Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MWFM possible poem/book chapter title connection
01-17-2014, 01:16 PM,
R.Nowak mensa member,160 i.q...aletist menatality,beleives the people that run the world are logical,does not fly fish,has thing for N.K...lives in N.M...has xperience in looTin,treasure huntin,and archeology..busted my chops a few timesD.F.C.!...tips his hand ocassionaly...plays the, is this person smarter than me game..is he in the running to find the chest? ,yes..do I admire his high I.Q.? yes, R. Nowak absolutely no disrespect,just sayin what I see..tndi d oh yeah!, infighting between searchers w/ big egos/high I.Q.s is pointless and boring ,everyone has there own opinion /slove/vision of where FF hid his pention fund..again R. Nowak tndi D)
01-17-2014, 01:33 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from mdc777 on January 17, 2014, 12:39 pm</b>

The 36 inches thing was me posting a while back.

I see Latitude and Longitude in the book for various reasons. Also he hints at Lat/Long in the chapters before you even get to numbers.

36 inch bathtub and 105 bombs on the bomber. When I look up that operation from Vietnam I see 102 or 104 bombs on that plane not 105.

So 36 degrees Latitiude and 105 Longitude put you right in what area? What a coincidence huh?

http://www.mapsofworld.com/usa/states/ne...-long.html

What city is in that area that the book has a clue to?

PILAR, NEW MEXICO. The Hemingway clue ties it in and possibly more ways than one but maybe that is just me. See my thread under New Mexico.

Am I saying the chest is in PILAR? No I don't know that but it sures seems more than random numbers and false quotes in the book that point to it.

https://www.google.com/#q=what+is+the+la...ilar+nm%3F

Chris ~ you are saying you think the Lat/Long in the book is in degrees AND decimal?

I don't understand the 36 inches under the ground clues. Please help me out.

IHATECHESS777 at YAHOO . COM

(This is a good conversation about the poem and book, keep it up!)
</div>

Obviously you're welcome to your own strategy but I personally wouldn't make the 45 minute drive to Pilar on the basis of the above. The reason is the following. I am not a "poem purist" as some call themselves but a "poem pragmatist". I couldn't have found my solution without the book, but the solution that I do have stands on its own without the book: just the poem and a map will take me to the spot. (Locating the spot shown on the map on the ground is a small problem but that mainly requires perseverance to solve. Whether the chest is at the spot shown on the map is another issue entirely. )
01-17-2014, 02:02 PM,

<b>Quote from Nora Kelly on January 17, 2014, 1:15 pm</b>

"Confirmations". Without them one would be going in too many different directions.

If you were going to drive to N.Y. for the first time, would you use a map to get you there? Or would you just wing-it with no knowledge of any of the states you would have to go through to get you there and no one to ask directions? And that would be easy compared to this. --The poem is the map. And the book is the people you could ask along the way, but you may not always get the information you seek, so it is up to us to use discernment. If you don't like following directions or if you can't trust other people then you probably should just stick with the poem.

Forrest says the book will help with the clues in the poem, but then he also says that the book is for fun and not meant for research and that there hasn't been anything deliberately placed there. Ok. And there are a lot of contradictions other than that. I don't think he would lie to us, so like Chris Yates said, "what does he mean?"

I think I will try my luck up around The Rio Chama for awhile.
</div>
The Rio Chama is a beautiful area. Are you going fishing?" You say Luck " Why Luck" There has to be some skill involved. Some knowledge, Some wisdom Some instinct,
01-17-2014, 02:10 PM,
Preparation meets opportunity kind of luck.

Oh, I've been up there many, many times, but there is nothing like being out there "in it" to get the right perspective, is there? I think that was the whole intention of all of this wasn't it? I just don't think this can be solved from home, without a lot of physical research along with it. I'm sure some of the smartest people on earth could tell me everything about all places I've been, except how it feels to be there.
01-17-2014, 02:17 PM,
Nora : I agree totally . That is exactly why I live where I do here in Montana.
01-17-2014, 02:32 PM,
Searching is a treasure within itself.

I found two arrowheads the last time I was up there, while looking around.

Plus, there is camping, hiking, fishing, rafting, photography, .......spying on Desertphile :-) .........just so many awesome things one can do besides searching. Then later, I can watch and remember all these events and places in my mind and then apply it to the poem.
01-17-2014, 03:00 PM,
<i>Obviously you're welcome to your own strategy but I personally wouldn't make the 45 minute drive to Pilar on the basis of the above.</i>

I have not been out searching and probably will never find the time or money to do so which is why I post on here hoping it could help someone out. (married with 5 kids makes it hard to get out and search)

<i>confirmation bias</i>

I agree this is a possibility. If there are no hints to the poem other than go find WWWH, HOB and the BLAZE then I do not think it is ever going to be found. The poem is to vague... maybe that is why ff is thinking 10,000 years to have someone find it. The autobiography he included confirms this... if someone finds the chest using the poem then they know all about ff but if it is found a long time in the future by accident then the autobiography explains who he is.
01-17-2014, 03:03 PM,

<b>Quote from Nora Kelly on January 17, 2014, 2:10 pm</b>

there is nothing like being out there "in it" to get the right perspective, is there? I think that was the whole intention of all of this wasn't it? I just don't think this can be solved from home, without a lot of physical research along with it.
</div>

Lemme get this straight. You think Fenn wanted people to go outside to solve thing??? We can't just sit behind our computer screens thinking really hard and have the chest just POP! into our laps??? That's crazy talk!
01-17-2014, 03:16 PM,
Alright, where's Seeker at? He'll stick up for me.
01-17-2014, 03:19 PM,
what she said...