Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple Meanings...
01-20-2014, 10:10 PM,
Multiple Meanings...
Seeker. it could mean anything,black could be where the rainbow ends,and the box of Lucky charms begins..I dont think anyone will find it anytime soon..d
01-20-2014, 10:13 PM,
Multiple Meanings...

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from locolobo on January 20, 2014, 4:04 pm</b>

Dang Seeker, you never give up!! Smile Smile

OK, being the hard-nosed old Texan I am I probably shouldn’t, but here are a few for ya!! They might all be out on the edge, but some work for me.

“secret where” – maybe not so much anymore, but all kiddos used to have a “secret where”….. A place where they could escape from adults and sort things out, both individually and as a group... Forrest’s “Main Street Gang” (TTOTC) would have had a “secret where”….meeting place.

“hint” (of riches old and new) -- a hint is a small amount, so is a “trace”.... But “trace“ also is an old term meaning:

a : a mark or line left by something that has passed

b : a path, trail, or road made by the passage of animals, people, or vehicles Smile ..I like this one!!!

c : a sign or evidence of some past thing

“home” of Brown – “home is also a “point of origination”. So in this context, where did the “Brown”, that is referenced, originate from??

Wal, thet should be enuf for now. Let’s see what kind of reception those get……locolobo Big Grin
</div>
I think your definition of "Secret where" is a good definition. My solve is the starting place not "WWWH".
01-20-2014, 11:40 PM,
Multiple Meanings...

<b>Quote from locolobo on January 20, 2014, 10:36 pm</b>

@Wish-Rich....Hi guy, glad to see ya back!!! Yeah, I like it a lot too. It is my start also, not WWWH. Smile
</div>

@Locolobo,

Yea, had to take a break for a while..didn't read any post for a while.. needed a refresher. Now, I'm on the trail worse than before. My kids can't stand it. Hope you have come up with some good solves.. I think you are always on to something that is in the right direction.

01-21-2014, 10:25 AM,
Multiple Meanings...
The start being the origin or original is a meaning that is very interesting. Would the phrase 'From there it's no place for the meek" have a meaning of the origin? makes one think. HOB is maybe the most difficult to understand [IMO], but being it is capitalize, A Person, Place or Thing... Brown would be used as a noun. My meaning, that it is a noun and it is all 'three'.

Mainly because it works perfect to my solve, and also I can not come up with another meaning that works with out faults.
01-21-2014, 12:44 PM,
Multiple Meanings...
Locolobo,

I totally agree. It would still be a Name [ person ] even a given name. and could also be the same for the place and the thing.

EDIT: But the connection, as you say, could be so Simple it is easily over looked.
01-21-2014, 07:01 PM,
Multiple Meanings...
There was an interesting conversation on Dal's site regarding a comment from a searcher that WWWH could be Yellowstone park.

In summation Dal stated that Forrest made a comment to Yellowstone is a region and not a place. I could not find a Quote to this statement or comment. but if anyone had heard, I would be interested in know.

Which leads me to. If a region is not WWWH, what size could it be? an area? or even smaller? would 'canyon down' be even as small. Apparently, If this is true... Size matters. maybe We need some input from the ladies on this subject.
01-21-2014, 07:14 PM,
Multiple Meanings...
there is no quote, dal is the second hand source, he heard F saying it to a searcher who believed YP was WWH

so if utrust dal and that he overheard correctly then f said that wwh is a specific geographical place
01-22-2014, 07:54 AM,
Multiple Meanings...
And take it in the canyon down... Canyon; a deep narrow valley, gorge, chasm, normally cut by running waters. but not necessarily still containing that water.

The description is of a natural event taking place over time, from erosion. but can the description may also depict some thing other than natural? Tall buildings to each side of a low level area in between fits as well. Or a Valley cut from Glacial movement could be depicted as a canyon also.

When using one meaning or phrase from part of the poem in combination with another, one may see that 'in the wood' could refer to the "saddle" or mountain pass in a valley.

01-22-2014, 08:46 AM,
Multiple Meanings...

<b>Quote from Seeker on January 22, 2014, 7:54 am</b>

When using one meaning or phrase from part of the poem in combination with another, one may see that 'in the wood' could refer to the "saddle" or mountain pass in a valley.
</div>

As for the meaning of "in the wood," A saddle or pass is a possibility I keep a lookout for. There is another possibility I haven't heard anyone else mention. I almost posted it just now, but on re-reading this before hitting the Submit button, I decided I was giving too much away and deleted it. I will give you a hint though. Think about Forrest's comment that it doesn't matter who you are, it only matters who people think you are. The same thing applies to places. Damn, probably shouldn't have said even that much.

mdavis19
01-22-2014, 08:57 AM,
Multiple Meanings...
8-) Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many meanings are they in each clue. mikemarcum03 9 1,013 04-19-2019, 06:41 PM
Last Post: easternOHsteve
  Forgotten Meanings to Everyday Words Mindy 0 705 04-17-2018, 06:24 PM
Last Post: Mindy
  Archaic word meanings Mindy 14 4,832 01-28-2018, 01:44 AM
Last Post: Buddy Allen
  Old West Word Meanings Mindy 3 1,650 01-17-2018, 02:38 AM
Last Post: jdh
  Multiple layers to the poem? sumbuddy 1 1,234 07-11-2017, 09:19 AM
Last Post: I KEEP MY SECRETS
  Poem Word Meanings Mindy 4 4,503 06-27-2016, 11:58 PM
Last Post: Buddy Allen