Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plymouth and the Ruler
08-29-2017, 08:33 PM,
Plymouth and the Ruler
The Totem Cafe Caper makes me think of several things. There was a war going on, so who was the ruler? Hitler? And why was Ff stealing two pies and eating a whole one in a sitting? Perhaps the Great Depression had enveloped his family? Is he referencing WWII Germany as well?

Notice when he says "if he could get rid of that car maybe he could get rid of me too?"

Perhaps Yellowstone with Arie and Carl Simpson was out of necessity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
08-29-2017, 08:50 PM,
RE: Plymouth and the Ruler
(08-29-2017, 08:33 PM)Copper Wrote: The Totem Cafe Caper makes me think of several things. There was a war going on, so who was the ruler? Hitler? And why was Ff stealing two pies and eating a whole one in a sitting? Perhaps the Great Depression had enveloped his family? Is he referencing WWII Germany as well?

Notice when he says "if he could get rid of that car maybe he could get rid of me too?"

He stole two pies ? I believe you are mistaken.
08-29-2017, 09:01 PM,
Plymouth and the Ruler
Did he not? Well he stole one at least, and ate the whole thing. And how could he be in love with Yellowstone if he was working non stop? All curious. I'm fine tooth combing this thing and not afraid to look dumb.

08-30-2017, 08:14 AM,
(08-29-2017, 09:01 PM)Copper Wrote: Did he not? Well he stole one at least, and ate the whole thing. And how could he be in love with Yellowstone if he was working non stop? All curious. I'm fine tooth combing this thing and not afraid to look dumb.

ive thought the same thing before,16 hour days so forth,i would hate that on my summer break as a child
******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
08-30-2017, 06:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-30-2017, 06:20 PM by Mindy.)
(08-29-2017, 08:33 PM)Copper Wrote: The Totem Cafe Caper makes me think of several things. There was a war going on, so who was the ruler? Hitler? And why was Ff stealing two pies and eating a whole one in a sitting? Perhaps the Great Depression had enveloped his family? Is he referencing WWII Germany as well?

I just noticed the photo on page 120 has a ruler.

So now referenced photos are the one with the ruler, the paperboy, and the untipped waiter, and probably some more. Maybe 9. Smile

(08-29-2017, 09:01 PM)Copper Wrote: Did he not? Well he stole one at least, and ate the whole thing. And how could he be in love with Yellowstone if he was working non stop? All curious. I'm fine tooth combing this thing and not afraid to look dumb.

Remember in Important Literature where he said JD Salinger wrote his story? And that JD started right in the fling of it talking about his "lousy childhood?"

I don't think F had a great childhood. Although he lived with some common childhood fears (siblings being more favored or more important), he also hints at a darker side of his childhood. Some things went on behind the scenes in that family.

He illustrates this a little by going to the graveyard in pitch darkness to sit on a dead guy's grave. To me, it hints that he felt more comfortable or secure in the graveyard than he did at home.
Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
08-30-2017, 06:33 PM,
Plymouth and the Ruler
Life is a game of poker, happiness is the pot. Fate deals you four cards and a joker, And you play whether you like it or not."

I think I know who the ruler is. I think we all know who the ruler is.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Frosty the Ruler... What is Fenn measuring? glock20 27 19,274 06-19-2016, 06:15 PM
Last Post: pidmt
  Frosty the Ruler.... glock20 19 12,854 05-17-2016, 11:50 AM
Last Post: TheBearStoleMyPicnic
  Creek as a ruler Chris Yates 1 1,536 05-13-2016, 10:18 AM
Last Post: Chris Yates