Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10,000 years down the road...
01-09-2014, 03:49 PM,
Deb,

I don't want to change the subject, But am I understand you correctly, your HOB is the Blaze? just curious.

And it is very interesting how we think of the poem or method of looking at it. I always like Sidncharles way of looking at it since the thread "Lets assume". as well as others like JB blaze and the possibility there is more at the end then just the chest, maybe. So many unique ways to look at.
01-09-2014, 04:49 PM,
SC, the location hidden behind the letters/words of the poem has always been my approach, with some possible caveats/modification. When I first looked at the poem I asked myself how could Forrest lead a searcher to a precise spot they could go to with confidence while protecting that solution? And I came to the conclusion exactly as Halo describes. I am a writer and the poem's construction seemed similar to the construction of a mystery in some ways - the evidence and solution hidden in plain sight so to speak. However, I don't think the solution behind the words is exactly in plain site but requires some real work to uncover. To me what drives Fenn ultimately in this endeavor is the idea of "matching wits". Therefore, even if the solution is hidden behind vague geographical references that could be almost anything in physical space and in time, my guess is it is still hidden quite well. He is also self-taught so the way he constructs the solution may be quite unique. Perhaps the key to the poem is quite simple, some pattern a child would recognize. But even with that key there is the process of a correct arrangement/ordering or implementation of the components of the solution to come to the exact spot. This is the place where I am in my search - I have a simple key but using it the intended way is difficult to discern. For example, let's say you are able to derive a series of numbers from the poem that have markers in them that seem to be meaningful/significant. How to implement those numbers? There are many ways to use a set of numbers to find a precise location.

Then there is the whole question of going with confidence. Halo, I have often wondered about the tightrope Fenn walked in constructing this puzzle while still keeping it ultimately solvable. Perhaps that is why he is ambivalent about it being found. Perhaps, having watched the spectacle of our efforts, he considers that the poem is so difficult that the solution when revealed would cause the majority of the searchers to cry foul. So how is one confident unless the pattern one uncovers in the poem is beyond chance. Or, SC and Halo, perhaps the physical description in the poem does work on some level. Perhaps it confirms the precise solution hidden within the poem but you can't find the treasure with just the physical directions because they are too vague and the treasure is in a special spot. After all, why can't the blaze be a marker/trail within the poem and a physical thing/space in the world at the same time?

Halo, RE the poem being "straight-forward" I can think of ways to bury words or numbers that though hidden could still be described by Forrest as straight-forward. Anyway, he thought it all up so it's straight-forward to him! Smile
01-09-2014, 05:29 PM,
@Pooka, I love your posts.

However, I disagree with one of your premises. I have never read where Fenn says the poem will help you "find a precise location," nor have I read that the poem will yield a "precise solution." Rather, I read that "if followed precisely, will <b>lead</b> to the <b>end</b> of his <b>rainbow</b>..."

To me, "precise location" and "followed precisely" are two entirely different things. I know this has been debated before, but I really think/know that the poem only gets you so far, it will only get you close, so to speak (IMHO, of course).
01-09-2014, 05:39 PM,
Hi Milan, thanks. When I used the word "precise" I was only thinking of how Forrest could do that, not that he implied he had through his quote. The poem may well only get you so far or only get you close as you say.
01-09-2014, 05:50 PM,
No my HOB is an actual place that I arrived at by following a trail of history and stories based on the stories in the book. My blaze is that trail, but once I arrive at the place the blaze is something else that I cant disclose.See everything associated with the poem has more than one meaning.Those meanings tie to my location.
Shhh they aren't listening.
01-09-2014, 06:54 PM,
Interesting discussion……..I think anyone that has been involved with the search very long now realizes there is “something else” that is needed to solve the poem. So those of you multiple level, multiple dimension, multiple solution, folks may be right. If that is the case it won’t be me finding the chest. Sad

I don’t think Fenn intended the chest to be found for many years, maybe generations. Which is why he put his auto-biography in the chest; to fill in the blank spots he talks about when finding artifacts for a future archeologist?

It’s not impossible to find, but it is way more difficult than most think it is. I have thought this from the very beginning……and I’ve said several times over the years that this is a marathon not a sprint.

@pooka you wrote: <i>To me what drives Fenn ultimately in this endeavor is the idea of "matching wits".</i>

I agree with you completely and also believe this is important to consider when solving the poem. Fenn is proud he has no formal education; and he does like matching wits with the “educated”………

I call Fenn’s answers “Microsoft answers”; they are technically correct but absolutely useless……..

Because of my obsession with his Coriolis effect statement, I can’t help but wonder if his statements are erroneous on purpose or has he based some of his thinking on erroneous information.

01-09-2014, 06:55 PM,
So far there is about 13 comments about years down the road, and most are saying they don't consider the time as a Factor in there way of looking at the poem.

I find that very interesting in itself. For most[not all] use out side sources... videos, books signing question, interviews, and almost any statement FF make as some sort of hint, clue, or other things, to find a way to work in a theory.

01-09-2014, 07:18 PM,
I am very certain that Forrest is playing a long game, and does not want, or expect, the treasure to be found anytime soon. I suspect he found a spot that hadn't been visited by another human being for at least 1000 years and hid the treasure there, safe in the knowledge (correct spelling) that it was unlikely to be found by anyone else for a very long time.

mdavis19
01-09-2014, 07:23 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Seeker on January 9, 2014, 6:55 pm</b>

So far there is about 13 comments about years down the road, and most are saying they don't consider the time as a Factor in there way of looking at the poem.

I find that very interesting in itself. For most[not all] use out side sources... videos, books signing question, interviews, and almost any statement FF make as some sort of hint, clue, or other things, to find a way to work in a theory.
</div>

The people who hang on his every word and develop search strategies based on them seem to just be wasting their time and money. Forrest isn't giving anything away. He's just sending people off on wild goose chases. The treasure isn't going to be hidden anyplace he talks about. I am far more interested in the things Forrest isn't saying, and things he said before he hid the treasure and had to begin guarding his words.

mdavis19
01-09-2014, 08:09 PM,
Mdavis maybe, but you really are as clueless as everyone else unless you have the chest on your coffee table? Sorry but we each are trying to solve a puzzle and in that respect until it is solved nobody is wasting their time or their money.
Shhh they aren't listening.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why did the chicken cross the road? trueyeti 0 407 01-04-2021, 01:23 PM
Last Post: trueyeti
  Fork in the road mrmagicarovrumrebel 21 6,617 01-01-2019, 07:19 AM
Last Post: astree
  Ff and his brother took a road trip. mikemarcum878 0 834 07-18-2018, 02:31 PM
Last Post: mikemarcum878
  the secret road disappointment Chris Yates 15 10,154 02-14-2016, 06:48 PM
Last Post: JamLady
  Good road trip song BrazenBull 5 3,269 01-17-2016, 07:56 PM