Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.2 Average
THE HINTS- VITAL TO SUCCESS
07-12-2019, 08:24 AM,
RE: THE HINTS- VITAL TO SUCCESS
Chuck D taught me there’s always a flip side.

Pays to be a winner.
07-14-2019, 09:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-14-2019, 09:29 AM by fundamental design.)
Seannm has been asking this question: How many of you believe it is possible to identify the correct starting point with just the poem and a map?

Justin said elsewhere:

I feel the odds of u finding the chest just using the poem and a map is similar to a person winning Powerball. Possible, yes. Probable, no.

Realistically, you only have a real shot at finding the chest with the poem, a map, and TTOTC.

mm

Seannm’s reply:

Thank you, that I would believe is an answer in the affirmative, no matter the odds.The Powerball, however, is about chance or luck, and this shouldn't be about luck, it is supposed to be earned, and earned though thinking and analyzing not just random number picking in hopes of getting lucky.

Seannm

————————————-
Justin’s point is about what he feels the “odds” are in finding the tc with just the poem and a map. He just compared those odds to another, different undertaking which is winning the Powerball. One can compare two different undertakings’ odds while not comparing the route, or effort, taken to achieve success. It’s interesting that Sean didn’t dispute the odds that Justin gave. I think it’s important to keep those odds in mind because if that’s were the odds are basically at, then serious searchers would prbly admit to themselves that they need “help with the clues”...hence the hints.

I think Seannm’s question is just a basic level question like one asks themselves within the first month of their Chase.

The next level question is do you think it’s possible to identify the correct starting point with just the clues in the poem and a map? If you answer no, then refer back to Justin’s reply above and the rest of this post.

Pays to be a winner.
07-14-2019, 10:42 AM,
"The Powerball, however, is about chance or luck, and this shouldn't be about luck, it is supposed to be earned, and earned though thinking and analyzing not just random number picking in hopes of getting lucky. ~Seannm"

This is where sean dorkson missed the point entirely. Fenn said a person can solve the poem with only the poem and that is what dorkson hangs his hat on. Continuing with MM's Powerball analogy. Dorkson buys only one ticket with the poem (because he believes that only one is needed to win). However, if one uses the TTOTC, and any other of Fenn's suggestions to find the treasure it is effectively like buying a million tickets. That in itself doesn't guarantee a win, but who has the better odds of winning? Dorkson with his one ticket (poem) or the million ticket purchaser (the one who uses all tools suggested by Fenn)?

It is all about the odds, and for that sean Dorkson needs to go back to school to figure out.
07-14-2019, 10:43 AM,
You could get the starting point with just the poem. I didn't; I used the book hints. Even with the book, you have to pore over the maps and try out different ideas. But I could see how someone could put the first few clues together with just the book.
07-14-2019, 11:24 AM,
(07-14-2019, 10:43 AM)dude here Wrote: You could get the starting point with just the poem. I didn't; I used the book hints. Even with the book, you have to pore over the maps and try out different ideas. But I could see how someone could put the first few clues together with just the book.
The more ambiguous something is the more likely they can get something to match, so yes so very easy to get a starting point from he poem because it is the most vague source Fenn has provided.

So how do you reduce the thousands of possible starting locations? With other Fenn provided information like not in UTAH. Use the TTOTC and you will likely find something concrete (but subtle) to eliminate the poem derived a starting points. Either way, the correct starting point is meaningless unless you have the Fenn technique. He has confirmed a significant amount (too many to count) have got first clue correct and many have the first two, but that doesn't do them any good. So who cares.
07-14-2019, 02:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-14-2019, 02:19 PM by Beavertooth.)
(07-14-2019, 11:24 AM)Top Secret Wrote: e has confirmed a significant amount (too many to count) have got first clue correct and many have the first two, but that doesn't do them any good.

Your phrasing suggests "got the first clue correct" should mean "solved the first clue." I don't think Fenn ever said this.

Determining which lines of the poem are "the first clue" doesn't mean you have solved that clue.

I believe the poem can and does define WWWH to a very high level of probability, so I think the Powerball comparison by mm is too extreme. However, I will admit that hints in TTOTC gave me confidence in solving that clue before I figured out how to solve for it using just the poem. I now believe you can get to the unique WWWH with just the poem alone. Whether it may take longer, I can't say. It depends on how you approach it. I used the long way around. The short way is easier, if you know how to attack the poem.

Once you have WWWH, I think your chances improve to 3,000:1 or perhaps to 1,000:1 -- much better than Powerball. I think some of the following clues are tougher to solve than Fenn lets on. Even with the 9th clue "solved" I think your odds are still in the 100:1 range or higher.
07-14-2019, 02:25 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-14-2019, 02:33 PM by lingerlonger.)
7:1
7D or 8D
when he "hid it"
not the chest
the blaze

(08-29-2017, 07:50 AM)Mindy Wrote:
(08-28-2017, 10:27 PM)Kpro Wrote: In general incredible solves by leading searchers have been stopped by mere ants, so let's just say anything is possible, right? Absolutes are useless , imo.

Kpro

Email: kpro3@aol.com

Kpro,
I don't understand why you feel the need to take constant digs at me. And in this same thread, which I did not post and may not necessarily agree with, you say "some," in reference to searchers who you think "want to be famous and start drama." Would you be willing to say who "some" are, and how "some" intended to start drama with "their" posts?

And yeah, harvester ants (yes, not fire ants, but just as nasty) can definitely stop a search. Look it up. Especially if your allergic to insect stings/bites.

And although the ants (and impending darkness--you left that part out) did hasten our departure, I'm pretty sure I said we were not "searching" at Tsankawi. Facts repeated wrong, again. Fake news.

Come on kpro, haven't you always proclaimed to be "fair?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gz mistur
all this talk of leaders and their own imaginary worlds has made me even hungrier than you are...

How many of Kpros searches have been halted by ants? I can guess why she doesn't like us all day, but I'm busy tending my antfarms.
07-14-2019, 03:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-14-2019, 03:45 PM by Top Secret.)
(07-14-2019, 02:17 PM)Beavertooth Wrote:
(07-14-2019, 11:24 AM)Top Secret Wrote: e has confirmed a significant amount (too many to count) have got first clue correct and many have the first two, but that doesn't do them any good.

Your phrasing suggests "got the first clue correct" should mean "solved the first clue." I don't think Fenn ever said this.
BT you really have a bad habit of assuming, don't you? Of course alligning the poem with the correct geographical location has nothing to do with solving it. Otherwise I would have use the word "solve."

(07-14-2019, 02:17 PM)Beavertooth Wrote: I believe the poem can and does define WWWH to a very high level of probability, so I think the Powerball comparison by mm is too extreme.
Do you have a chest to back that up? Oh sorry, I mean treasure chest, don't need another assumption outa yah.(wink)

(07-14-2019, 02:17 PM)Beavertooth Wrote: I believe the poem can and does define WWWH to a very high level of probability, so I think the Powerball comparison by mm is too extreme.
What did you find in TTOTC that is subtle that confirms your "high level probability?"
07-14-2019, 05:39 PM,
LOL

Some have no clue whatsoever.

The refuge of the weak mind is always "You don't have the chest, so your comments have no real value". Serious searchers like to compete against those with closed minds.

There is nothing subtle about the hints in TTOTC, once you realize how they fit together. More like 2X4's slapping the side of your head when you see them. There are quite a lot of them. And don't expect to get hints from those you like to ridicule. How's that working out for you so far?

Good luck in your Chase.
07-14-2019, 05:54 PM,
(07-14-2019, 05:39 PM)Beavertooth Wrote: LOL

Some have no clue whatsoever.

The refuge of the weak mind is always "You don't have the chest, so your comments have no real value". Serious searchers like to compete against those with closed minds.

There is nothing subtle about the hints in TTOTC, once you realize how they fit together. More like 2X4's slapping the side of your head when you see them. There are quite a lot of them. And don't expect to get hints from those you like to ridicule. How's that working out for you so far?

Good luck in your Chase.
I guess it is working about as well as it is for you! I guess you didn't catch the sarcasm of the show the chest? My flawed argument is a mirror of your flawed argument. I guess I could give you another example, "So you are calling Fenn a liar?" with you telling me the hints aren't subtle.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Path To Success Silentfly 75 50,077 07-14-2016, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Silentfly
  Success Box decall 6 5,084 10-08-2015, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Buddy Allen
  The Book contains so many hints & clues, its ridiculous OR Are Forrests hints common to every place hes been ? SantaFe 23 15,006 03-06-2014, 12:29 AM
Last Post: deb