Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JF
02-25-2018, 08:02 PM,
JF
Page 99. What does JF stand for? Any ideas.
02-25-2018, 11:46 PM,
RE: JF
If I remember correctly. FF told Mindy that JF meant Just Forrest.....I remember thinking at the time it must be nice to get so many answers to so many questions, because of your most favored searcher status.
02-26-2018, 12:27 AM,
JF does not mean "Just Forrest." So perhaps we have a real nugget get here, actual initials. Or a saying? I don't know but it must hold importance.
02-26-2018, 04:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-26-2018, 05:13 AM by Mindy.)
JF
(02-25-2018, 11:46 PM)Bet Wrote: If I remember correctly. FF told Mindy that JF meant Just Forrest.....I remember thinking at the time it must be nice to get so many answers to so many questions, because of your most favored searcher status.

No, not me. He supposedly told that to Diggin Gypsy.

I have a more recent email where he says something about the war correspondent who supposedly drew it. I want to find it before I paraphrase it, so hold on.

No, I guess I was thinking about the email he wrote to me and Marti. These specific parts:

“The drawing on page 99 was made by a war
correspondent/combat illustrator whose initials are JF. I was an instructor pilot in Vietnam, which meant it was my job to take non pilots on combat
missions so they could see what war is really like, mostly high ranking military officers and war correspondents. I flew with that JF guy in the
back seat of my F-100F. I'm sure I knew his name when we flew in 1968, but when I wrote TFTW, forty two, of so years later, his name had escaped me...

That drawing is not a map of any kind and I did not draw it...

I spent some time looking for JF because I wanted to send him a copy of my book. I could not find him. I even advertised in the Air Force Times for
information about him and came up with zero. I think he was a civilian, but don't remember. I figured if he ever saw my book he would contact me. If you want to launch a serious search I think he could be located if he is still alive.”

I did attempt to search for him. Given the information F provided in the email, I think I found a couple possible candidates, but none of them had the initials “JF.”

One was the guy who drew this (trying to find my notes that go with the pic):

[Image: 80fa51ecf6cac4560fa5abaf6210bd66.jpg]

Hope this helps. I’ll try and find my notes if I have time today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mindy's YouTube Channel and blog:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMAnEYj...UN1I6me_0g

http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
02-26-2018, 07:53 AM,
(02-25-2018, 08:02 PM)Copper Wrote: Page 99. What does JF stand for? Any ideas.

just google JF, its an amphibious plane sorta like the one skippy landed on hegben lake,its called the JF Duck
******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
02-26-2018, 09:24 AM,
(02-26-2018, 07:53 AM)pidmt Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 08:02 PM)Copper Wrote: Page 99. What does JF stand for? Any ideas.

just google JF, its an amphibious plane sorta like the one skippy landed on hegben lake,its called the JF Duck

I thought JF was when your hair is all messed up, maybe that was sumthing else.

Maybe JF is a hint to John Fitzgerald Kennedy and a nod to OH! Pt-109
02-26-2018, 09:52 AM,
The illustration on page 99 is a metamap. I suggest anyone who wants to find the TC needs to spend time on that page. There may be other ways to the same info in TTOTC, but there's definitely good stuff there including three things that pretty unambiguously confirm the general area.
02-26-2018, 09:57 AM,
(02-26-2018, 04:56 AM)Mindy Wrote: I did attempt to search for him. Given the information F provided in the email, I think I found a couple possible candidates, but none of them had the initials “JF.”

One was the guy who drew this (trying to find my notes that go with the pic):

[Image: 80fa51ecf6cac4560fa5abaf6210bd66.jpg]

Although the initials JF do appear to be in that drawing.