Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the rankings
03-06-2018, 08:27 PM,
RE: the rankings
There are no words for the loss of Randy...or all of the others that have lost there lives for what they believe in.
03-06-2018, 09:32 PM,
(03-05-2018, 12:21 AM)JP Wrote: John,

You're assuming that WWWH or the canyon or any of the other clues are landmarks or anything else you can see or find on a map.

I am not assuming any such thing. I am not assuming anything except that events rare enough to rule out as having occurred by chance are unlikely to have occurred by chance.
03-06-2018, 10:22 PM,
(03-06-2018, 10:12 PM)brubr Wrote:
(03-06-2018, 08:27 PM)Daniel A Wrote: ...or all of the others that have lost there lives for what they believe in.

Seriously??! Please cut the melodrama. These men went into the wilderness and perished as a direct result of the incredibly poor decisions they made. Although tragic, their deaths were NOT the consequence of following a dream or standing up for a principle or any other ennobling emotion.

Park rangers and emergency personnel like to say that the greatest physical risk for dying of ANYTHING in the Grand Canyon is....testosterone. Men in their 20s and early 30s form the largest group of fatalities. Men in their 50s form the second largest group of fatalities. VERY similar distribution to what we've seen in the chase. When you go into the wilderness, you have to be prepared to get yourself out, or at least visualize the consequences of what you are about to do.

So if the next is a woman or a child (replace men from your statement above with either of those terms), will it be the same statement? Take a second to think about that.

Kpro
Forum.hintofriches.com
03-06-2018, 10:30 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-06-2018, 10:31 PM by crazyfamily.)
the rankings
There's an interesting hypocrisy occurring here. When men make poor decisions and die as a result, Fenn gets the blame. When women make bad decisions that place themselves at risk of being exploited, the women are blamed.

razyfamily
03-06-2018, 10:33 PM,
(03-06-2018, 10:30 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: There's an interesting irony occurring here. When men make poor decisions and die as a result, Fenn gets the blame. When women make bad decisions that place themselves at risk of being exploited, the women are blamed.

razyfamily

We agree. I think. Does this mean women who make poor decisions need to stop saying how much they are victims and need to take accountability? Or am I misreading your comment?

Kpro
Forum.hintofriches.com
03-06-2018, 10:45 PM,
the rankings
(03-06-2018, 10:33 PM)Kpro Wrote:
(03-06-2018, 10:30 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: There's an interesting irony occurring here. When men make poor decisions and die as a result, Fenn gets the blame. When women make bad decisions that place themselves at risk of being exploited, the women are blamed.

razyfamily

We agree. I think. Does this mean women who make poor decisions need to stop saying how much they are victims and need to take accountability? Or am I misreading your comment?

Kpro
Forum.hintofriches.com

(03-06-2018, 10:22 PM)Kpro Wrote: So if the next is a woman or a child (replace men from your statement above with either of those terms), will it be the same statement? Take a second to think about that.

Perhaps I misunderstood what you're saying here. You seem to be indicating that you agree that Fenn is to blame for these men dying by suggesting that Brubr changes her opinion based on gender. Weren't you one of the proponents of Fenn being responsible for these deaths?

razyfamily
03-06-2018, 10:53 PM,
(03-06-2018, 10:45 PM)crazyfamily Wrote:
(03-06-2018, 10:33 PM)Kpro Wrote:

razyfamily

Kpro
Forum.hintofriches.com

(03-06-2018, 10:22 PM)Kpro Wrote: So if the next is a woman or a child (replace men from your statement above with either of those terms), will it be the same statement? Take a second to think about that.

Perhaps I misunderstood what you're saying here. You seem to be indicating that you agree that Fenn is to blame for these men dying by suggesting that Brubr changes her opinion based on gender. Weren't you one of the proponents of Fenn being responsible for these deaths?

razyfamily

I am of the position that women and men are equal. Some may say how helpless they are to a man who took advantage. Women vote, women own property, and women should be accountable for their actions. I would hate for this to be a way that anyone to say that women, who were willing participants should not have their judgement as a part of their rights, were taken advantage and should not have the rights of men since they admit they were taken advantage due to men and were not able to do anything about it. They can’t say in one breathe, they made a judgement to do certain things, then later they should not be held accountable that this is what all women should know not to do.

What is the alternative. Should we go back to not have women have rights to make judgements if they then can later say it was that man who took advantage? I think women are as smart as men. But that is just me.
03-06-2018, 10:56 PM,
the rankings
Have you blamed Fenn for the men dying while out searching?

razyfamily
03-08-2018, 08:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-08-2018, 08:41 PM by John Brown.)
(03-04-2018, 09:50 PM)TwistedAnkle Wrote: JB, I was living on East Coast when you worked so hard to try and find Randy. I didn't know you got so close. A very belated thank you from me, and perhaps many of us is in order. Thank you.

Thanks TA. Sorry to see you're gone. I was humbled when he was found. I put my tracks in from the days in question and my path was about 50' from him. Two of the guys with me were closer than I was. We were spread out in a line going along the shore. I guess I was a little arrogant if you can imagine that. I didn't think we could possibly get as close as we did and not find him.

(03-04-2018, 10:56 PM)knighterrant Wrote: Rio Arriba is it...I don't care what the computer told John. That's my gut anyways..

Your gut is wrong.
03-08-2018, 09:19 PM,
(03-08-2018, 08:39 PM)John Brown Wrote:
(03-04-2018, 10:56 PM)knighterrant Wrote: Rio Arriba is it...I don't care what the computer told John. That's my gut anyways..
Your gut is wrong.

Maybe, I have indigestion real bad sumtimes. But I'll stick with it.