Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Periodic Table
02-28-2018, 05:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-28-2018, 05:22 PM by knighterrant.)
RE: Periodic Table
(02-28-2018, 09:11 AM)fundamental design Wrote:
(02-05-2018, 01:16 PM)knighterrant Wrote: ...Fenn is clever, but can only cram just so much information into a line....the poem has to 'make sense' on the surface reading...even if the final solve is extremely vague as it fits to the poem. This being done...there's a limit to what can be 'encoded' into the text...

What do you think the limit is for what can be encoded into the text of the poem? You’re right that f can only cram so much into each line of the poem. But, don’t you think that f is clever enough to be able to add more focused detail with each passing line after the first one?

Are you saying that Fenn says 'where warm waters halt' and then in each subsequent line, adds information one line at a time to specify and isolate the correct wwwh? And yet in line after line, he is referring back to the original BIWWH? That's good thinking and I've never considered that...

What I was trying to clumsily say was that the lines have to 'work', make sense, accomplish the purpose, in possibly multiple iterations....Just as a hypothetical, let's say I'm correct so far and he runs us back to Sloane...maybe you have to go through the BIWWH section again with the other Rich...in which case those same lines have to perform their function in that iteration, just as they did in the first one. Of course we wouldn't be using the PT in this iteration...perhaps some other device referenced by the other Rich. Or perhaps there is a 'puzzle' solution and thats the real way you have to solve the poem...yet Fenn also needs the lines to make sense from a traditional solve viewpoint...and so it feels clumsy at spots because the lines have to work in multiple contexts. Do you understand what I meant?

(02-28-2018, 10:07 AM)filmguy Wrote: If I gave the poem to a kid they wouldn't walk over to the periodic table of elements.
Additional: No where in the books, nor anything Fenn has ever written, leads me to believe he's a chemistry kind of guy
Additional Additional: Didn't Fenn say stay in the box? Seems very "out there"

Valid point about the kid.....I don't have a good explanation for that one

I believe Fenn was in the Physics Club...Fenn was, or so I've been told from researchers an A and B student.

Fenn said 'get back in the BOX...where their thoughts FLOW more easily'
Did you read what I wrote? Have you looked at a PT...its a bunch of boxes...and 9 Fluorine is where waters flow.

02-28-2018, 09:10 PM,
Thanks for the comment Chris, I have a feeling I need to recalibrate somewhere.

I wanted to make a point as to how this 'fake' or symbolic chest 112 CN TC is a powerful device that lets Fenn do what he does...

Fenn is not a god, he's a man. He may be exceptionally bright and clever, but he is not a computer, nor a supernatural being....

Yes most of Fenn's comments are scripted and controlled, but Fenn cannot sit and take questions and carry on conversations with people without slipping up somehow. This device is extremely useful to Fenn; if a conversation heads into dangerous territory or he can not answer a question without giving something away then he quickly and seamlessly in his mind changes gears. He provides an answer that is 100% truthful, but not in the context of the real treasure. The answer is truthful in the context of the periodic table.

This explains some of his seemingly contradictory statements. It is a funny thing that more brainpower seems to be expended day after day on understanding Fenn's statements rather than Fenn's poem. I believe Fenn's statements and utterances do not always pertain to the real physical treasure and failing to understand this causes much confusion for searchers.

02-28-2018, 10:51 PM,
Knighterrant, yes I understand your statement that the lines probably have to work in multiple contexts. I think your doing fine and are keeping an open mind.

Howdy, Mister.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Periodic Words decall 26 13,988 07-09-2017, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Kpro
  "Correct Solve" (New Periodic Words) decall 37 21,956 06-06-2017, 10:25 AM
Last Post: RahRah
  Periodic Table Song, elements 79 & 80 23kachinas 25 10,608 06-05-2017, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Chris Yates
  Wyoming......Off The Table, At Least For Me Iron Will 40 11,152 12-02-2014, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Iron Will