Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"The hints are in the abberations at the edges" ff.
01-18-2014, 09:56 AM,
With even a fine line for boundary the line on a map that covers 4 states would still take up mile of an area. I wouldn't worry about the boundary of the shaded area. I'm sure the chest is within the shaded area with no doubt or question of near.
01-18-2014, 02:06 PM,
With even a fine line for boundary the line on a map that covers 4 states would still take up mile of an area. I wouldn't worry about the boundary of the shaded area. I'm sure the chest is within the shaded area with no doubt or question of near.
01-18-2014, 05:50 PM,
I wouldn't be surprised if the treasure is hidden near one of the edges of the map. Most people will be looking at the interior. The way the edges of the map just sort of fade out would tend to make people wonder how close to the edge is too close, and thus outside the highlighted area. Hiding it at the edge would be a good bit of subtle misdirection on Forrest's part.

mdavis19
01-28-2014, 12:14 PM,
Forrest did say to me in an email "how will you know where the edge is if you don't go out there and look?" But to put it in context, he said it when I told him the Forrest Service would not let me go off-trail. (That was a long time ago when my destination was Texas).
01-28-2014, 12:49 PM,
He has also said it to me twice.
Shhh they aren't listening.
02-02-2014, 09:24 AM,
Hi All, One of my solves is based on the idea that the hiding place does not fit the poem. And that would be an aberration. I looked up the meaning of aberration, the definition is, When the image of an object in a mirror, is not in line with the object. James
02-02-2014, 10:05 AM,
James,

I don't have the new map. Medical bills too high lately, to buy the map. I guess that means I don't have the same chance as those with the cash for the "special" map... Would Fenn really do that? Hope not.
02-02-2014, 10:56 AM,
@ timberwolf, No Mr. Fenn would not do that. My idea has nothing to do with the new map. My thinking is only based on the definition of an aberration. I'm thinking of the several parties or individuals that went right past the chest. I would say it's an aberration that they saw nothing to guide them to the chest, and I would say it's an aberration that so "few individuals" have been so close, which is why I think the hiding place does not fit the poem. James
02-02-2014, 11:11 AM,
Oh no, it fits the poem. Smile Maybe not in a way most would expect. Its all part of the game.
Shhh they aren't listening.
02-02-2014, 11:30 AM,
Timberwolf I hear so many stories about Medical bills . Desert phil is basically in the same boat . Somehow that just doesn't seem right. As much taxes we all pay there is def somthing wrong with who were giving it to.Are you in good enough shape to go hiking around and use a metal detector.?? If so maybe I could help you with travel expenses some time on a search.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  hints on the edges Chris Yates 2 600 11-08-2019, 12:32 AM
Last Post: Chris Yates
  The Book contains so many hints & clues, its ridiculous OR Are Forrests hints common to every place hes been ? SantaFe 23 13,901 03-06-2014, 12:29 AM
Last Post: deb
  the aberrations at the edges James Perotti 5 3,144 12-28-2013, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Halogetter