Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forrest's Missing Book?
02-18-2018, 04:45 PM,
Forrest's Missing Book?
I think there has been some discussion of Forrest changing his count of books he has published (or written?). The following book may have been counted at one time because it was published by Fenn's company (One Horse Land and Cattle Co.)

The Fenn Cache: Clovis Weapons & Tools Hardcover – Illustrated, April 28, 1999
by George Frison (Author),‎ Bruce Bradley (Author). "Illustrated with Pete Bostrom's beautiful, three-view color photographs of each artifact, as well as detailed line drawings by Sarah Moore and imaginative illustrations of Clovis people and activities by Glen Strock."

No doubt Forrest was heavily involved in the production of this book, and may well have paid for its production. Actual sales were probably very small.

Could this explain the discrepancy? (And help Becky get to sleep at night?)

Smile
02-18-2018, 05:30 PM,
RE: Forrest's Missing Book?
I have thought so. For a long time I kept looking at Star Valley WY because that is where the Cache was found.
02-19-2018, 02:55 PM,
RE: Forrest's Missing Book?
I've not seen this discussion or concern on how many books Fenn put out. If the discussion or discrepancy relates to Fenn's statement at the end of the preface in TTOTC where he identifies this book as the 'ninth in twenty six years' consider the following theory....

Fenn is hinting at the periodic table again...it doesn't matter if this book is the ninth or if he's been telling stories for 26 years. They are probably close to the correct values but hes using those numbers no matter what to hide a message. His words in the last two paragraphs are below:

I tend to use some words that aren’t in the dictionary, and others
that are, I bend a little. My only goal in this endeavor is to talk about a
few of my life experiences and if any readers over the age of twelve
don’t see a little of themselves in this mirror, then maybe they deserve
another turn.
This book is my ninth in twenty-six years of casually recounting
the things I enjoy most. My books have to write themselves or I
struggle. This one did.

Three numbers 12, 9, 26. He says 'over the age of twelve'...BE 4 is "over" 12 on the table
9 is F and 26 is FE....the message is BE F FE...Be Forrest Fenn....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In Your Opinion - What Are We Missing? finditkeepit 15 4,997 01-21-2020, 09:58 AM
Last Post: Bigsteve
  The Forward in Forrest's New Book Iron Will 142 71,502 01-07-2019, 11:50 AM
Last Post: trigace
  So Forrest wrote a book, what does that have to do with a perfectly good treasure.... Gordon Lightfoot 7 3,851 07-05-2018, 07:46 PM
Last Post: The Count
  Who needs a Forrest Fenn book? mdc777 6 2,807 02-28-2018, 01:27 PM
Last Post: mdc777
  Forrest Fenn book giveaway mdc777 0 922 01-05-2018, 01:23 PM
Last Post: mdc777
  My tooth brush is missing geydelkon 10 4,314 01-05-2018, 02:11 AM
Last Post: geydelkon