Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dear Becky aka Becky from wva
03-05-2018, 05:11 PM,
Dear Becky aka Becky from wva
Hello, Becky! I've seen you talking on other threads about lurkers stealing information and not contributing, and as a lurker I thought it'd be fun to respond with a portion of the general solve. Poem purists won't like this one bit. I'll give credit where credit is due. If any of this information helps you find the treasure, all I ask is that you give me the nugget that looks like the lure he made in Vietnam. Either that or let me have the turquoise bracelet. I'd love to give Forrest the chance to earn it back in another pool game. Eight ball, 9 ball, or straight pool; doesn't matter. I'll make him look silly.

The portion of THE solve I am revealing ties together horses, stars, nickels, and ciphers. Mindy's recent post about frog being part of a horse hoof reinforced my solve because a horse is an important part of the solve; specifically a stallion. The treasure is in the Rockys. Rocky was also known as the Italian Stallion. More directly it was written by, directed by, and starred Sly Stallone; Sly Stall One; Sly Horse. More about Sly Horse later.

Why is it in the Rockys? That's the MYSTERY I needed to solve with the poem. I think it was Chris Yates' early post about "whY is iT" or Y is T that settled the fact there is an embedded code. I figured that if Y is T, then it follows that T is Y. RockT? I suppose you could take a rocket to the moon and stars. Forrest catered to some stars. What stars stick out in the Rockys? I had already used Sly Horse, so it was some other star. Some can see this coming together now. If Y is T, then T is Y. "Y is it - THAT 'I' must GO". Mister T; MYsterY. " If you've been Ys and found the blaze..." Indeed I've been Ys.

Mr. T is the blaze. Forrest confirmed as much (66,000 links in his gold chains). If Mr. T looks quickly down, you see a Mohawk. The Mohicans lived on the East Coast, alluding to Eric Sloane, and Daniel Day Lewis starred in The Last of the Mohicans. Daniel is the first name relating to Skippy; I'll post more later on Daniel - think coon skin cap. Me in the Middle is referencing the connection between Day and Forrest. I gathered all of the letters captured in the postmarks in TTOTC and went to work. His sister June's story seems to be a secret, so I initially thought Lewis was referencing the Lewis Cipher (not for the meek), but nothing was working. I was stumped. And then I remembered an aberration.

Forrest covered Philadelphia with his thumb. Almost every Rocky took place in Philadelphia; all of them except Rocky IV. That one was in Russia. Forrest, you sly horse! From there it became a little easier. Nicolai Fechin was the Tartar artist (tarry scant). We don't have to ask, "Who is Nicolai Fechin?", but, " What is Nicolai Fechin?" What is nickel eye fetching? On the nickel, Jefferson is staring at - you guessed it - T; confirmation again of the blaze along with confirmation to use the cipher used between Jefferson and Lewis. If you are privy to the journal entries Lewis sent to Jefferson about Chief Sly Horse, then you know the key phrase used to decode the postmarks, thus delivering Indulgence to the seeker.

I pity the fool who don't like my solve.
03-05-2018, 07:49 PM,
RE: Dear Becky aka Becky from wva
(03-05-2018, 05:11 PM)Diogenes the Cynic Wrote: Hello, Becky! I've seen you talking on other threads about lurkers stealing information and not contributing, and as a lurker I thought it'd be fun to respond with a portion of the general solve. Poem purists won't like this one bit. I'll give credit where credit is due. If any of this information helps you find the treasure, all I ask is that you give me the nugget that looks like the lure he made in Vietnam. Either that or let me have the turquoise bracelet. I'd love to give Forrest the chance to earn it back in another pool game. Eight ball, 9 ball, or straight pool; doesn't matter. I'll make him look silly.

The portion of THE solve I am revealing ties together horses, stars, nickels, and ciphers. Mindy's recent post about frog being part of a horse hoof reinforced my solve because a horse is an important part of the solve; specifically a stallion. The treasure is in the Rockys. Rocky was also known as the Italian Stallion. More directly it was written by, directed by, and starred Sly Stallone; Sly Stall One; Sly Horse. More about Sly Horse later.

Why is it in the Rockys? That's the MYSTERY I needed to solve with the poem. I think it was Chris Yates' early post about "whY is iT" or Y is T that settled the fact there is an embedded code. I figured that if Y is T, then it follows that T is Y. RockT? I suppose you could take a rocket to the moon and stars. Forrest catered to some stars. What stars stick out in the Rockys? I had already used Sly Horse, so it was some other star. Some can see this coming together now. If Y is T, then T is Y. "Y is it - THAT 'I' must GO". Mister T; MYsterY. " If you've been Ys and found the blaze..." Indeed I've been Ys.

Mr. T is the blaze. Forrest confirmed as much (66,000 links in his gold chains). If Mr. T looks quickly down, you see a Mohawk. The Mohicans lived on the East Coast, alluding to Eric Sloane, and Daniel Day Lewis starred in The Last of the Mohicans. Daniel is the first name relating to Skippy; I'll post more later on Daniel - think coon skin cap. Me in the Middle is referencing the connection between Day and Forrest. I gathered all of the letters captured in the postmarks in TTOTC and went to work. His sister June's story seems to be a secret, so I initially thought Lewis was referencing the Lewis Cipher (not for the meek), but nothing was working. I was stumped. And then I remembered an aberration.

Forrest covered Philadelphia with his thumb. Almost every Rocky took place in Philadelphia; all of them except Rocky IV. That one was in Russia. Forrest, you sly horse! From there it became a little easier. Nicolai Fechin was the Tartar artist (tarry scant). We don't have to ask, "Who is Nicolai Fechin?", but, " What is Nicolai Fechin?" What is nickel eye fetching? On the nickel, Jefferson is staring at - you guessed it - T; confirmation again of the blaze along with confirmation to use the cipher used between Jefferson and Lewis. If you are privy to the journal entries Lewis sent to Jefferson about Chief Sly Horse, then you know the key phrase used to decode the postmarks, thus delivering Indulgence to the seeker.

I pity the fool who don't like my solve.

Nice one. Smile
03-05-2018, 07:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-05-2018, 09:01 PM by knighterrant.)
This is off the chain...Mr.T's chains...Mr. T is the blaze!!!

Please continue, this is solid gold...

03-05-2018, 11:40 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-05-2018, 11:41 PM by Becky from WV.)
@Diogenes the Cynic - First let me say I truly LOVE 3 of the the Rocky movies. But all-in-all my least favorite is Rocky III ... the Mr. T one. NOT crazy about the V one either. But Sylvester Stallone - mmm-mmm-mmmmm!

I can tell how well thought out your solve is, & how long & hard you must have worked on it. Mucho time, effort, & research. My solve has none of these: "horses, stars, nickels, and ciphers." But mine has something that yours does NOT; actual physical locations that correspond perfectly to the poem clues.

I have nothing against Mindy's frog ... it just is NOT the right one. Sorry to say, I would NOT give you 2 cents for ANY of her info. Or for that of Chris Yates. You know what, Diogenes the Cynic? I used to think he was smart. Times do change!

I so happy that you have decided to join us. Welcome to the "pond scum". We're a fun bunch. From where do you hail? Do you own FF books TTOTC & TFTW?
03-06-2018, 12:22 AM,
I'm not going to tell you where you can find the blaze, silly. Most people would assume that a Mr. T blaze would involve a waterfall due to the correlation between "My War for Me" and where the A-Team met. Very few know he was a bodyguard for Muhammad Ali (Cassius Clay). When I think "cash is clay" I think of f looking for pots in caves.

Kidding aside, I haven't started a real solve. I've read TTOTC once and got TFTW and OUAW for Christmas. I haven't read the other two yet. I hail from the Hawkeye state. My main goal is to enjoy myself and have fun.
03-06-2018, 01:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-06-2018, 01:10 AM by Becky from WV.)
@IA - Are you planning to make a botg search anytime soon ... like this year? Probably too soon if you have yet to get a definite solve.

I've NEVER been to IA, but you've probably NEVER been to WV either. Searchers talk about FF's intelligence at being a wordsmith. I'd say you're quite one yourself (cash is clay). Pretty cool, I must say.

I'm glad Santa was on the ball last Christmas. You must have been a very good boy! Oh, wait a minute! I'm assuming you are a male. Sorry if I'm mistaken.

Well, IA, your thinking is certainly FREE-spirited & your reasoning is spot-on ... but it's way too convoluted & involved for a simpleton like me. FF says water, I look for H2O. He says canyon, I look for a canyon, etc. I am the greatest proponent of occam's razor you'll ever meet. Simplicity with the least obstructions & complexities is my game.

I didn't know Mr.T was a bodyguard for Ali. I haven't really followed boxing, although my very best friend in the whole world was a Golden Gloves champ who went semi-pro for a while. That was my friend Paul who took me to visit Buster Douglas. That is honestly, IA, the most humongous man I've ever personally seen (& one of the sweetest). I kid you NOT ... his fists are the size of my head.

You seem like a really nice person. But NOT to worry, IA ... we "pond scum" will soon cure you of that. Before long you'll be as tainted & contentious as the rest of us!
03-06-2018, 10:19 AM,
@Becky: I battle people's preconceived notions about blonds by using 10 dollar words. Please don't let it fool you. I'm pretty simple. I have led a pretty sheltered life but was fortunate enough to travel to Huntington to visit a client. Beautiful area. Coincidentally my day to day contact's name was Becky.

I have no plans for any BOTG this year. Of course that would change if I were as convinced as OH! I think OH!'s first words were, "Take me to your leader." He certainly isn't from this planet.

Thank you for the nice words and warning. I'm accustomed to Iowa outdoors, so pond scum and bloodsuckers don't bother me much.
03-06-2018, 12:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-06-2018, 12:04 PM by Copper.)
Hi Diogenes, I really like your solve. My blaze is also a T, so that makes me like your solve even more.Smile I remember that show as a kid, I always wanted to grow up to be Murdoch. We need more shows like that today. I agree with you that Forrest uses pieces of popular media, historical and current, to build a picture for people to pull from. Your brain signalled for Mr. T, whereas mine went more in the direction of comic strips. I don't think either are wrong. I believe that there are several ways to get to the final location, and if you are making connections through the characters of the A Team, go with it. Here's the kicker though, you have to be able to tie your connections into a geographical location....and that is not easy.

Has anyone asked Forrest if there are several ways to solve the poem? He didn't say there was only one right way did he? If he wants us to use our imaginations, he had to have left a little room to wiggle in.
03-06-2018, 02:29 PM,
Hey, Copper! That's interesting...without displaying my well deserved nerd stripes too much, I really enjoy comic strips and comic books. That'd be cool if yours works. To say this is difficult is an understatement.

I'm definitely not knowledgeable about what's been asked of Forrest. I did think it was curious that his "flashlight and a sandwich" comment is almost verbatim from some recommendations for ridge walkers to find caves. The website pointed out people commonly use pneumonic stories to remember secret spelunking spots. As I process things I read, I'm inclined to think the poem is a double solve; read once to get you to a general area, then read again to find the specific area. That's the only way I can make sense of someone being at a clue and walking past the rest.
03-06-2018, 06:30 PM,
I agree. Also, a bunker is not a cave!?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Dear RO/RN romeofoxtrot 12 8,010 07-24-2016, 01:55 PM
Last Post: boomergirl
  Dear Ricky: Keyword! superfly 32 20,982 12-11-2015, 11:48 AM
Last Post: trigace
  Dear Mindy Ricky Nowak 23 8,730 07-09-2015, 09:18 AM
Last Post: deb