Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
New ChaseChat Rules
11-25-2017, 11:16 PM,
New ChaseChat Rules
Without a doubt, the forum has changed in the last several days.
Old Drum hasn't been around to keep things in check, and it has seemed that pretty much anything goes.

So, what are the new rules around here ?
I think that is a fair question.

I see the fbomb has been tossed around several times, is that now acceptable ?

I've seen name calling, and personal attacks.

I also see that 'IamMark' has been banned. Does anyone know why he was banned ? What rule did he violate ?

How do we know what is acceptable behavior, if we don't know what the new rules are ?

Is it okay if we call someone an idiot ?

These are all very serious questions.

This is not the same site it was a few weeks ago, and the rules then, don't seem to apply now.

Someone needs to step up and clarify what the new rules are and who will be enforcing them.
11-25-2017, 11:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-25-2017, 11:25 PM by muset.)
RE: New ChaseChat Rules
(11-25-2017, 11:16 PM)ROLL TIDE Wrote: Without a doubt, the forum has changed in the last several days.
Old Drum hasn't been around to keep things in check, and it has seemed that pretty much anything goes.

I also see that 'IamMark' has been banned. Does anyone know why he was banned ? What rule did he violate ?

How do we know what is acceptable behavior, if we don't know what the new rules are ?

This is not the same site it was a few weeks ago, and the rules then, don't seem to apply now.

Someone needs to step up and clarify what the new rules are and who will be enforcing them.

I do prefer when there is decent moderation and I commend without any envy those who have had that responsibility over the years. Thanks to all of those people.
11-25-2017, 11:24 PM,
(11-25-2017, 11:16 PM)ROLL TIDE Wrote: Without a doubt, the forum has changed in the last several days.

11-25-2017, 11:48 PM,

I agree with everything except the "IamMark" banning questioning. It's quite clear why he was banned and if anyone had written a thread about me in that style then it would have gotten ugly. Let's not be coy and pretend that IamMark wanted to discuss the merits of her hints. He was intentionally trying to provoke another drag out fight with Mindy.

There are ways to use neutral language and then there is the case of creating a thread that calls someone an idiot. How would any of us feel if they sign on and see their name and the word idiot used for an entire thread that's dedicated to them. I know I wouldn't put up with it and would get banned quickly.

But, notice that I'm not getting banned and yet I have used some very strong language against certain supposed powerful posters. It's simple, I don't insult anyone in my argument. And I can understand one post that steps over the line, but an entire thread with a title like that is clearly over the top and any questioning of why a person is banned for such childish behavior shows a complete lack of commons sense. Childish immature behavior gets you banned - it's that simple and I don't need mommy telling me so. Let's all act like adults and we won't even need a moderator. I can't believe how many people act like children on this site.

But why insults and the F-bomb are suddenly acceptable is a mystery. Time to boot out the children who can't behave and send them back to detention. Make your argument, even hint some subtle insult if you like, but keep it smart and witty and not some low brow F-bomb escapade. Remember the children are reading!
11-26-2017, 12:01 AM,
New ChaseChat Rules
Fbomb it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11-26-2017, 12:31 AM,
(11-25-2017, 11:48 PM)Indy Wrote:

I agree with everything except the "IamMark" banning questioning. It's quite clear why he was banned and if anyone had written a thread about me in that style then it would have gotten ugly. Let's not be coy and pretend that IamMark wanted to discuss the merits of her hints. He was intentionally trying to provoke another drag out fight with Mindy.

There are ways to use neutral language and then there is the case of creating a thread that calls someone an idiot. How would any of us feel if they sign on and see their name and the word idiot used for an entire thread that's dedicated to them. I know I wouldn't put up with it and would get banned quickly.

But, notice that I'm not getting banned and yet I have used some very strong language against certain supposed powerful posters. It's simple, I don't insult anyone in my argument. And I can understand one post that steps over the line, but an entire thread with a title like that is clearly over the top and any questioning of why a person is banned for such childish behavior shows a complete lack of commons sense. Childish immature behavior gets you banned - it's that simple and I don't need mommy telling me so. Let's all act like adults and we won't even need a moderator. I can't believe how many people act like children on this site.

But why insults and the F-bomb are suddenly acceptable is a mystery. Time to boot out the children who can't behave and send them back to detention. Make your argument, even hint some subtle insult if you like, but keep it smart and witty and not some low brow F-bomb escapade. Remember the children are reading!

For starters, the word 'idiot' was never used in that thread. NOT ONCE, by anyone. So, get your facts straight before you try to show what an idiot I am.

The word STUPID was used. Now, since you seem to want to come across as all-knowing, tell me, is that against the rules ?

You say it's quite clear why he was banned, and then you proceed to rationalize how wrong it is to call someone an idiot.
It would seem to me that what's actually quite clear, is that you should check your work before you try to spank me with your awesome comprehension skills.

If it's wrong to call someone stupid, I want to know. If it's wrong to call someone an idiot, I want to know.
And, as far as I can tell, you're not the one I need to be talking to, because as far as I can tell, you don't set or enforce the rules in question.

"I don't insult anyone in my argument"
"any questioning of why a person is banned for such childish behavior shows a complete lack of commons sense."

You don't insult anyone but, you turn right around and say that I lack common sense ? Does that make you an IDIOT ?

" Let's all act like adults and we won't even need a moderator."
LMAO. PRICELESS.

Stop pretending to be so damn civilized, I haven't forgotten how you have treated my comments with scathing contempt in the past.

As a matter of fact, don't reply to anything I say.
I don't like you, and I certainly am not impressed with anything you have to say.

Hypocrite.
11-26-2017, 12:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-26-2017, 01:15 AM by Beavertooth.)
(11-25-2017, 11:16 PM)ROLL TIDE Wrote: I also see that 'IamMark' has been banned. Does anyone know why he was banned ? What rule did he violate ?

I don't recall the exact post, but he had one that seemed way out of line to me (not the Mindy's stupid hints thread, however) that I would have banned him for at least a while, had I been a moderator.
________
Edit: I think it was this one:
"I am Mark Wrote:
Negative things about the treasure hunt:

Stephanie
Mindy
People that show up at Forrest's doorstep.
People that harrass Forrest's family.
People who don't listen to what Forrest says.
People who think there are hidden clues in everything Forrest says.
People who try to cross river rapids.
People who go where an 80 year old can not go.
People who think searching in snow is a good idea.
People who feel entitled over others.
People who try to blackmail Forrest.
People who try to blackmail other searchers.
People who think this is worth forming secret alliances and steal information from other searchers as if anyone knows something is certain.
People who hound him for personal hints.

Ya know what, I think everything I've mentioned so far can fall under one broad category called "Stupid people"."

Edit: Since I was the one walking on snow to get to a place where there was no snow, I figured he called me "stupid", which I took to be a personal attack, similar to some of the rest of his post (but not all).
11-26-2017, 08:09 AM,
OK, I'm still around. I don't spend much time here because we're dealing with a family challenge. I do take a look at threads like this and ones that show some controversy. I banned SC for the F bomb and would have banned Mark for personal attack. I did nothing on Admin's long thread because it was hers.
11-26-2017, 09:19 AM,
(11-25-2017, 11:48 PM)Indy Wrote:

Roll Tide, I couldn't have said it better. Thanks! Their are so many other adult ways to express one's self with stepping into the gutter. Many times after reading a thread and the responses written by similar minded members _I wanted close-out my association with the forum, but there are the majority who take the original purpose of this forum to heart.
11-26-2017, 10:16 AM,
(11-26-2017, 02:23 AM)legacyhelper Wrote: ...I was thinking about the part of the poem that says "no paddle up . . ." ;
somebody had mentioned that this might relate to something that should
be considered in reference to something being or happening downstream (rather than upstream). I recently decided that this is good thinking.

Now I am (still) working on ideas about a chain and/or board and/or
ladder. Progress is happening, and it appears to relate to the word
"tired".

@legacy, I like your thought process. Please continue to share if able.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Buying chasechat the sequel admin 21 6,694 05-01-2020, 05:04 PM
Last Post: admin
  Download a photo to ChaseChat. Gilagin 1 586 09-09-2019, 10:31 PM
Last Post: crazyfamily
  Anyone using a mobile client for ChaseChat? crazyfamily 7 1,422 01-13-2019, 10:40 AM
Last Post: admin
  Offer for Chasechat.com geydelkon 16 6,814 12-28-2017, 12:44 AM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  solve posting rules Swanka 13 6,754 08-24-2017, 11:39 PM
Last Post: timebandit
  Basic ground rules for Chase Chat old drum 1 50,766 08-02-2017, 03:07 PM
Last Post: old drum