Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
New ChaseChat Rules
11-26-2017, 01:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-26-2017, 01:57 PM by easternOHsteve.)
RE: New ChaseChat Rules
(11-26-2017, 01:29 PM)FennMaster Wrote:
(11-26-2017, 12:53 PM)easternOHsteve Wrote: Does anyone know who would have a 4WD to rent? Enterprise said they would take my reservation. Two times Enterprise took my reservation saying that they had 4WDs available. When I arrived at the airport, they said they had a pickup but it was not a 4WD. The second time it was the same. The local Enterprise finally admitted that they "could not guarantee" a 4WD. I wasted two days and over 200 miles to obtain a 4WD here without success.
I have found Red River Rentals but they require 8 hour reservations and $500 with $500 deposit. That is not enough time and also too costly.
Any ideas???

reminds me of the seinfeld episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T2GmGSNvaM

So funny! Smile

I didn't watch Seinfield; however, that is funny. I am going to take the insurance too!
I forgot to add: the supervisor was involved in my second trip back to Enterprise with the same result. I didn't need a 2WD! You are too funny.
just saying ss
11-26-2017, 02:20 PM,
(11-26-2017, 12:53 PM)easternOHsteve Wrote: Does anyone know who would have a 4WD to rent?

when? where?
11-26-2017, 02:31 PM,
ASAP, lol you almost got me... I am trying at the Colorado Springs Airport as of now. Even would consider Santa Fe. Where I intend to drive it, there's no businesses and nobody's business. Taking a come-along, chainsaw, wire rope, some tarp or boards, etc. So, need a club cab high clearance, off-road 4WD. I am greedy; but have thought about "partnering." LOL
My narcissistic "partner" is saying the treasure is his; but he also is not assisting in any effort. So, since funds are limited, I really need to think of alternatives... I am thinking of getting an older model 4WD and trade in my Benz.
just saying ss
11-26-2017, 02:46 PM,
(11-26-2017, 02:33 PM)OH! Wrote:
(11-26-2017, 12:53 PM)easternOHsteve Wrote:
(11-26-2017, 10:46 AM)OH! Wrote: I 100% back Rolltide.

Ditto OH!!
RT has a steel-trap mind. It's (RT's mind I mean, lol) response time to an idea is only nanoseconds to trap an idea.
@OH!
I think you were stuck on 43/109 as coordinates but let me just say:
43 is a distance and corresponds exactly (on Google earth - not maps) to the poem Google earth distance. And do not let me sway you from your trip; just spend a day or so on other ideas.
109 is the low band. I will let you figure that one out. Put together with the high band and your knowledge from the book TTOC, you will have the x that f has said you can put on a map (using Google earth). Then you will interestingly discover some poem references and f's hints will fall into a trip.
My trip may suck; yours might be correct...
@All
Does anyone know who would have a 4WD to rent? Enterprise said they would take my reservation. Two times Enterprise took my reservation saying that they had 4WDs available. When I arrived at the airport, they said they had a pickup but it was not a 4WD. The second time it was the same. The local Enterprise finally admitted that they "could not guarantee" a 4WD. I wasted two days and over 200 miles to obtain a 4WD here without success.
I have found Red River Rentals but they require 8 hour reservations and $500 with $500 deposit. That is not enough time and also too costly.
Any ideas???

It's easier to rent a couple of ATV's for the week.

Yeah, I know. But I am trying to be "quiet" OH!! I do have a trailer and hitch but in my situation, will probably not work. You can rent an ATV in Questa, Red River, and many other places. I honestly have a dilemma that I have not been able to solve since August 13th this year... It's going to snow soon and would have to wait until Spring if this cannot be solved. I can't trust anyone that I do not know; it's just in my nature.
I have honestly tried to help on this chat board; I don't like the quibbling. I am sorry I can't help with specifics of my trip as it would pinpoint the area. But general information is in my nature to put out there...
just saying ss
11-26-2017, 07:43 PM,
This may be too late, but there are parking services near some airports that rent out the parked cars while the owners are out of town (the owners get to keep some of the rent money to help defray the cost of parking). They might have what you need. Just make sure all dings are listed before you leave the lot!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Buying chasechat the sequel admin 20 8,055 05-01-2020, 05:04 PM
Last Post: admin
  Download a photo to ChaseChat. Gilagin 0 811 09-09-2019, 06:50 PM
Last Post: Gilagin
  Offer for Chasechat.com geydelkon 16 8,264 12-28-2017, 12:44 AM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  solve posting rules Swanka 13 7,775 08-24-2017, 11:39 PM
Last Post: timebandit
  Basic ground rules for Chase Chat old drum 1 58,454 08-02-2017, 03:07 PM
Last Post: old drum
  Will chasechat be forming an Eric Ashby search party? debbiedowner 16 7,352 07-30-2017, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Kpro