Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.2 Average
THE HINTS- VITAL TO SUCCESS
10-10-2019, 08:37 AM,
RE: THE HINTS- VITAL TO SUCCESS
You hear from a few searchers that are in the nine sentences are the nine clues camp things like “what about worth the cold” and what are the last two stanzas about it they aren’t clues.

It’s interesting that f replied to a question by saying this (Tarry Scant- search word: mystery)...

Will the subtle clues in the book be explained somewhere, sometime? (Maybe you have a book to be published once the chest is found?)

The hints in The Thrill of the Chase text will not be made public because they would say more than I want to reveal. Discovering which hints to use is part of the mystery.
——————————————————
Since part of the mystery, if one looks for hints in the book, is for us to determine what hints to use...isn’t by using the same f logic suggest it is possible for f to have a couple of stanzas in the poem that aren’t clues?

Howdy, Mister.
10-10-2019, 08:56 AM,
THE HINTS- VITAL TO SUCCESS
Forrest said there were 9 clues that, if followed precisely, will lead an average searcher to his treasure.

It’s possible for a line such as, “as I have gone alone in there” to be a clue that doesn’t lead you to the treasure.

razyfamily
10-10-2019, 08:59 PM,
Line 1 may also have 4-5 hints to location in just those few words. It is the most important line in our solve and when revealed will amaze you how much info he packed into 1 line. No anagrams either.
10-11-2019, 10:19 AM,
(10-10-2019, 08:59 PM)5GIRLS Wrote: Line 1 may also have 4-5 hints to location in just those few words. It is the most important line in our solve and when revealed will amaze you how much info he packed into 1 line. No anagrams either.

Very true! These are hints to the final search area, applicable only after you've solved most of the clues. So until you are sure that you've solved at least 5 or 6 of the clues, starting with WWWH, don't worry about the first line or even the first stanza.
These are all just my ideas. I hope no one uses them.
10-12-2019, 09:06 AM,
Leave it to Harry Fool to wake up and decide to write this foolishness. MDavis even liked the foolishness. Too hilarious, doll of Fundy? What are you talking about, dummies?

But, thanks for the vote of confidence that I can find the spot of the tc. Your lame thinking skills missed an easy solution for whatever problem you think I’d have after finding the tc. Sleep on it and try again tmrw.

Harry Fool
5:51 AM - Today#1
According to one of those great a-holes of the chase, the finder has apparently spurned the opportunity to get the chest:
THE POEM IS SOLVED AND THE FINDER HAS REJECTED THE TREASURE!
And then used the doll of Fundy kicking away the chest as proof of that

Well that would be a hoot if dumbo Fundy by some miracle actually did find the spot and then in his insanity walked away from it just to get back at F. In fact he is probably the only searcher insane enough to do that

Of course I have a different take of the chest at the feet of the Fundy doll. I believe F's telling him he will never get his hands on it! That he has kicked away any chance of that happening. Funny how many ways these things can be interpreted.
QuoteLike
mdavis19 likes this post

Howdy, Mister.
10-12-2019, 10:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-12-2019, 10:29 AM by fallingrock.)
He stale has an oddience?

Why are you worried about what he's saying?
He ain't got even a hint of a clue.
10-12-2019, 10:50 AM,
(10-12-2019, 09:06 AM)fundamental design Wrote: Leave it to Harry Fool to wake up and decide to write this foolishness. MDavis even liked the foolishness. Too hilarious, doll of Fundy? What are you talking about, dummies?

But, thanks for the vote of confidence that I can find the spot of the tc. Your lame thinking skills missed an easy solution for whatever problem you think I’d have after finding the tc. Sleep on it and try again tmrw.

Harry Fool
5:51 AM - Today#1
According to one of those great a-holes of the chase, the finder has apparently spurned the opportunity to get the chest:
THE POEM IS SOLVED AND THE FINDER HAS REJECTED THE TREASURE!
And then used the doll of Fundy kicking away the chest as proof of that

Well that would be a hoot if dumbo Fundy by some miracle actually did find the spot and then in his insanity walked away from it just to get back at F. In fact he is probably the only searcher insane enough to do that

Of course I have a different take of the chest at the feet of the Fundy doll. I believe F's telling him he will never get his hands on it! That he has kicked away any chance of that happening. Funny how many ways these things can be interpreted.
QuoteLike
mdavis19 likes this post
That is a perfect example of desperation combined with confirmation bias. Poor Hairy is questioning his obviously wrong wishful thinking. This is what goes on in the chase, there are many Hairys out there hoping, begging, praying they are lead searcher, but they are not even close. Just as love is blind, so are the Hairys of the chase.
10-14-2019, 08:43 AM,
(10-12-2019, 10:28 AM)fallingrock Wrote: He stale has an oddience?

Why are you worried about what he's saying?
He ain't got even a hint of a clue.

I’m not worried about it. It’s as Top Secret said above, it’s about finding things in the Chase that doesn’t make sense. I think it’s an important skill to keep honed which will help spot solutions to the hints and clues.

Take Hairy’s latest nonsensical comparison...

Harry Fool- 4 days ago#55
@Sacha to me its as clear as day : you are all pawns in his chess game with the exception of the lead searcher who keeps F's king in check. The LS is the kind of guy/girl who likes to go for the slow kill plucking away F's pawns one by one. It may take a while but the win is inevitable IMO.
———————————————————————————
What kind of stupid opponent are you playing against that you can keep their king in check by slow kill plucking away their pawns one by one? Dumb

Howdy, Mister.
10-29-2019, 08:43 PM,
Harry Fool is an idiot.

Btw, how many years in a row have you predicted that the tc would be found? Now, it’s next year.

Howdy, Mister.
11-01-2019, 08:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-01-2019, 08:50 PM by fundamental design.)
Sacha
2:38 PM - Today#9
If the LS exists, and this person had any indication that he/she/them were it, they would never state it publicly. Here's why:

1. Self preservation - if this person ran around bragging about this status, and could somehow convince everyone else they are this person, they would then become the fixation of that 7% of the population that is not mentally well. This could include everything from stalking and harrassment to attempted theft of their clues and solution. In addition, it would require telling others about the solution, which would actually create a footrace.

2. Intelligence - this person(s) would have proven to be smarter than the hundreds of thousands that came before him/her. This person would not want to risk unmasking him/herself in the chase community, because see reason 1.

3. Doubt - no matter how many clues he/she has solved, or thinks he/she has solved, there is know way of knowing the clues are correct for sure without posession of the chest, or Forrest saying so. The element of doubt will always exist in his/her mind until victory is in his/her hands.

Therefore, I conclude that any person claiming LS status in a public way lacks the intelligence and logical reasoning to actually be the LS. You can probably assume that these people have very little chance, if any, of becoming the victor.
——————————————
I don’t agree with much of the above. I mean, it sounds good on the surface but seems leaky...

The first line says state it publicly and in (1.) that has already changed to bragging about it. Two different things.

Somehow, they are suppose to be able to convince everyone else of their LS status but can’t even convince themselves (3. Doubt).

Then we have the often repeated sentiment that if f posted elements of the correct solve on a blog, it would be subjected to searchers ripping it to pieces.

(2. Intelligence) The conclusion of ‘any person claiming LS status in a public way lacks the intelligence and logical reasoning to actually be the LS.’ can actually mean that anyone who feels they are a contender for LS can publicly state such since it makes others sense this person is no threat. With many searchers having done so, a legit one can hide in the masses.

Also, maybe LS contenders/pretenders think the poem tells them somehow to spill the beans.

Howdy, Mister.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Path To Success Silentfly 75 39,649 07-14-2016, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Silentfly
  Success Box decall 6 4,015 10-08-2015, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Buddy Allen
  The Book contains so many hints & clues, its ridiculous OR Are Forrests hints common to every place hes been ? SantaFe 23 12,695 03-06-2014, 12:29 AM
Last Post: deb