Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Where did the thread “The forums numbers are skyrocketing” go?
02-27-2018, 03:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-27-2018, 03:03 PM by Bet.)
Disappearing threads are a pet peeve of mine. I have long believed FF would contact individuals and give them special favors or attention to delete anything controversial said about him. Stephanie or Mindy would you care to comment on this, because you are both searchers I believe he may have done this with in the past. Even if this isn’t the case, deleting controversial threads sanitizes and whitewashes the Chase. If you are going to start a thread please don’t delete it. Any posts that one makes on these threads are also deleted.....frustrating.
02-27-2018, 03:03 PM,
(02-27-2018, 03:00 PM)Bet Wrote: Disappearing threads are a pet peeve of mine. I have long believed FF would contact individuals and give them special favors or attention to delete anything controversial said about him. Stephanie or Mindy would you care to comment on this. Even if this isn’t the case, deleting controversial threads sanitizes and whitewashes the Chase. If you are going to start a thread please don’t delete it. Any posts that one makes on these threads are also deleted.....frustrating.

I didn’t delete it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mindy's YouTube Channel and blog:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMAnEYj...UN1I6me_0g

http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
02-27-2018, 04:40 PM,
RE: Where did the thread “The forums numbers are skyrocketing” go?
Seeker 9, it would be nice to know your reasons behind deleting your thread. If I remember correctly you were critical of the moderator on Harrys for allegedly deleting posts, and then you delete your entire thread.
02-27-2018, 05:13 PM,
Sorry bout that.I felt like I was being a poor sport to continue to flaunt the rising numbers here.I started thinking the cockiness may turn ppl off,and I did not want to be the reason for ppl not coming here.I should'nt have made that post, I overstepped.Total disaster.
02-27-2018, 05:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-27-2018, 05:17 PM by Bet.)
(02-27-2018, 05:13 PM)Seeker9 Wrote: Sorry bout that.I felt like I was being a poor sport to continue to flaunt the rising numbers here.I started thinking the cockiness may turn ppl off,and I did not want to be the reason for ppl not coming here.I should'nt have made that post, I overstepped.Total disaster.

I thought it turned into a good thread with a lot of decent ideas.....it didn’t stay on the competitive note. BTW, Harrys has been dancing on CC’s grave for awhile now. Numbers don’t support a dying or dead forum, however. All is fair in love, war, and treasure hunts it seems. Thanks for explaining.
02-27-2018, 06:31 PM,
By the way Seeker, I didn't correct you in your thread, but the issue had been raised a couple of weeks earlier when ChaseChat was moved to a different provider (or transitioned at the same provider -- not sure). User counts went to almost 0 (just me and one guest) due to a defect in the new situation. I pointed it out to admin, and she had her IT guy fix it a couple of days later. Once fixed, we returned to the "typical" counts and signed-in members we were getting in the weeks and months before. Before it got fixed, some idiots elsewhere were crowing about the anomaly. All this was posted on an earlier thread that you missed.
02-27-2018, 06:45 PM,
Bet, not to stir a pot or anything but I know you've been around for awhile and you only have 1 thread and 25 posts? I mean how is that so unless you've been deleting a bit yourself?

If you pay attention the thread deleters all typically follow the same model...A post, usually OT, begins to veer into chase related information or thought processes that may have merit. At this point the thread disappears...when called out on it the original poster proffers a saccharin and seemingly innocent response as to why the thread was deleted. Best bet (sic), know your thread deleters and abstain from posting in their threads...if you see something good come up, repost it in your own thread or one that you know will not get axed.

02-27-2018, 07:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-28-2018, 01:32 AM by Bet.)
(02-27-2018, 06:45 PM)knighterrant Wrote: Bet, not to stir a pot or anything but I know you've been around for awhile and you only have 1 thread and 25 posts? I mean how is that so unless you've been deleting a bit yourself?

If you pay attention the thread deleters all typically follow the same model...A post, usually OT, begins to veer into chase related information or thought processes that may have merit. At this point the thread disappears...when called out on it the original poster proffers a saccharin and seemingly innocent response as to why the thread was deleted. Best bet (sic), know your thread deleters and abstain from posting in their threads...if you see something good come up, repost it in your own thread or one that you know will not get axed.

Fair question.....I think Stephanie deleted my acount and that would have included many of the threads, not sure. At that time there was no record of me ever being on the blog. Anyway, some of my threads still exist but they aren’t on my new account.
03-18-2019, 11:36 PM,
Hmmmmm.

Interesting that this came up tonight, and what was said.

I stopped posting for a long time because so many of the threads that I posted on were deleted. In fact, it looked like a pattern, intentional.

I was looking to respond on several threads tonight, but poof...

I, for one, believe that only your own posts should be self-deletable, not whole threads. That's trolling for input, and then erasing the work of others you want to take for yourself. I feel it's bad policy. A lot of good material goes, lots of crap stays.

So hear me all and listen good,
My efforts are not worth the hold.

That means Goodbye! to all for me.

I appreciate the thinking and efforts of all who read or responded to anything I wrote, and all great thinking shared.

SYand42lbsHeavier,

Halogetter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Numbers Game Estacado 3 797 07-04-2020, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Estacado
  Stick figure scrapbook numbers Billy bones 3 1,742 03-16-2019, 02:10 AM
Last Post: lingerlonger
  Winning JJ Raffle Ticket Numbers tyounis 1 1,601 09-10-2018, 05:21 AM
Last Post: Luckydog
  Lumbers and numbers, a man shall ring a bell to raise the DeeepThnkr 0 973 07-14-2018, 11:37 AM
Last Post: DeeepThnkr
  First line and prime numbers Chmaanta 0 1,654 06-25-2016, 05:05 PM
Last Post: Chmaanta
  Math and Numbers in the solve Bet 12 10,023 03-14-2016, 05:20 PM
Last Post: Hammertime