Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Try and be a hero
01-17-2014, 11:57 PM,
Try and be a hero

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from JMOcelot1 on January 17, 2014, 11:57 pm</b>

{....}

It doesn't appear that anyone wants to be a hero because in the last few weeks there's been numerous clues given out on this blog that could be very helpful to others.

{....}
</div>

Clues? Huh? As far as I know Mr. Fenn has not posted any clues to this forum, ever.
01-18-2014, 01:33 AM,
Try and be a hero
Desertphile, this is what happens when you mention Kansas, the lurkers see it and they're going to find the chest.
01-18-2014, 01:43 AM,
Try and be a hero
I was just thinking of the immortal words of Socrates when he said, "I drank what?"

01-18-2014, 02:47 AM,
Try and be a hero

<b>Quote from JMOcelot1 on January 17, 2014, 11:57 pm</b>

Forrest wrote only a few weeks ago that sometimes being the hero means not saying anything when you're right.

</div>

you say Forrest wrote this a few weeks ago? i would like to read it, but i have searched and cannot find anything online. if you can help me out on that or if anyone reading this knows what the poster is talking about, would be appreciated
01-18-2014, 05:33 AM,
Try and be a hero
Chris, the OP is referring to the "Friday Favorite" quote from a couple weeks ago.
01-18-2014, 05:42 AM,
Try and be a hero

Administrator

Re: Friday Fenn Favorite By Jenny Kile

on: December 20, 2013, 7:46 am

Friday’s Fenn Favorite thanks to Jenny Kile:

The following is a favorite quote of Forrest’s:

“A hero is someone who can keep his mouth shut when he’s right” ~ Yiddish Proverb

Chris i didn't check Jenny's site,

repost by admin from jenny

for what it's worth

SmileMSSFBL
01-18-2014, 11:50 AM,
Try and be a hero
@JMOcelot1: I agree with clinger; it sounds like you want a social club not a forum about the chase. If folks aren’t allowed to post their thoughts here they will simply go someplace (or start their own forum) where they can. Just imagine all the information that is being shared by secret emails; OMG!.......Perhaps you should give some thought to talking to someone about your paranoia.

Paranoia: <i>a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.</i> Your fear of not finding the chest will cause you to make irrational, and perhaps dangerous, decisions. Your fear will become self defeating clouding your judgment, thereby guaranteeing you will never find the chest…IMHO.

I just returned from sharing my database and topo’s with a group of Wounded Warriors. I think it will take a group, with a wide array of ideas (much like here), to solve the poem. Wouldn’t it be great if a group of veterans could find the chest and meet with Fenn.

Calm down take a xanax……it’s just a game, enjoy the Rockies with your family and have some fun; life is too short to be consumed with paranoia.
01-18-2014, 11:55 AM,
Try and be a hero
You have no idea what other's know. I agree w/ GOG and Clinger.

I personally could care less if something I post helps someone find it north of 37 degrees because I am never going to search north of there. As we get closer to where I think the box is I am slightly more circumspect with regard to what I release at large.

01-18-2014, 01:30 PM,
Try and be a hero

I'm saddened to see important clues tossed about with little regard to the ramifications of opening your mouth. I'm too old and wise to ever reveal the full solution, but I will break my own rule and give one clue about WWWH because it grates on my brain to continue to hear the nonsensical idea that a state trout water definition dictates WWWH. The clue: Colorado shares the same definitions of cold and warm water with New Mexico and the Colorado website list all of those waters.

Here's some advice from an old geezer. Spend less time on this blog sharing your ideas and more time in the history books and you just might find it.
01-18-2014, 01:33 PM,
Try and be a hero

<b>Quote from PL289 on January 18, 2014, 12:29 pm</b>

WoW. I haven't been on here long so I must've missed something....why on earth (no pun intended) would anyone rule out the Rockies above the 37th parallel?
</div>

I have 2 main reasons. One is a combination of the poem and Fenn's statement that the chest is below 10,200'. The other is that I am executing a Bayesian search and have my own cost function. By my estimation my probability of finding the chest if it is hidden above the 37th parallel is small enough that it isn't worth my effort to look.

In my opinion the arm chair searchers are consigned to failure. They simply can't mount the sort of search that is required. I believe that the random searchers are also going to fail. In my opinion it takes feet on the ground research, a lot of it. I cannot mount a lot of it beyond the 37th parallel. And, like Clinger said, I think it's in NM anyway. It's the language.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Terry Fox, a true hero. The Wolf 12 7,546 04-12-2017, 07:03 PM
Last Post: The Wolf