Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hunting Season??
01-28-2014, 05:41 PM,
Hunting Season??
Does anyone know when hunting season begins and ends in NM? And has anyone come upon any mountain lions while searching? Just curious.
01-28-2014, 06:40 PM,
Hunting Season??
Depends on what you mean by hunting season. I got back last weekend from hunting javelina in southwestern NM (didn't find any). BTW, the recently introduced mexican gray wolf is by far more dangerous than mountain lions - thank you crazy environmentalists!

The seasons are basically all year, depending on what you are hunting and what you are using (gun/archery/etc.). However, in general the elk and deer hunts are in the Fall.

I have not come across any mountain lions, but they are sneaky - I'm sure I've been in their sights a time or two. However, I have definitely come across black bears (in NM).
01-28-2014, 06:48 PM,
Hunting Season??
My universal 9mm spray is made for Bears, lions, wolves and other forms of things with k-9 teeth. the owner manuel says spray in the face until effective.
01-28-2014, 07:39 PM,
Hunting Season??
I have come across wolves and mountain lions, they generally dont like being around people. There is always the oddball though, thats nature.
Shhh they aren't listening.
01-28-2014, 07:43 PM,
Hunting Season??

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from deb on January 28, 2014, 7:39 pm</b>

I have come across wolves and mountain lions, they generally dont like being around people. <b>There is always the oddball though</b>, thats nature.
</div>

Like the <b>feral wild dogs </b>with <b>rabies</b>... 8O

01-28-2014, 10:01 PM,
Hunting Season??
LOL. True that !
Shhh they aren't listening.
01-28-2014, 10:10 PM,
Hunting Season??
Thanks everyone, a lot of good information there. Just trying to avoid getting shot and/or eaten. I think I may take will's advise- and get some 9mm spray. Whenever that may be.
01-29-2014, 12:13 AM,
Hunting Season??
I think the most dangerous thing out there is ourselves but next would have to be snakes then PTN. Everything else more likely runs away and I am sure snakes would if they had legs. Watch out for Pink Toe Nails (PTN] and I usually just drop a twenty and run away and have never had any problems since PTN is just happy to find anything of value since PTN can't find the chest. Seriously just never go alone and bring a friend with plenty of money especially if you encounter PTN.
01-29-2014, 12:35 AM,
Hunting Season??

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Tim Nobody on January 29, 2014, 12:13 am</b>

I think the most dangerous thing out there is ourselves but next would have to be snakes then PTN. Everything else more likely runs away and I am sure snakes would if they had legs. Watch out for Pink Toe Nails (PTN] and I usually just drop a twenty and run away and have never had any problems since PTN is just happy to find anything of value since PTN can't find the chest. Seriously just never go alone especially if you encounter PTN.
</div>

Now that's funny!!
01-29-2014, 10:33 AM,
Hunting Season??
I am not sure about the Pink Toe Nails Nora (must be an inside joke), but I definitely agree with your first statement: "I think the most dangerous thing out there is ourselves.." Words of wisdom.