that were blacked out from the internet by going to the UNM library. that was a great lesson in what constitutes coincidence. In those days I was obsessed with 42 and 242 and so on. My map was created by William Boone Douglass who is said to have "discovered" Rainbow Bridge. In the article my map came from he discussed Gallina ruins in two New Mexican PLSS townships. Douglass reused numbers in the two townships. We found a ruin 42 in both townships. the line connecting them was on the bearing 242 and passed through a notch between two mountains. On the winter solstice the sun set in that notch. A 15 mile long rainbow, what better blaze than the sun? Complete crap. It might be that Douglass, being a rianbow guy, had gleaned this and deliberately labeled those ruins "42". Or it was complete random chance. Que so what, so what.
11-02-2018, 10:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-02-2018, 10:42 AM by fundamental design.)
(11-02-2018, 10:14 AM)John Brown Wrote:
(10-16-2018, 06:18 AM)fundamental design Wrote: I saw one thing in f’s response about the little girl from India that I haven’t seen mentioned before.

- The little girl in India cannot get closer than the first two clues. There are many disabled people who are deeply into maps and geography, and they are having a lot of fun.

I can’t recall much, or any, discussion about f’s second sentence. He brings up many disabled people who are deeply into maps. I’d say f is mysteriously alluding that they have more detailed maps than the little girl from India when comparing just her one map of the entire Rockies. How could it mean anything else?

We also have the part that they are having a lot of fun. Some searchers, without analyzing that, might assume f is alluding to an upper limit where the best they can do is have lots of fun exploring their different detailed maps and geography. But, nowhere does it say that is the upper limit. F certainly could have tried to mask the real possibility that those many disabled people, if participating in the Chase, would be able to get more clues solved from where they live than the little girl from India with the better resources they have at their disposal as the question and answer allowed.

It’s just f’s tricky weaving of the possibilities that hide the truth.
Problem is that the internet is the great equalizer. Any information on the internet that the disabled can obtain, the little girl from India can also obtain. Earthpoint has free USGS overlays for google earth. Moreover, all the USGS quads are freely available on the internet. You can print them out and tape them together into as large a topo map as you have the patience to construct. there is, however, information in various libraries that cannot be found. My first failed attempt (which at one point I figured had a 2% chance of being correct and offered to cover 1-50 bets, meaning if you won I'd pay you 1 and if I I won you'd pay me 50, which led unscrupulous CC-ers to tell lies about me, go figure) relied on that notion. I obtained maps that were blacked out from the internet by going to the UNM library. that was a great lesson in what constitutes coincidence. In those days I was obsessed with 42 and 242 and so on. My map was created by William Boone Douglass who is said to have "discovered" Rainbow Bridge. In the article my map came from he discussed Gallina ruins in two New Mexican PLSS townships. Douglass reused numbers in the two townships. We found a ruin 42 in both townships. the line connecting them was on the bearing 242 and passed through a notch between two mountains. On the winter solstice the sun set in that notch. A 15 mile long rainbow, what better blaze than the sun? Complete crap. It might be that Douglass, being a rianbow guy, had gleaned this and deliberately labeled those ruins "42". Or it was complete random chance. Que so what, so what.

I would have enjoyed watching your solution unfold and gone botg with you on that one...it sounds fascinating.

You did say- Problem is that the internet is the great equalizer. Any information on the internet that the disabled can obtain, the little girl from India can also obtain.

But, this isn’t true for the way the hypothetical question was laid out. The little girl from India only is allowed her one map of the Rocky Mountains. The disabled that f brings into the answer get to use all the maps that they are deeply into (maps and geography). F changed the conditions of the question for the disabled by how he answered.

You’re right that any searcher that isn’t the little girl from India doesn’t have the same constraints placed on them as was placed on her with the way the question was posed.

I want to reply to trigrace’s comments as they are thought provoking. I’ll post as soon as I can after I compose my thoughts.

Pays to be a winner.
11-02-2018, 11:11 AM,
(11-02-2018, 10:37 AM)fundamental design Wrote: I would have enjoyed watching your solution unfold and gone botg with you on that one...it sounds fascinating.

I always try to learn something. Now I focus on weaknesses rather than strengths. the article I used was entitled "the small house people". Fenn's house in temple was small and he had that nice picture of it. I found all sorts of "support" that was simply chance. I was led to the Gallina by the line "two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead". All the Gallina whose remains have been found died violent deaths. Frank Hibben who was a character in his own right, and about whose fraudulent research Doug Preston wrote the following piece: https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/1995/...andia-cave

Frank Hibben wrote a 1942 article in the Saturday Evening Post about the Gallina. I figured that was what all the Rockwell stuff was about since Rockwell's most famous works were the covers of the SEP. All coincidence. When someone says that they have "confirmation" of their solution, I pay very little attention. When they say "if CAN't be coincidence" I stop listening entirely.
11-02-2018, 03:27 PM,
I never stop listening.

Pays to be a winner.
11-02-2018, 09:49 PM,
(11-02-2018, 03:27 PM)fundamental design Wrote: I never stop listening.

How good do you listen?
11-03-2018, 04:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-03-2018, 05:09 AM by fundamental design.)
(11-02-2018, 09:49 PM)John Brown Wrote:
(11-02-2018, 03:27 PM)fundamental design Wrote: I never stop listening.

How good do you listen?

Successfully enough to learn.

(11-02-2018, 08:55 AM)trigace Wrote: I think the key words that Forrest is talking about are words that specifically describe the final search area. They aren't words from the poem. Everyone knows what the poem words are. But everyone doesn't know what is at the final search area and what you have to do at the final search area. If you can tell him that, he knows you are getting close. That is what he is looking for when he scans searcher emails.

"Three people have said key words." Or, it could be that one person has said keys words three different times.

Here’s my take on this.

I think the key words are from the poem. I initially thought there was a word outside of the poem that was important. I still do but have have since gained an appreciation for a 3 or 4 key word set up. I’ve written about this idea for awhile now (ingredients in a recipe approach).

Just because everyone knows the poem words doesn’t mean to me that they are using 3 or so of the words in a correct sequence like a numbered 3 digit combination or getting a recipe correct.

I think these key words are the first step in figuring out the correct geographical area near wwwh. I think once someone correctly deciphers the clues up to the blaze that these same key words make up the blaze. The beginning and the end.

Pays to be a winner.
11-03-2018, 08:11 AM,
@fd I think you are totally correct in the observation that the poem has the correct KEY. When you discover it you will have another definite key confirmation from the poem. You will have only one location area to consider; IMO... The proper section must be determined and then you must disccover the power of the quarter. From that discovery you will use the war for me to be spot on more or less!!! IMO
One more trip in the snow if I must; it's 1500+ miles one way travel... That does not mean you cannot use hints outside information to discover the proper location IMO...
just saying ss
11-03-2018, 09:12 AM,
(11-03-2018, 08:11 AM)easternOHsteve Wrote: @fd I think you are totally correct in the observation that the poem has the correct KEY. When you discover it you will have another definite key confirmation from the poem. You will have only one location area to consider; IMO... The proper section must be determined and then you must disccover the power of the quarter. From that discovery you will use the war for me to be spot on more or less!!! IMO
One more trip in the snow if I must; it's 1500+ miles one way travel... That does not mean you cannot use hints outside information to discover the proper location IMO...

Good luck and stay safe out there!

Pays to be a winner.
11-19-2018, 07:34 AM,
It’s interesting to see, on the one hand, searchers posting that as time goes on they are having a more difficult time posting about how to solve f’s poem.

On the other hand, how ChaseChat doesn’t provide any value with its current content. Ummm, look at the other hand above...that explains things.

You got others directing that they want others to talk about (Chase) content. Then, when they get their opportunity to talk about the content they promise it’s really just noise and non compelling. Like watching others speculate about if f took the tc first or loot first from vehicle during his two trip afternoon is worth wild to watch.

I think we need to better focus on what makes for good content going forward. The bar has been set for what makes good content. Many recognize that ChaseChat has been instrumental in helping set that bar.

Pays to be a winner.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Path To Success Silentfly 75 50,244 07-14-2016, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Silentfly
  Success Box decall 6 5,111 10-08-2015, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Buddy Allen
  The Book contains so many hints & clues, its ridiculous OR Are Forrests hints common to every place hes been ? SantaFe 23 15,041 03-06-2014, 12:29 AM
Last Post: deb