Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BOTG
03-08-2018, 12:12 PM,
BOTG
After spending three days BOTG chasing Fenn's treasure, I have no idea how anyone can begrudge him.
Being off the couch, venturing into the great outdoors, exploring new places and meeting new people is the best thing I do.
03-08-2018, 12:14 PM,
RE: BOTG
How people discovered this before Fenn hid a treasure in the mountains I have no idea
03-08-2018, 01:22 PM,
(03-08-2018, 12:12 PM)boomergirl Wrote: After spending three days BOTG chasing Fenn's treasure, I have no idea how anyone can begrudge him.
Being off the couch, venturing into the great outdoors, exploring new places and meeting new people is the best thing I do.

+LIKE
03-08-2018, 01:30 PM,
(03-08-2018, 12:14 PM)filmguy Wrote: How people discovered this before Fenn hid a treasure in the mountains I have no idea

Ah, I love the smell of sarcasm in the morning.

Filmguy, a lot of your posts seem to be taking jabs at other posters here. Is there a reason for this?
03-08-2018, 02:40 PM,
(03-08-2018, 12:12 PM)boomergirl Wrote: After spending three days BOTG chasing Fenn's treasure, I have no idea how anyone can begrudge him.

They do because there is a percentage of people who believe they are in some way superior to others based merely on their own self image. They think they are smarter, luckier, more dedicated or for some other loosely defined reason deserve the things they desire more than anyone else.

When reality begins to demonstrate that they are not any of those things they begin to suffer cognitive dissonance. Cognitive dissonance over time will force them to either abandon or modify their previously held beliefs about themselves or conjure up an explanation as to why they are not getting what they want. This syndrome can be identified because the explanation has no more substance than the fantastical self image they have. They can point to specific information to substantiate their beliefs but it is usually all linked by correlation and not causation.

This is why this type of puzzle is so difficult. None of us know the causal connections that FF used to create the poem. Because of that we are all finding answers that based on correlations. I think this is why he said that once someone has figured it out they will be able to move with deliberation and retrieve the chest. Once the causal link is discovered it will lead to only one possible solution. There must be one clue that he was forced to use because the answer limits the number of possible clues he could give to one, or hopefully no more than a few.

If all of the clues were chosen from many possible alternative clues that all produce the same answer then the discovery can only be by brute force decryption. Trying every combination of possible solution until you have a sting of 9 linked answers and try it, rinse and repeat...basically the same as trying to pick a combination lock by trying every possible sequence. There are techniques to reduce the number of likely combinations but in the end it is number crunching.

I think most people are looking to HOB as the limited clue. FF suggested that it is WWWH. I do not think it is either of those. My current theories are "no place for the meek" and "marvel gaze." I choose these because the key clue will be the one that there is a very limited way of referring to the answer without it being obvious. Looking at the rhyme couplets each has one that seems to be the necessary word and the other could be easily changed if the other rhyme word was different. Then looking at all of those these seem to have the least possible substitute phrases that would not give away the answer. Of course it is based on my solutions which makes the whole solution circular so it is probably wrong and not very helpful to anyone else.
03-08-2018, 03:20 PM,
NM was great...if it wasn't for Forrest....I would have never had traveled there.
03-09-2018, 09:11 AM,
(03-08-2018, 12:14 PM)filmguy Wrote: How people discovered this before Fenn hid a treasure in the mountains I have no idea

Very true. Searching for a treasure diminishs the ability to see the sights and sounds of nature, and of course we have many stories of searchers who care little about nature and are destroying and trashing things. The unintended consequences of a treasure hunt in the Rockies.