Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple Meanings...
01-20-2014, 09:38 AM,
Multiple Meanings...
I see. 42nd character counting spaces. Damn.

Edit: Unless I'm in the wrong state with the wrong map that will be worth a double eagle to you!
01-20-2014, 01:15 PM,
Multiple Meanings...
JohnBrown,

Yes and there is more, but that would be to much to say here. So much info in a short 24 line poem still blows my mind. Just putting them in conjunction with other words, line and numbers etc. is very tricky.

I have see hints of NM and have not been able to fit the full poem in to a solve for it. But I may have blinders on and just don't see it. Those hint come in later stanzas. Just strange you pick up on part of 42 so dang fast. Have you found a connection to 3? just a yes or no will do.
01-20-2014, 01:38 PM,
Multiple Meanings...

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Seeker on January 20, 2014, 1:15 pm</b>

JohnBrown,

Yes and there is more, but that would be to much to say here. So much info in a short 24 line poem still blows my mind. Just putting them in conjunction with other words, line and numbers etc. is very tricky.

I have see hints of NM and have not been able to fit the full poem in to a solve for it. But I may have blinders on and just don't see it. Those hint come in later stanzas. Just strange you pick up on part of 42 so dang fast. Have you found a connection to 3? just a yes or no will do.
</div>

I haven't given the 3's any thought. Is your e-mail on here? I'll tell you a little secret.
01-20-2014, 06:11 PM,
Multiple Meanings...
Thought I had "Tarry" may relate to the "In the wood" it may have to be Pine tar.
01-20-2014, 08:41 PM,
Multiple Meanings...
Locolobo,

I shameless, what can I say. I like both B and c. do you see a connection to scant? with hint. just wondering.

And seeing you skipped to the 2nd stanza, Point of origin is a very good meaning for HOB. Wonder if the two work together? HMmm! I have said before my interpretation of this stanza [ up to HOB ] basically stating a time period. One meaning is, WWWH; Liquid, solid, gas. Like you said, 'lets see what kind of reception it gets.' maybe something more original then a bear.
01-20-2014, 09:00 PM,
Multiple Meanings...

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Lonetree on January 20, 2014, 6:11 pm</b>

Thought I had "Tarry" may relate to the "In the wood" it may have to be Pine tar.
</div>

Tar or pitch was used to 'glue' spear heads and arrow heads to a wooden shaft. The pitch needed to be heated just right, in order to work as a glue. Then usually tied with animal skin from deer, elk and bison. so I see your connecting to tarry and wood. I feel that, as FF stated, the chest being unlocked, that pitch may have been used to seal the chest with the key inside. at least that would be one meaning for tarry.

01-20-2014, 09:16 PM,
Multiple Meanings...
Have you heard of Tarry Logs http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/120078/page=2
01-20-2014, 09:34 PM,
Multiple Meanings...
Will,

I personally haven't heard of this. Being that the expression is from the London area it could be just the same as a boot, meaning the trunk of a car etc. but is interesting. That is why I started this thread. All the searchers have talk about meaning and method and ideas, I was hoping that it would be more centralized, as well as newer thoughts of the meanings.

I have seen so many interesting meanings others have shared, but a lot of times, those threads end up off track and it's very difficult to remember where one [meaning] was.
01-20-2014, 09:52 PM,
Multiple Meanings...
Seeker,Will, maybe those threads are being derailed on purpose..Tarry to me means blackened in color,if that makes any sense,not quite the definition of the word, but tar is black...d
01-20-2014, 10:03 PM,
Multiple Meanings...
But it just could mean the color itself or maybe a very dark area, hence a flash light? But isn't Black all the colors mixed. or maybe what I mean is a color is the reflection of the color from the light [sun], and Black absorbs all the colors [ of the rainbow ] which appears to be black. I maybe wrong on that, been a long time since I saw a class room.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many meanings are they in each clue. mikemarcum03 9 1,013 04-19-2019, 06:41 PM
Last Post: easternOHsteve
  Forgotten Meanings to Everyday Words Mindy 0 705 04-17-2018, 06:24 PM
Last Post: Mindy
  Archaic word meanings Mindy 14 4,832 01-28-2018, 01:44 AM
Last Post: Buddy Allen
  Old West Word Meanings Mindy 3 1,650 01-17-2018, 02:38 AM
Last Post: jdh
  Multiple layers to the poem? sumbuddy 1 1,234 07-11-2017, 09:19 AM
Last Post: I KEEP MY SECRETS
  Poem Word Meanings Mindy 4 4,502 06-27-2016, 11:58 PM
Last Post: Buddy Allen