Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Blaze is Tarry scant
01-04-2018, 04:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-04-2018, 04:42 PM by ser.)
The Blaze is Tarry scant
I'm using my imagination here so don't throw stones.

The chest is out in the woods somewhere in a hole covered with tar paper.

If you've been wise and found the blaze,
This is the only line in the poem in past tense, suggesting you should figure out the blaze before getting there. Or wouldn't it read
If you are wise and find the blaze,
Look quickly down, your quest to cease,
But tarry scant and marvel gaze,

"people are in tight focus with a word that is key" = tarry

Forrest has said:
"A blaze could be anything that stands out." = tarry scant stands out to me
I still don't know what it means. lol

" Is the blaze one single object?" = In "a WORD" yes. f / tarry being the WORD. = the blaze

Plus when I look quickly down, what stands out? = tarry scant does

Definition of bury is: 1.put or hide underground
2.completely cover;cause to disappear
synonyms: hide,conceal,cover
Forrest never said he buried the chest but never said he didn't.

Forrest quote: "Why don't you ask me how deep a hole is?"

Definition of tarry: of, like, or covered in tar
Definition of scant: barely sufficient or adequate

Primary function of tar paper is to keep moisture. This is how Forrest knows the chest is wet.

In conclusion, when you're out in the woods don't turn over any logs just flip over any tar paper you see.

Ok now you can throw those stones.
01-04-2018, 06:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-04-2018, 06:20 PM by monkeyking.)
RE: The Blaze is Tarry scant
Why not just cover the chest in tar, like the wax he sealed his bottles with. Then it might not even look like the chest anymore. The tar could be removed fairly easily without damaging the contents.... Put it in a lava field and you may ever see it.

Or why are we assuming tarry is bitumen. Why not wood pitch, also called tar. So he could easily be saying there is a bit of pine pitch. Something he told us all that we would smell when we are where the chest is located.
01-04-2018, 06:34 PM,
LOL, passing up $1M in gold and jewels because it might be sticky?
01-06-2019, 06:17 PM,
[quote="ser" pid='187298' dateline='1515102102']
I'm using my imagination here so don't throw stones.

The chest is out in the woods somewhere in a hole covered with tar paper.

If you've been wise and found the blaze,
This is the only line in the poem in past tense, suggesting you should figure out the blaze before getting there. Or wouldn't it read
If you are wise and find the blaze,
Look quickly down, your quest to cease,
But tarry scant and marvel gaze,

"people are in tight focus with a word that is key" = tarry

Forrest has said:
"A blaze could be anything that stands out." = tarry scant stands out to me
I still don't know what it means. lol

" Is the blaze one single object?" = In "a WORD" yes. f / tarry being the WORD. = the blaze

Plus when I look quickly down, what stands out? = tarry scant does

Definition of bury is: 1.put or hide underground
2.completely cover;cause to disappear
synonyms: hide,conceal,cover
Forrest never said he buried the chest but never said he didn't.

Forrest quote: "Why don't you ask me how deep a hole is?"

Definition of tarry: of, like, or covered in tar
Definition of scant: barely sufficient or adequate

Primary function of tar paper is to keep moisture. This is how Forrest knows the chest is wet.

In conclusion, when you're out in the woods don't turn over any logs just flip over any tar paper you see.

Ok now you can throw those stones.
[/quote
Tarry can also mean to stay somewhere too long and scant is very little or not enough if we are to go by Cambridge English. In the context of the sentence in the poem, it could be translated as take your time and pay little attention. Why, who knows. To me it's not important, if we can't find the blaze reference and need to look down then it's probably pointless. Just my opinion
01-06-2019, 06:36 PM,
Scant can also be a noun, not just an adjective
01-06-2019, 06:39 PM,
(01-06-2019, 06:36 PM)brubr Wrote: Scant can also be a noun, not just an adjective
Very true

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
01-06-2019, 07:00 PM,
Miising commas, misplaced commas, errant capitaLizations...I see it all. I can't read it, thoughthough. That is, if it can be read. Maybe it's nonsense but it seems too consistent. Come on and give me a frickin' break already. What am I missing?
01-06-2019, 07:04 PM,
(01-06-2019, 07:00 PM)bitbucket Wrote: Miising commas, misplaced commas, errant capitaLizations...I see it all. I can't read it, thoughthough. That is, if it can be read. Maybe it's nonsense but it seems too consistent. Come on and give me a frickin' break already. What am I missing?
Lol it's very frustrating

01-06-2019, 07:27 PM,
(01-06-2019, 07:22 PM)Masterofnone Wrote: I think that if you find the key to the map it will make sense, no mombo jumbo cryptic nonsense. Just a straight forward map. And in that case you would already know what the Blaze is by the time you reach it.
I agree. Unfortunately I believe that they compliment each other and therefore we have to humour them both

01-06-2019, 07:43 PM,
"Tarry" sounds like "Carry" when Forrest has read the poem. It basically means delay.

"Tarry" that sounds like "Starry" is a different word. It means covered with tar.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  But tarry scant . . . go in peace (a location clue?) Andrew Jef 13 2,069 Yesterday, 08:28 PM
Last Post: Andrew Jef
  But tarry scant with marvel gaze tomwhat 37 21,618 03-21-2018, 02:24 PM
Last Post: liv42dy
  Tarry scant Timraywa 6 2,029 01-04-2018, 12:43 PM
Last Post: ser
  tarry scant = post 93? lostowl 0 1,030 06-08-2017, 10:29 AM
Last Post: lostowl
  tarry scant? lostowl 6 2,142 05-24-2017, 06:06 AM
  tarry scant lostowl 6 2,536 05-14-2017, 11:21 PM