Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Riddle conundrum
09-04-2017, 08:43 PM,
The Riddle conundrum
"Some searchers overrate the complexity of the search. Knowing about head pressures, foot pounds, acre feet, bible verses, Latin, cubic inches, icons, fonts, charts, graphs, formulas, curved lines, magnetic variation, codes, depth meters, riddles, drones or ciphers, will not assist anyone to the treasure location, although those things have been offered as positive solutions. Excellent research materials are TTOTC, Google Earth, and/or a good map. f"

OR

FENN: Well, it’s hidden in a pretty good place. It’s difficult to find, but it certainly isn’t impossible. But if you’re gonna find the treasure, you’re gonna have to solve the riddle that’s in my poem. The nine clues that are in my poem. Nobody’s gonna happen on that treasure chest.

Which is it? Do I need to solve a riddle, or not?
09-04-2017, 08:49 PM,
The Riddle conundrum
The poem is a set of directions. He said the he wasn't playing no games when writing it?
So maybe Forrest doesn't look at it as a riddle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
09-04-2017, 08:51 PM,
RE: The Riddle conundrum
(09-04-2017, 08:49 PM)will197532 Wrote: The poem is a set of directions. He said the he wasn't playing no games when writing it?

The second quote above is a quote from Forrest, who says you have to solve the riddle that's in his poem.
09-04-2017, 08:52 PM,
didnt you already post this thread. or was that somebody else
09-04-2017, 08:56 PM,
(09-04-2017, 08:51 PM)OjoDude Wrote:
(09-04-2017, 08:49 PM)will197532 Wrote: The poem is a set of directions. He said the he wasn't playing no games when writing it?

The second quote above is a quote from Forrest, who says you have to solve the riddle that's in his poem.

Yeah I see your delima but imo it's not a game changer but more of clinical error
09-04-2017, 09:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-04-2017, 09:05 PM by Chris Yates.)
(09-04-2017, 08:43 PM)OjoDude Wrote: "Some searchers overrate the complexity of the search. Knowing about head pressures, foot pounds, acre feet, bible verses, Latin, cubic inches, icons, fonts, charts, graphs, formulas, curved lines, magnetic variation, codes, depth meters, riddles, drones or ciphers, will not assist anyone to the treasure location, although those things have been offered as positive solutions. Excellent research materials are TTOTC, Google Earth, and/or a good map. f"

OR

FENN: Well, it’s hidden in a pretty good place. It’s difficult to find, but it certainly isn’t impossible. But if you’re gonna find the treasure, you’re gonna have to solve the riddle that’s in my poem. The nine clues that are in my poem. Nobody’s gonna happen on that treasure chest.

i dont see anything in the first SB quote about solving or not solving a riddle

only that "knowing about" will not assist us to the treasure location. whatever that means

so the answer to your question is, yes, we need to solve the riddle, because that's what he said to do
09-04-2017, 09:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-04-2017, 09:08 PM by OjoDude.)
(09-04-2017, 08:52 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: didnt you already post this thread. or was that somebody else
Must have been someone else. Unless you are referring to my First Clue conundrum thread, which has nothing to do with the Riddle conundrum.

(09-04-2017, 09:03 PM)Chris Yates Wrote:
(09-04-2017, 08:43 PM)OjoDude Wrote: "Some searchers overrate the complexity of the search. Knowing about head pressures, foot pounds, acre feet, bible verses, Latin, cubic inches, icons, fonts, charts, graphs, formulas, curved lines, magnetic variation, codes, depth meters, riddles, drones or ciphers, will not assist anyone to the treasure location, although those things have been offered as positive solutions. Excellent research materials are TTOTC, Google Earth, and/or a good map. f"

OR

i dont see anything in the first SB quote about solving or not solving a riddle

only that "knowing about", will not assist us to the treasure location. whatever that means

so the answer to your question is, yes, we need to solve the riddle, because that's what he said to do

That begs the question, how do we solve a riddle but not know about riddles.

I'll go one step further. If there is a riddle in the poem, how do we solve it not knowing about riddles. Does this mean Knowing about the Poem, which is a riddle, will not lead us to the treasure, as Fenn stated? I thought the poem was supposed to lead us to the treasure.
09-04-2017, 09:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-04-2017, 09:18 PM by Chris Yates.)
if i tell you that "knowing about" how to drive a car wont get you driven to the store, that would be true right?

because to drive to the store, you're gunna have to actually get in the car and drive

so if i then follow up and say to you, you need to get in the car and drive ...does my previous comment mean that you can't know how to drive a car?

no it doesn't. it only meant that knowing how to drive isn't enough

so if i say to you, get in the car and drive, then logically it follows you need to know how to drive to do that

and my first comment doesn't contradict that. you've presumed a false conclusion in your question

so if f says we need to solve the riddle in the poem, then it follows that we should know about riddles
09-04-2017, 09:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-04-2017, 09:24 PM by OjoDude.)
Didn't Fenn say this was straightforward, with no subterfuge in sight?

You keep making a good argument that this is the opposite, and not straightforward at all.

If this is straightforward, and Fenn has said it is, then all the semantics you all are using to disregard obvious contradictions are nonsensical.

(09-04-2017, 09:16 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: so if f says we need to solve the riddle in the poem, then it follows that we should know about riddles
Yes, I agree with THIS. And yet, Fenn says we need not know about riddles. Hence THE CONUNDRUM.
09-04-2017, 09:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-04-2017, 09:43 PM by Chris Yates.)
(09-04-2017, 09:22 PM)OjoDude Wrote: And yet, Fenn says we need not know about riddles

and knowing that Fenn didn't actually say that..

it is your interpretation of what he said, which was

"knowing about" .. will not assist

the question then is, did Fenn contradict?

or is it that your interpretation is incorrect and that's why it contradicts?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Word Puzzle/Riddle knighterrant 7 3,774 01-27-2018, 05:14 PM
Last Post: PragueCastle
  About Riddle Stories monkeyking 1 920 01-22-2018, 06:29 AM
Last Post: astree
  Conundrum off topic Timraywa 17 3,393 12-13-2017, 07:41 PM
Last Post: John Brown
  clue video riddle??? mdc777 16 5,662 09-24-2017, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Iron Will
  The "find his car" Conundrum OjoDude 52 18,169 09-15-2017, 02:26 PM
Last Post: will197532